Days of Our Lives - Fri., Mar. 2, 2018

I'm hoping the show explains Claire's motivations to us. It would be great if they tied it to Belle's cheating causing a divorce between her and Shawn.
That would've been a good way to explain why Claire was so upset. She could've said she didn't want Grandma Hope to get hurt like her dad was when Belle cheated.

Although, do we know if Claire knows Belle's cheating was the cause of their divorce? With her comment about Rafe being a "rotten cheater" and how cheaters never change (when she was talking to Marlena), kind of makes me think she doesn't know Belle cheated on Shawn.

That would definitely be great, but I doubt they do. Claire & Ciara have been at odds for some time, and it does appear Claire wanted to best Ciara. It galled her that Ciara & Tripp had something they shared, but would not tell her. And they had good reason, and Claire proved them right!

Val has already tried to persuade her son to not deny his child. Did not work, so she is going to try with Lani. Seems hard to believe this is so important to her, when she did the same thing, but...when her son found out, it caused a great deal of heartache, and perhaps she is trying hard to not let that happen to everyone involved. In Val's case, it was her, her son. But in this case, there is JJ, Lani, Eli, Gabi, the child, Abe, Jennifer, Abby, Julie, .....a definite rippling effect.

Nothing Claire did indicated to me that she was doing this out of revenge on Ciara.
Hopefully that's not what people think I think. I don't. To be clear, my point was that if Ciara weren't forcing an adversarial relationship with her niece, Claire would have found out about this a long time ago. Claire's had less than a Salem day to process this stuff.

I agree about the creepy "our princess is finally getting married thing" and the lack of any real relationship between Claire and the rest of the town.

It would be great if they tied it to Belle's cheating causing a divorce between her and Shawn.
That would be nice!
I have no doubt that even if Rafe and Hope break up, they'll be reconciled within 2 months.
That's why I would have liked Claire to have found this out weeks ago, and told Hope, and Rafe and Hope could have worked it out, and now be married. I have no doubt that this couple is the new "golden couple" having been foisted on us by ever incarnation of writing teams since Tomlin/Whitesell left in '15. Therefore let's get on with it and stop making their "romance" the focus.

Why was Ciara & Tripp's secret any of Claire's business? What if they had sex, and did not want anyone to know? What if they were planning a surprise for Claire? Claire could not stand that Ciara & Tripp shared something she did not. She was repeatedly told it was not about her or Theo, so it was something else, something they felt they did not want to share with ANYONE. Claire did not need to know. To record their conversation secretly was disgusting. They are her friends, roommates, and one a relative. Truly a shame she is that nosy.

And it was up to Rafe to tell Hope, he should have, long ago. But Sami is still the one who blabbed it anyway, just to get Carrie's goat, and that is no different than Claire wanting to get Ciara's. Shame on Rafe for not telling, but then, seems like others at the wedding were keeping "secrets" as well.

Speaking of Eli's mother, I think Lani would be wise to take the thus far mild-mannered Dr. Grant seriously when she says: "I am NOT nice!" I'm starting to think neither Eli nor Lani realize that a powder keg has been lit and it's looking like she's set to go off before too much longer! :eek:
Agree. Lying, delusional Lani should be far more afraid of Dr. Grant than she was of the demon goats on the deserted Greek island or any Salem criminal. Dr. Grant may not howl, yowl, and bay at the moon like a lot of Salemites, but her facial expressions definitely have a don't-cross-me look. Any woman who resolutely excluded her wastrel, worthless husband from his son's life for decades is not to be messed with.

Frankly I have no use for Ciara so everything she does annoys me. I am beyond tired of the Teen Loft and its cheap grist. Claire didn't necessarily have a "right" to any information, that's for sure, and recording her insane aunt was wrong.

I really, really hope that the girls either become friends quickly after this or stop interacting altogether.

Back