Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 28, 2017

Unfortunately, you are hoping for forensic exams conducted by qualified SPD-affiliated scientists. :)
Salem P.D. competence is strictly plot driven. Since Chelsea and her sorority friends couldn't go to jail for drugging Ford Decker and helping cause his death, the Salem P.D. "expert, " who entered the basement literally minutes after Max exhumed the long-dead Ford and stuffed him in the shell of a water heater didn't notice, or even more remarkably, smell a thing. Since Abe simply can't be guilty, the Keystone Kops are likely to nail Raines sooner rather than later. As for Hattie and Bonnie, if the writers want to keep them around for a while, the bumbling Salem P.D. won't be able to connect the dots.

I'll add to this that I think he could have had romantic chemistry with either Jennifer or Hope as well. Very unfortunate. We talk about needing new blood a lot and when we finally get some decent new blood, they are thrown under the bus.
Hear, hear. Just my opinion- but since the company line is that Rafe & Hope are the real deal, I think this was forced to give them a better standing. Their only enemy in the department (who wants them to, gasp, act like professionals) is now a big-time criminal (because theft of money is way worse than murdering an old man who was a jerk).

Let me also add that these TBD scenes seemed completely misplaced versus the rest of the show. The rest of the show moves nicely, like chess pieces that are carefully arranged. And characters are placed carefully to discuss plot advancements. The Lani/Eli/JJ/Abe/Raines stuff is totally isolated, totally separate, and makes no sense. The pacing is off (as I mentioned in my earlier post) versus the rest of the show (see Today's summary). Just my read, and I don't even dislike Rafe & Hope anymore.

Back