Days of Our Lives - Mon., Dec. 3, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, December 3, 2018

First 15 min. of show pre-empted. Hope is talking with Rafe at cop shop, something about a locket that Abby loves, or something. Rafe will take it, no, she wants to herself. She will be seeing Jen, he offers to drive, she says no, has other things, she is avoid obviously, and Rafe says nothing, but seems aware. They argue a bit about Ciara & Ben Weston, he knows she thinks he did not do more when he saw them kissing. She makes no bones about wanting to make sure Ben Weston goes behind bars.

Meanwhile, Ted has called Ben, is promising that client/atty confidentiality, asking repeatedly if he set the fire. Ben is cagey, saying nothing, but finally saying how do they know the phone is not being tapped, he wants to see Ted in person to talk. Ted hangs up, frustrated. Hope calls him, he lets her know he got no where, Ben wants to talk in person, but he knows Stefan will have him killed if he comes out of hiding. He wants Hope to guarantee his safety, get Ben to the island maybe, or it is no go. She says she will manage, and as Rafe walks in behind her, is saying she cannot believe she is lying to her husband.

Sonny is yelling at Chad, evidently Chad has admitted knowing what Kate was up to with the suit against Sonny, and stealing info from titan, tho he did not find out til after he was hired. He is sorry, Sonny is angry, Chad talks of his hatred for Stefan having blinded him, it was all he could think of. Sonny asks how Chad felt being accused of being necktie killer, well that is how he has felt all this while now. Chad could have restored his name, his reputation, his relationship with his uncle Vic, and didn't. Chad tries to say how sorry he is, but Sonny doesn't care. He & Will finally together, but Leo is back in their lives. Chad offers to help.....no, don't trust you. Chad leaves.

Will wants to know what did Kate mean it is time for truth to come out. Gabi tries to leave, Will won't let her, Kate makes up something about them talking about Abby, Gabi jumps in, Abby is in Bayview, attacked me when I went to see her, etc. etc. She takes off. Will now makes Kate tell why she sided up with Ted & Leo against Sonny. Oh, she is sorry, was in a bad place, lost her husband, her DiMera job, blah, blah. Will tells her she has to come clean, right thing to do. He goes back to the Kmansion, Sonny tells about Chad, Will tells about Gramma Kate, tried to convince her to do right thing, but did not think he got thru. Yes, you did, says Kate, who comes in behind him.

Gabi sneaks into Kayla's darkened office, door unlocked, computer on. She sits down, comments Kayla's asst. should be fired for leaving the password so handy, gets the DNA results printed out, and leaves. Out by the nurse's station she runs into Kayla, who wants to talk about that prescription she gave her, but Gabi in hurry, will talk later. Kayla goes in her office, spots a crumpled up paper on the floor, opens it....tis her computer password. She is puzzled.

At Bayview, Stefan arrives, and Abby goes all out to convince StefanZero she is Gabby, loves him, wants him to get her out of there, if she stays too long, maybe Abigail will return, gain control, and Gabby could be gone forever. She really comes on to him, kissing him passionately, etc. He claims he cannot get her out, she insists he can, that he can make up some story, they had a fight, or something. Stefan decides finally to leave, goes to see Charlotte, asking her what he should do? Abby has pulled her gown back up off her shoulder, paces the room, saying she will do anything to get her children back... don't worry, Charlotte, mommy is coming for you.

Earlier, Kayla was at the Pub, talking to Ciara, about Ben, doing the caution thing. Ciara has heard all the speeches, Kayla only says she just broke up with Tripp, not get into another relationship too soon. Ciara says she is not dating Ben, tho they are going to have dinner.

Now, Ben walks in, sees Ciara in the waitress outfit, what is going on. Ciara says she got a job, Ben tells of getting one, too, also a place to live. Smiles from both. He asks about that dinner.

Gabi is in the park, sits on Benchie, pulls out the DNA result sheet. She reads it, says aloud...Well, Mr. Chad DiMera, you ARE the father of baby Charlotte. And Chad has come up, says Gabi? She looks up, startled.

Some people may think this episode was great. I did not enjoy it much. I’m so tired of women having to throw themselves at their abusers.The cast is too diverse and Days is too creative to keep coming back to this. I hope it is only a back rub and a few smooches because if they write Gabby (Abby) sleeping with Stefan again under any circumstances, I’m done for a while.

Why have Will and Lucas always made Sami jump through hoops for forgiveness, if they always forgive Kate for anything in 10 minutes? I’m so tired of her and her crocodile tears.

I feel like this Ben and Ted thing won’t end well, and who says “I can’t believe I’m lying to my husband” out loud in a open room? lolol. Please wrap up this fire storyline ASAP.

