Days of our Lives - Monday, January 22, 2024

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
42 minutes of circle conversations.

John is sitting on his couch slurping coffee and mutters "come on, what’s it all mean?" Marlena walks in and touches his foot. He jumps up in a defensive position. John’s hair is something to behold. Hair and makeup did a wonderful job on John’s hair, it is a sight to behold.

Replay of Steve and Konstantin’s argument as Maggie walks up and demands to know what’s the matter? Steve tells her that Konstantin is not what he seems.

Clyde good-ol'-boys Harris, asking how is private life? Or does he have one because his work life is all consuming? Harris talks of his life is all-consuming because of Clyde’s drug ring. Harris calls Clyde an SOB.

Theresa and Brady sitting on the couch talking, before Alex walks in like we saw on Friday. They kiss and Alex walks in and boy do his panties get in a twist quickly.

Maggie defends Konstantin. She is offended that Steve says Konstantin is a mean mean mean man.

John apologizes for frightening Marlena. John tossed and turned part of the night so he moved to the couch.

Clyde continues the good-ol'-boy routine. He is now a model citizen; he is trying to set a good example in prison. Clyde offers feedback to Harris. He wants to grow his business and he wants Harris to be his outside man. At least I think that’s what the folksy back woodsman was saying.

Theresa jumps up off the couch and tries to explain the kiss to Alex as being part of the drugs and not anything Brady did. The kiss meant nothing; Alex isn’t buying it. Theresa wants to be with Alex, and only Alex.

Maggie compares Konstantin to Victor. Steve became a better man because of Kayla, Victor became a better man because of you. Maggie doesn’t buy Steve’s rantings. Maggie tells Steve that whatever happens between herself and Konstantin is frankly none of his (Steve’s) business. Steve tells Maggie he understands, but he’s not going to let this go.

John claims he can’t sleep because of Tate and Brady. Marlena isn’t buying it. She is heading off to work. But she doesn’t believe John’s story. As Marlena leaves for the office, she stops at the door and tells John that he might want to introduce his hair to a comb. She leaves as John stares off into space and makes a fist

Harris and Clyde: Harris tells Clyde he’d have to offer quite the package to make him want to changes sides. Clyde tells Harris that in the vetting process he feels Harris wouldn’t make the cut.

Theresa pleads with Alex to not blame Brady; she tells of being a drug addict. Theresa is going to get a sponsor, she will start going to meetings, she won’t let anyone down again.

Konstantin and Maggie sit outside in the cold and talk. Maggie tells him that she feels everyone is treating her like a china doll and isn’t going to stop. Maggie hates that he is being constantly harassed. Perhaps Konstantin going to another place would be better.

Marlena is walking to work; she runs into Eric walking Jude. Eric apologizes for Sloan last night. Marlena, who rushed out of the apartment, now doesn’t have a patient for an hour so they are going to have coffee.

Harris asks for a job, Clyde says nope, I’ve enjoyed the past hour, playing with you. Harris threatens Clyde. That goes over well.

Theresa continues whining about her addiction. Alex claims to understand. Brady tells Theresa that next time she feels things slipping she needs to reach out to him or Alex or Maggie. Brady leaves to go home and get some sleep. Theresa and Alex chat and she gives Alex an out.

Steve drops in on John. He wants to know what happened? John is having nightmares about something in the past. He may have a cup of coffee, but still hasn’t found the comb. Steve tells John about his chat with Konstantin.

Maggie and Konstantin blah blah. Maggie wants him to leave because people treat him badly, Konstantin has come to enjoy the town. Brady walks by on the phone. Maggie tells Konstantin that she has to go talk with Brady, but she will see Konstantin later. I guess I slept through the part where he moved back into the mansion.

Eric and Marlena talk about how hungover Sloan is this morning. Marlena asks about Sloan’s drinking habits?

John and Steve talk of Maggie having blinders on about Konstantin. Steve calls Konstantin a lying buffoon. They speak of Victor being good and evil, but he loved his family first and foremost.

Alex doesn’t want out of the relationship. I know you’ve all been holding your breath on this one. Alex just wants Theresa to be okay. Theresa apologizes again for the kiss. Alex tries to be grown up about this.

Clyde and Harris continue to talk in circles. Clyde has a message for Harris.

Maggie and Brady talk over coffee about Theresa’s slip. Brady wants to move her into John and Marlena’s so he can keep an eye on her. Maggie shuts that down quickly.

Eric’s photography business is taking off, he’s upgraded his webpage, social media, old school flyers and his Valentine's/Galentine’s events are taking off. Eric is happy to be making money.

John wants to back off Konstantin badgering Maggie because she will shut them down. John wants to move to the long game like Konstantin is doing with them. Steve is struggling to buy this idea. They part and Steve is worried about John’s lack of sleep.

Alex wants Theresa to be honest with him. He wants to know if she still has feelings for Brady? Theresa has no romantic feelings for Brady, it’s just that they just share a son. But she can see that he doesn’t believe her.

Clyde tells Harris to focus his time elsewhere. Harris is the lone wolf, he is ex-military, no family. Clyde knows of Harris’ relationship, because Clyde knows everything. Harris makes meaningless threats to Clyde. We’ve lost Belle and Shawn but get this dynamic duo.

Maggie wants to take over Theresa’s care, because the added stress on Brady won’t be good.

Theresa tries to convince herself and Alex that she and Brady are over. Theresa asks Alex to trust her. She thinks moving back to California is a better idea.

