Days of Our Lives - Friday, Nov. 28th, 2008

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Friday, November 28, 2008

Episode #10,964 Taped 10/30 Director – Phil Sogard

Bob is roughing up Melanie outside the Pub, demanding his wallet back. She returns it, but he doesn’t end it there, calling her a grifter, and then his hands are roaming her thighs when Melanie’s knight in shining armor comes riding up on his white horse, collaring Bob, throwing him up against the wall. Now Philip & Bob have words, but Phil convinces Bob to slink off into wherever sleezy guys go. And now it is the ungrateful Melanie’s turn to give Phil a hard time. She goes on at how she did not kill her father, Nick did, but everyone is still on her case, hates her, treats her like dirt. She even berates Philip for rescuing her, he promises not to do it again. She tries to make excuses for stealing the guy’s wallet, moaning about how broke she is in comparison to Philip living in the lap of luxury.

Lucas & Chloe are about to leave the Pub with some sack food, as Daniel & Kate walk in. Awkward Greetings all around, as Daniel is told it was supposed to be 20 minutes, but he protests he only heard 10. I really do not understand the logistics here, but evidently, Victor is hosting a surprise party for Kate. Now we go over to the Kiriakis mansion where Victor comes out to welcome Brady home. Brady says he is doing well, they exchange small talk, then Vic tells Brady he is having this party for Kate, and perhaps it would be better if Brady wasn’t there. Brady says he’d love to see Kate, he heard she was doing so well, but Vic lets him know that Lucas is now dating Chloe, they are inseparable, and it might be awkward. No problem, sez Brady, have already seen Chloe, they are fine, and in fact, have also seen Nicole. Victor gets angry, those two women caused nothing but problems, and are trouble and he should stay away from them both. Brady tell Vic he should forgive and forget, Victor gets really upset now, saying just because Brady is all forgiving doesn’t mean he has to, too. He is not a recovering pill addict. (low blow). Chelsea arrives, happy to see Brady, has a few words with her grandfather about Nick & how she blamed herself, but Max straightened her out, and she realizes it was all Melanie’s fault. She warns Victor about how much trouble Melanie is to anyone with whom she comes in contact. Daniel, Kate, Lucas & Chloe come in, more greetings all around. Brady takes Daniel aside to talk of Daniel giving up his surfing. Now Victor gets Chloe aside and lets her know, in no uncertain terms, how much he dislikes her, still blames her, and wants her to keep out of his sight. Chelsea overhears, and comes over to give Chloe a pep talk. Later Lucas does the same, telling Chloe that he loves her, and nothing else is important. She is ranting about Victor’s treatment of her, but Lucas manages to calm her down, just repeating the “he loves her, nothing else is important” mantra.

Daniel is trying to tell Victor what a huge help Chloe was to Kate, so give her some slack, when he gets a call, has to leave to go to the hospital. A nurse gives him some test results, and when Daniel looks them over, he appears shocked, and even bewildered. He asks if she is sure about these, there has been no mixup. Nope. He returns to the party. Philip has arrived, hugged his mom, tells her that he knows how much help Daniel has been to her, and won’t give either a hard time anymore. When Daniel returns, Philip tries to gift him with a Rolex, but Daniel refuses, saying he cannot take thanks or gratuities. Philip gathers everyone together, making a toast to Kate. All join in, except Daniel, whose mind seems to be somewhere else.

Maggie comes into her kitchen, finding Melanie, who says she just came in. She asks if Maggie is really going to let her stay there, Maggie assures her she can. Mel is happy, as she worried that she might have to sleep on a park bench tonight. She starts yammering about the bad day she had, but Maggie cuts her short, letting her know that after what happened to Nick, she doesn’t want to hear anything from Mel. Later, Melanie is counting the money in her wallet, $13 & change, tells herself that should last her til tomorrow, Maggie comes in with a couple bags of groceries, Mel gives her a hand, Maggie gives her a note she forgot to give her earlier. Melanie reads, and is surprised. Philip is giving her the job.

