Days of our Lives - Monday, February 19, 2024

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
40 minutes of the earlyish evening of Valentine’s Day; lots of jumping around.

Paulina’s hospital room: they got all of the cancer, it doesn’t look like it spread. Paulina has a strange bandage on her neck. She may have some trouble speaking and soreness at the surgery site. They will keep her for a couple of days!!! (side note: I was sent home same day for a total hip replacement)

Konstantin has prepared dinner for the group, some Greek lasagna. Maggie talks of how upbeat Doug and Julie were, they even sang a duet. Konny even made Charlotte and Thomas happy. Konstantin hands Maggie an envelope.

Replay of Jada meeting the Beard, aka Bobby. Jada says Everett is Bobby Stein. Everett claims to have never met her before. Jada insists and Everett/Bobby sits there confused.

Paulina's room: Kayla gives congrats to Chanel and Johnny.

More silliness with Maggie and Konstantin and the card. Konstantin does not believe greeting card companies invented the holiday.

Rafe pulls Jada aside explains his knowledge of Everett. Jada goes to her phone and finds a picture of herself and Nick, ooops, her and Bobby. Jada is sure and wants to run Everett's prints. This is making Jada look unhinged.

The hospital gives Paulina a white board so she can communicate. She is hungry, but she can’t eat anything so she can have ice chips. Tomorrow she can have liquids. Lots of offers to get and do things for her, but Paulina writes, I have every thing I need here.

For Konstantin fans, another scene. He explains the story of how Greeks celebrate Valentine’s Day, which is different from how Maggie celebrates. Maggie replies with how Victor thought that she and he were Eros and Psyche. Psyche, a woman of unsurpassed beauty, and Eros a beast. More Konstantin yada yada. Maggie asks Konstantin if he has any children of his own?

Everett asks Rafe if it’s possible that Jada is losing it? Jada accuses Everett/Bobby of gaslighting her. Everett tries to clear himself. Stephanie remembers that Everett told her he had retrograde amnesia after the accident. She tosses that into the party.

A cake arrives to Paulina's room, via a nurse. They ask the nurse to bring Kayla back. Cutting the cake fun starts. But they don’t bother taking the cake out of the box, they struggle to cut it inside the box. The nurse tells Kayla that there is a piece of cake for her in the Price room. Kayla loves cake. As the nurse walks off, she tells Kayla that Tripp hasn’t arrived for his shift yet. Kayla thinks that’s odd; she will reach out to him.

Konstantin rambles about children and whether or not he has some, before admitting he had a daughter named Katerina, who was everything to him, but she is gone. A tragic accident. Maggie knows what it’s like to lose a child. Konstantin talks of her memories bringing him serenity.

Everett tells of his accident. Stephanie thought he ghosted her. Jada doesn’t believe Everett’s story. Rafe is going to look into it. Stephanie has a pout through these entire scenes. Everett is incredibly rude to Jada.

Kayla leaves a message for Tripp.

Johnny has a guitar and will play as the band for the room. He starts to play and sing to the crowd, of Abe, Paulina and Chanel.

Maggie asks about Katerina’s mother. It’s a sad tale, per Konny.

Rafe stops the dinner between the 4 of them. Jada tries to tell/warn Stephanie about Everett/Bobby. Jada and Rafe leave. Stephanie is confused as how to process Jada’s warnings. Everett/Bobby is now gaslighting Stephanie. She asks Everett if he is really NOT Bobby Stein?

Maggie and Konstantin talk of losing children and spouses. Konstantin wants to kiss Maggie. She agrees, a quick peck and he leaves.

Johnny continues singing and finishes his song. The room is appreciative. Paulina has an attack and passes out? Not sure what she does.

Jada and Rafe take their argument about Everett outside. Jada is upset that Bobby is lying and everyone is thinking that she’s the crazy one.

Everett and Stephanie have a similar conversation but Everett is proving himself to Stephanie. He admits to gaps to his memories, Everett doesn’t think he’s forgotten entire relationships. Stephanie flashes back to finding the engagement ring, and then flashes back to Jada telling her about how Bobby charged a ring on their card, just before the accident. Stephanie is the other woman in this story.

Maggie is in the living room thinking about the kiss and looking at the picture of her Victor.

Konstantin is drinking in his room, looking at a picture of his Katerina.

Jada and Rafe try to figure out how to prove Jada is correct. As soon as Jada saw Everett, she lost it all, as the old Bobby wounds opened up. Rafe tells Jada it’s Valentine’s Day so let’s go to my house hang out and have fun. Then tomorrow they can find out what’s going on with Bobby.

Everett tries to explain that the Bobby story is legit insane. More circle talk and now Stephanie thinks she’s going crazy. She is not going back to Everett’s room and goes home.