Konstantin is in his room with a picture. He says he never thought he’d see you again, Pawn.

John's at the townhouse with a cup of coffee rubbing his hands together.

Steve's at the pub muttering.

Konstantin ends the show saying "all in good time."

his Valentine's/Galentine’s events are taking off.
I had no idea what Galentine's Day is, so I googled it. It's a new(ish) thing, usually celebrated on February 13th, by women celebrating their friendships. I guess Hallmark jumped on it and now sells Galentine's Day cards.

Kind of funny is that Galen Gering's (Rafe) birthday is February 13th (a friend of mine LOVES him and posts tons of pictures on her Facebook page on his birthday. I feel like he's a member of her family :rolleyes:). When I saw Galentine's Day is February 13th, I thought maybe my friend had somehow gotten him his own little holiday. :rotfl:Wonder if his friends and family tease him about it?

Ahhh, Robin, your very first line in your summary said it all. Yep, circle conversations, boy, they sure jumped around a lot, didn't they (the scenes, I mean). Was this a set up for the rest of week's storylines?

Boy, all the veiled threats we heard. I liked that Harris did not back down one iota. I did not like Alex taking his sweet time, before assuring Theresa. Yeah, I know, soap opera pauses, which are supposed to create angst, and impatience. LOL

And I truly loved, for the very first time I can remember, a person waking up with mussed up hair!!! About time!!!! Usually not a hair out of place, especially the females! Good for John! LOL

Am glad Steve has Konstantin's number, and is going to be keeping his eye on him. Too bad Maggie doesn't trust Steve's judgment.

Thank you Robin, good job!

Thank you, robinsnest.

Maggie lost every single iota of the Salem Brain that she ever possessed. (Maybe it all seeped out of her ears when Konstantin's smarmy words went in.) Steve has possession of everyone else's share of it for now.

The entire drug story is boring. Never figured the best parts of it would turn out to be Holly and Tate.

Nice job, Robin!

I thought the same thing about John's hair! And even Theresa's hair (well, we know Emily O'Brien/former Gwen is wearing a wig) was mussed up a bit.

Looks like Konstantin is settling in for his "long game." Not good news.

I can't stand it that Maggie thinks everyone is wrong about Konstantin.

Theresa never should have moved in with Alex to start with. Now, his money isn't even on her mind. Maybe she will slip and tell the truth.

Will someone PLEASE kill Clyde already? He is so darn smug, thinks he is untouchable. I want him gone for good.

Thanks, robin.

Poor John, he really had some bad bed head plus he hadn't shaved.

The conversation with Clyde and Harris was a big waste of time. They should have talked about how much hair
gel they used instead of what they talked about.

Alex is turning out to be a big waste of time. He really has no purpose in this storyline.

Another day with Konstantin doing blah, blah, blah with Maggie.

Nice to see Marlena with Eric.

Will Steve behave himself and leave Konstantin alone? And is Steve only remembering who he is?

And John at then end was odd. What was he drinking? Was he trying to remember something?

Salem’s biggest problem isn’t drugs, it’s overconfident criminals. Creepy Konstantin knows that John and Steve are on to him, but he keeps on working his scam. He even thinks that the old-time “Pawn” nonsense still as any meaning. The sooner this slimy loser is taken down the better. It’s too bad that pistol-packing Hope isn’t around to put another notch on her gun.

Smirking Clyde also doesn’t know his place. He even feels free to threaten local super cop Action Hero Harris. Somebody might want to remind him about what happened to major mobster Martino Vitali when he crossed Salem’s then-finest officer, Bo Brady.

Finally, lover boy Alex has lost his sense of self. Hot young women are supposed to get jealous over his handsome bod He’s not supposed to get jealous over Brady’s attentions to the likes of Gwennie T.

Last edited:
Thanks for the summary. What an embarrassment this show has become. I thought Friday’s pitiful excuse for a cliffhanger was bad, but I would rather watch that episode compared to this one! Full of stories that nobody cares about, with little to no breaks for movement in plots that (while not well-written) actually matter.

Alex is turning out to be a big waste of time. He really has no purpose in this storyline.
When Jen Lilley (ex-Theresa) came back and the three of them (Alex, Brady, Theresa) went to Greece it was predictable that we were going to see a Brady/Theresa/Alex triangle. And now a few months later with Theresa's "slip" and Brady being part of it, it looks like the beginning of the triangle story is taking shape.

I think we can deduce that Brady and Theresa will become an item again. It's too bad Jen Lilley isn't involved with the character although Emily O'Brien (current Theresa) is doing OK, it's just not the same. Eric Martsolf (Brady) and Jen Lilley had a connection that I'm not sure Eric and Emily can match. I think Eric Martsolf and Emily O'Brien are okay as scene partners, but I have a feeling that Eric and Jen were really good friends off-camera thus making their chemistry greater the way it showed in their scenes.
Watch for a Theresa/Brady/Kristen triangle to take place later in 2024. I can't wait. :sarcasm:

I think if they were done with the Gwen character and needed to find something for Emily O'Brien (Gwen) to do it would have been better as a new character to put Brady with. Jen Lilley IS Theresa and though I'm usually pro-recasting to keep a character around, but it was weird here since Theresa hasn't been around. Plus they rewrote her as now having a rough relationship with Brady. I really like Jen Lilley being able to show up for Victor's funeral but that should have been it. I nice show and real life honor for John Aniston (Victor)

And now because of all of this we get the ridiculous Holly and Tate stuff.

Back