Days of Our Lives - Fri., Mar. 30, 2018

The trial: Okay where was Sonny or Will? It drives me nuts that that in the weeks leading to the trial we've had both guys telling Gabi she can count them. But now the trial has started, neither of them can be seen. This is just lazy writing. At least Justin mentioned that Rafe was chasing down a lead for the defense. But I still think Rafe could have passed that on to Eli so he can useful in this story, while Gabi is insisting he make himself scarce. Rafe could have been there for his sister so she would've had someone there other than Chad. :rolleyes:
It's not just that Gabi's significant others who are missing, her lawyer ought to step up his game. When the creepy New DiMera Guy was on the witness stand, Justin should have pressed him hard on the convenient gap in the security footage and destroyed his credibility by asking him all about all the dishonest things he's done during his career. In fact, just asking: "isn't your mother Vivian Alamain" should have been enough to ruin the sleaze in the eyes of the jurors. And now that "Abigail" has perjured herself on the stand it's time to tear her credibility to shreds, asking her questions that lead to the following summation: "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, are you to believe this witness who stalked and attempted to seduce a woman's husband, and who secretly had a cheap affair with another's fiance; who has been in and out of mental institutions; who once tried to burn Mr. Ben Weston alive; who once hid for weeks in her mother's attic; and who herself was infuriated with Mr. Andre DiMera at the time of his death."
Hmmm. I'm no lawyer, but wouldn't anything Gabi allegedly said to Abigail in the restroom be considered hearsay?
Gabi's alleged statement cannot be entered into evidence to prove that she murdered Andre, but it can be admitted to show that she said it.

Last edited:
I think the Lani/Abe/JJ/Jennifer/Eli/Val stuff was the bright spot of the show. I'm gonna need to put a mental block on the storyline of Abigail's multiple personalities, especially since it involves Stefan. Ridiculous and already stale. And yes, why isn't Rafe there for his sister instead of moaning and groaning over Hope? I think Rafe & Hope seriously are the new Jennifer & Daniel of the soap, in that they receive endless praise and airtime on the show, yet very few fans actually enjoy them.

I think Rafe & Hope seriously are the new Jennifer & Daniel of the soap, in that they receive endless praise and airtime on the show, yet very few fans actually enjoy them.

I don't think they receive endless airtime at all. We just went through a 2 week stretch without seeing Hope and then we had another week where they didn't share scenes together. I wonder if Ron is trying to rebuild them from the ground up.

There are a handful of very vocal anti-Rafe/Hope fans on Twitter. Aside from that, most of the comments I see are either positive or neutral about them. SOD recently did a poll as well where the majority said they should reconcile.

I agree about the handful of very vocal anti Rafe/Hope group. Because they post so frequently, answering each other back & forth, it can seem as though a majority are not in favor, but, as Heather said, just a small handful of repeaters, who make it their business to drown out the positives.

Back