Kayla calls Tripp and leaves another message.

The nurse comes to the nurses' station yells at Kayla "Code MI" and Kayla runs off.

In Paulina’s room, Kayla orders aspirin and wants a cardiologist to come now.

Thanks for the summary. Lots going on today, indeed; sounds like the jumping around would be a lot to deal with. I'm glad some of these storylines are moving forward, though. Really happy that Chanel and Johnny got married again, and that Paulina will be OK from the cancer. I'm also pleasantly surprised that Stephanie is putting the pieces together instead of lambasting her friend.

Konstantin is blah. Is this really the best the writers could have come up with for Maggie after Victor's death? I'd rather see her baking lemon bars, gossiping, and bringing people recipes instead of this moronic crap.

Nice job, Robin, thank you.

Just Samantha - Thank you for the explanation of that code, I was going to look it up.

Sweet song by Johnny.

I haven't had a cake like that in years, with the thick buttercream frosting. I remember always wanting a piece with the flower. It was so sugary, don't even know if I would still like it today. Too bad the festivities were interrupted by Paulina's cardiac event. I do hope she will pull through.

Award of the day goes to Elia Cantu (Jada) who really brought it today. I remember thinking a while ago that it is possible Stephanie is the one Everett/Bobby cheated on Jada with. While I am more suspicious now than before, Everett did look completely shocked by the allegation, so it is possible that he is telling his own truth, even if the facts might later belie this. Not on his side, just seeing it from all angles. This storyline has various possibilities. If he agrees to get fingerprinted, that should seal the deal. But will that ever happen? How about comparing the ring he was going to give Stephanie to the ring in the picture of Jada and Bobby?

When Kayla can't get through to Wendy, she will have to realize that something is wrong. Ava needs to be told immediately, and then she will know it is of Clyde's doing. Then what?

I hate that Maggie is softening on Konstantin. Yes, he did have a daughter who was killed, but that is not all of the story. He seems so darn sincere to Maggie, and I'm screaming at her, don't let him fool you, kick him out!

Would've been a far better storyline if Maggie was actually highly suspicious of Konstantin and just pretending to go along with his baloney. Maybe secretly working with Patch and John. But instead we're getting a stupid storyline of her being swindled by a cheap con artist.

I hate that Maggie is still being stupid when it comes to Konstantin.

Ya know, one question could clear up this "is he Bobby or not Bobby?" situation. When was Jada married? She really went off the deep end. I hope he isn't Bobby but Stephanie sure turned quick. How long did she date Everett in Seattle? So many questions.

@Wilde Woman, we are kindred souls who would fight over the biggest frosting rose! Even though I am on a keto eating plan now, I still have a can of the good keto frosting at all times for when I want a spoonful! The other thing I love, which no one else ever wants, are those orange marshmallow circus peanuts. Still with me?

Speaking of that cake, do they know who sent it or could it be some evil happening?

LisaK and Dawn: I USED to love those orange circus peanuts, too. And how about Fluffer Nutter with peanut butter? Those days are long over, but back then, oh how scrumptious! Oh, yes, add Marshmallow Peeps to the mix. Again, no more!

As for the wedding cake, I think Chanel said that her employees baked it, so it was okay to eat!

Thanks, robin.

Oh no, Maggie let Konstantin kiss her. I think she felt guilty when she looked at Victor's picture.

We found out today Katerina is Konstantin's daughter, the one John killed.

Bobby or not Bobby, that is the question. If he is, he lied to Stephanie who he was. Will she date
someone else in Salem if Everett is Bobby? Not many choices left for her.

Was Paulina having a heart attack or a severe panic attack?

I like orange circus peanuts too. I didn't realize how sugary they are until I was older. Frosting out of
a can is yummy.

What would be remarkable about Everett and “Bobby” being doubles? After all he already looks just like the late Nick Fallon. In fact, a good question would be how many more “Nicks” are out there. (E.g., Spectator headline: “More Nicks Discovered in Chicago, Springfield, and West Salem.”)

Apparently, being married to the astute, skeptical Victor did nothing to improve Maggie’s b/s antenna. It’s no fun watching her be taken in by creepy Konstantin’s verbal garbage. As for his daughter, she probably faked her own death and left town to get away from the old pervert.

You have to hand it to Paulina. She can’t talk, but she still manages to be the center of attention. What’s next on her medical chart, yellow fever and St. Vitus Dance?

I'm also pleasantly surprised that Stephanie is putting the pieces together instead of lambasting her friend.
Me, too. Score another point for the scabs.

The scene of Everett/Bobby leaving the Pub (a few weeks ago) upon seeing Jada/Rafe/Stephanie could be interpreted as ambiguity; good use of the ring-card flashback, which I had forgotten.

Back