I did enjoy the Ciara and Kayla scenes. They actually had a real healthy conversation. She is a concerned aunt and she should be. Ben has murdered people. Hope and Rafe should try having a conversation with Ciara the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, there is entirely too much of that going on in Salem. Kate overhears what Will just said, Will overheard what Kate said to Gabi, Rafe overheard Hope talking to Ted....doors open, back to the door.
Just why would the inappropriately dressed Gabi crumple up the paper with the password on it, which was sitting next to the computer, which was on, despite being in a dark room. (not even in screen saver mode)
O.K. the computer is never shut off, so it will always be at the ready, able to receive any info. And I suppose the constant overhearing/eavesdropping is a standard soap thing....

Now I am confused. Didn't Gabi already HAVE the results of the test? And she already knew Chad was the father because didn't she somehow switch them so it would appear that StefaNO is the dad?

Yes, but she burned the originals, so Kate said...then go into Kayla's computer, she has to have them there, and print it out. Without proof, Gabi would be unable to pull the rug out from under Stefan in re: being father of Charlotte.

Thanks, Poirot.

The day could be called a Day of Truth and More Lies.

I wish Ted had a different phone. it looks like a gun to me.

I'm glad Stefan was trying to figure out if Abby was lying about
being Gabby

Will Kayla wonder why her password on the floor? Can she go
in her computer and find out if it was used?

@katmouse
Kayla should be able to see all Gabi accessed. It should be stored in the search history unless
medical facilities are different. But wait, this is Salem, there is no protocol
on HIPAA or patient privacy. If it were any place else the hospital IT department
would certainly be able to pull up the information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dumb Lawyer Disease: Ted started out as a smart attorney, but it seems he's succumbed to the same incompetence exhibited by Justin, Carrie, Belle, EJ, and D.A. Woods. A false arrest action against Hope and the Salem P,.D. is anything but a slam dunk. To prevail, it would have to be shown that there was no probable cause to arrest Ben. This was not the case. Right after the fire, there was circumstantial evidence pointing at Ben, and until Little Trippy confessed, it wasn't known that the gas can was fake evidence. Ben should tell this shyster to take a hike.

Resume Building: So now Ciara is working at the Pub. This is a good career move. After a few weeks in Roman's saloon, Ciara will be qualified for a top CEO position or will be able to start her own instantly-successfully company.

Medical Sleuth: Gabi can't fool Kayla. In fact, Dr. Johnson is so good at spotting key evidence of wrong-doing that she ought to pitch in and help John at Black Patch. She could become a modern version of Dick van Dyke's doctor-detective in the old show Diagnosis Murder.

:cry::cry::cry:: Surprising tears were being shed in Salem today. Inside the padded cell, Stefan Zero was actually shedding a few tears, which is further proof that he's not a true DiMera. DiMera men just don't cry, or to put it another way, there's no crying at the DiMansion. And in the Town Square, Kate actually wept over her duplicity towards Will and Sonny. Sami would have loved to see this: the woman she loves to hate, shedding tears as she confessed to one of her nefarious schemes. The pigs will be flying around the church spires of Salem tonight.

I figured Abigail was just lying to Stefan that she was Gabby but I thought it was weird at the end that she said Abigail will do anything to get her kids back. Shouldn't she have said I will do anything to get my kids back? Just struck me weird.

Gabi finally put a coat on! Though it was open but still! I gotta agree of course Chad did not hear what she said. Someone in another room will hear something but no not someone 3 feet away!!!

Please please let Rafe and Hope and fight. This couple will never grow on me.

Kate. Did Will get through to her enough that she will confess all she has done with Gabi too? Hate that she gets away with everything!! She killed Vivian in cold blood and nothing has happened with that!!

Ah, thank you, Poirot. I wasn't sure why she needed to see the results and from reading the summary, it sounded like Gabi was surprised or didn't know. But, thanks for the explanation. Now my other question (all due to poor writing) is would Abigail know how to act like Gabby? Does she remember those things? If so, then it seems like she could be liable for what Gabby did if she knows how she behaved to the point of using that persona.

Inasmuch as the other personalities were "integrated" into her, she has to know something. She knows what Gabby looks like, what she did, how enamored Stefan was of her, how much Stefan wanted Gabby to be the strong one, keep Abby & Laura down constantly. Abby doesn't remember, but knows what the alters did, as she was told.

I also thought it was odd how Abby was talking at the end. I wasn't sure if it was Abby or Dr Laura.

And naturally, Chad will not have heard what she said and this will continue to drag on.
Gross.

Rapist/Abby=Gross

Ted/Ben/Hope=Why, just why.

Kate/Will/Sonny=Also why.

I forgot that Chad knew the day he took over about Sonny's lawsuit being run by Kate. Chad vs the world; no winner for me.

Back