Days of our Lives - Friday, December 8, 2023

I thought Jason47 would have posted this here by now, but there is a bit of news about Days, but I noticed today there were no writing credits listed at the end of the show. So evidently after the absence of script writers at beginning of week, today ended the listing of breakdown writers.

Jason47 has indicated only 2 writers now remain, Carlivatti & Ryan Quan, & probably both will only be around this month, and then come the non union writers, whose work we will be seeing until late spring. Hang in there, folks, we are probably in for a bumpy ride.
Whatever they write can't be any worse than the stuff from the regular "writers". I cannot imagine being handed this mess and told to continue it somehow or worse yet maintain it as is until the original "writers" return. The baby swap story alone is a crime against logic and decency. *shudders in fear and disgust*

Last edited:
I thought Jason47 would have posted this here by now, but there is a bit of news about Days, but I noticed today there were no writing credits listed at the end of the show. So evidently after the absence of script writers at beginning of week, today ended the listing of breakdown writers.

Jason47 has indicated only 2 writers now remain, Carlivatti & Ryan Quan, & probably both will only be around this month, and then come the non union writers, whose work we will be seeing until late spring. Hang in there, folks, we are probably in for a bumpy ride.

Busy with the holidays, so I might forget to post here sometimes, but my main posts are always on my FB page. Thanks for bringing it to my attention that I forgot to post it here as well:

BREAKDOWN WRITERS NO LONGER LISTED IN CREDITS.

As "Days" gets closer to its 5 months of WGA-strike episodes, the breakdown writing staff has now been removed from the credits as of Friday, December 8. The script writers were removed on Monday, December 4. The last two writers still in the credits (Ron Carlivati and Ryan Quan) will be removed from the credits in the coming weeks as their overall storylines wrap up around Christmas. "Days" will then air around 100 episodes+ of scripts fully written by non-WGA writers through May 2024.

Whatever they write can't be any worse than the stuff from the regular "writers". I cannot imagine being handed this mess and told to continue it somehow or worse yet maintain it as is until the original "writers" return. The baby swap story alone is a crime against logic and decency. *shudders in fear and disgust*

It would have been interesting if a character was still pregnant going into January, if they actually would have just kept her pregnant (regardless of how many months ago the pregnancy was) until June.

I cannot imagine being handed this mess and told to continue it somehow or worse yet maintain it as is until the original "writers" return. The baby swap story alone is a crime against logic and decency. *shudders in fear and disgust*

Breakdown writer Jeanne Marie Ford and script editor Fran Myers remained with the show during the strike, since they were strike breakers in 2007 and no longer members of the WGA, so we do still have two writers on staff who will be uncredited during the 5 months. Fran has also written scripts herself before, so perhaps they switched her to that during the strike, and she handled one script per week for the 5 months.

Maybe the fresh team will be amazing and not do all the things we hate.

As far as the bakery goes, I wish they’d let Chanel bake in her space but sell through the pub or something so it’s less weird. We did get a kitchen set for Chanel. At least for a while.

In the past, some years ago, there was a strike, forget how long it lasted, but when it was over, all of the writers were fired!!!! ( If I remember right, it was when Hogan Shaefer was leading them) Jason47 probably has the correct info.

Thanks for the summary.

I can't believe we're saddled with this absurd young people love hexagon, or whatever it is at this point. It's childish and silly filler, usually something done over the summer. In any case, awful.

I hope that Leo does reveal that the baby is alive soon, and that the paternity secret comes out later (or otherwise, was wrong and the baby is actually EJ's). Not a fan of Eric and Nicole as a couple anymore. I've always thought EJ was her best match, and if not him, then Rafe or Brady.

I'm tired of Sloan, but it was nice seeing Roman today.

As far as the bakery goes, I wish they’d let Chanel bake in her space but sell through the pub or something so it’s less weird. We did get a kitchen set for Chanel. At least for a while.
I remember when they built the Horton Town Square set and were raving about how revolutionary it was going to be. It supposedly was going to spin a full 360 degrees so they could show all four sides, and the little stores and businesses would be fully functioning mini sets so they could show action within each one.

That certainly never panned out.

In the past, some years ago, there was a strike, forget how long it lasted, but when it was over, all of the writers were fired!!!! ( If I remember right, it was when Hogan Shaefer was leading them) Jason47 probably has the correct info.

Yes, that's correct. Hogan Sheffer and a majority of the writing team were fired as soon as the strike ended in 2008.

Back