Nicole is laying in bed, as EJ comes in with Johnny. He asks why she has been crying, is it the baby……..yes, replies a tearful Nicole. He wants to know what happened, and she sadly asks if it is not Johnny’s bedtime. Yes it is, EJ will go tuck him in. Nicole is sobbing as she hears EJ singing a lullaby to his son. Her phone rings, it is Brady, wanting to see how she is. She says it is not a good time, hangs up as EJ comes in, wanting to know who she is talking to. She says it is not important, and now he tells her he knows what she did. Nicole is puzzled, EJ says he called her a few times at the lodge with no answer, finally calling the lodge, learning she had left, and was not alone. Nicole has honestly been trying to tell him what happened, but now realizes EJ may get upset if she mentions Brady. So now she tells him that after he called her to say he couldn’t come, she began packing, went out to her car, and got a pain. He asks if it was like a cramp….yep, but nothing like she ever felt before. So she asked some guy in the parking lot to take her to the hospital, he did, actually a clinic. She is still trying to tell him she lost the baby…and continues that she saw a Dr. Baker who treated her. EJ is becoming more concerned, asking about the baby, if it is all right, that all that is important is that she and the baby are all right. Nicole hedges, saying he treated her for a small hermmorhage. EJ goes to touch her, but Nicole pulls back, telling him not to do so. (Nicole looks so fragile here…) She says she can’t be touched or moved, is supposed to be quiet, rest for several hours, not to have any stress at all. Given her history and what happened at the lodge, the doctor thinks she should be quiet and rest for the next few hours. EJ only wants to know the baby is all right. He leaves her alone, she is heartsick, in tears, saying to herself in a broken voice that some day, somehow, this will come true. She will give EJ and herself a baby. Downstairs EJ is on the phone, calling Dr. Baker, telling him he wants to know about a patient he saw earlier today, Nicole Walker. That he is EJ DiMera, the father, and wants to know everything that happened.

Barb

Thanks for the write up. I think Nicole was going to tell EJ want happened. He asked her if she was ok and she said no. When he asked if it was the baby she responded yes. I think she had told him enough that he should have realized that she lost the baby. She did not even want Johnny in the room. It was when he came back saying he knew what she did ect that Nicole seem to change her mind. The whole scene was amazing.

Thanks for the recap Barb.

I really thought that all the reports were going to be wrong and Nicole was going to tell the truth for once. Boy was I fooled. (lol)

Why can't Victor see that Brady's drug was not Chloe's fault? He's a big boy if he wasn't happy going to Austria with her, he should've come home not turn to drugs.

It looks like we are stuck with Mel a little longer. :mad:I hope Victor puts and end to her at Titan right quick. He isn't going to like her around Philip.

Ya know, it happens again. Lucas tells Chloe he loves her, she is ranting about something else, then he makes her repeat it. But not once does she respond the same. There is no "I love you, too", "I care so much about you, too". Just nothing from her, Nada! Nil. Zero.

It really makes you wonder about Chloe. I think Lucas is Mr. Right Now instead of Mr Right. I think it's the same concerning Philip. Does she likes being the village bicycle or is this rebound from Brady or does she just want to bag a doctor? There is a saying about loose women and porcupines and it's about to fit her.

Chloe hasn't been around as much as some of the other women of Salem, Sami, for instance, but I don't think she loves Lucas or will marry him.

If she does marry Lucas it will be because of the house and the diamond. She talked Philip into moving all her bags into the Kiriakas Mansion when she came back because she was out of money (Victor had a fit) and then they became friends with benefits. I think she is a gold digger of sorts just more reserved in her approach.

I really don't think Chloe is with Lucas because of Kate's money; she said she got a good settlement when Brady divorced her and, besides, people in Salem don't need money. :rotfl:

I believe Chloe is comfortable with Lucas. She's not running all over the world worrying about a career and a husband who is hooked on drugs. Maybe she wants the quiet life for awhile but I don't think she's plotting about how to get rich. She had no money when she came back to Salem but instead of asking her parents for help, she came to Philip and I don't see that as unusual. I just hope she wakes up before she ruins Lucas' life. Poor, dumb cluck can't see that she's not really "into" him but I guess after Sami, anyone would be an improvement.

Didn't I just read somewhere that she wanted her Christmas present early and it was the house not the diamond to which she was referring? I'm thinking that takes some nerve.

It was on Mondays show. I remember typing it up. They were talking about christmas. Lucas was teasing her about her gift and she wanted it now. She did have a puzzled look on her face when he handed her a key. Then he gave her the ring.

I really don't think Chloe is with Lucas because of Kate's money; she said she got a good settlement when Brady divorced her and, besides, people in Salem don't need money. :rotfl:

I believe Chloe is comfortable with Lucas. She's not running all over the world worrying about a career and a husband who is hooked on drugs. Maybe she wants the quiet life for awhile but I don't think she's plotting about how to get rich. She had no money when she came back to Salem but instead of asking her parents for help, she came to Philip and I don't see that as unusual. I just hope she wakes up before she ruins Lucas' life. Poor, dumb cluck can't see that she's not really "into" him but I guess after Sami, anyone would be an improvement.

Yeah, what she said!!

Back