Days of Our Lives - Monday, Oct., 2, 2023

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
36 minutes long.

Marlena is on the phone with Kate. Kate is telling her Vivian is out of the house. Talia steps into Marlena's office. Marlena tells Kate she has to go. Talia tells Marlena she wants a new therapist.

Shawn is talking on the phone with Belle. He tells her he has extra paperwork since Rafe and Jada are gone. He says it's nothing he can't handle. Belle says she didn't want him to think she was checking up on him. Shawn says he's more focused than he used to be. He wants to get his life back on track (Jada walks in behind him) and be the husband you want me to be. Jada looks at him.

Leo comes out of bathroom after cleaning his face from the pie. Leo tells her he wouldn't sleep with her husband. Gwen can't believe it. Gwen tells him he saw the both of him in Iceland. She didn't believe him when he came to honeymoon and Madonna. She doubled back and saw them together. She tells Leo don't lie to her. Leo says he won't. He's been sleeping with Dimitri. She hits him.

Replay of Dimitri holding a gun on Gabi and Stefan. He says they will make beautiful corpses. (where is the DiMera staff?). Stefan turns to protect Gabi. A gun goes off. Neither one shot. Vivian has shot Dimitri. She says it's better to act first and ask questions later. Vivian hugs Stefan and says she's always had perfect timing.

Shawn hangs up the phone and sees Jada. She tells him Rafe thought it would be best if one of them came back to Salem and keep an eye on things. She tells Shawn they need to clear the air about her sister. They go into the interrogation room and close the door (smart move). Jada says she talked to Eric about Shawn sleeping over. She didn't talk to Eric, but to her sister when she went upstairs. Jada knows part of the fault is Talia's. She promises she won't tell Belle. They get a call there's shooting at the DiMera mansion. They both go as partners.

Talia says she needs a new therapist. Marlena wonders if because she's working at hospital with her? Then Marlena reminds her she only has two sessions left. Talia decides it's best to finish with Marlena than to start over. Marlena asks how she's doing? Talia says work is ok. Then Marlena asks about Chanel. Talia says things didn't work out. She got drunk about the Brady Pub. She did something stupid, she slept with a married man.

Marlena doesn't want to judge. Talia says it was a chance meeting and sort of happened. The door opens and Bells comes in. Talia says she's leaving since there's a gunshot victim. Marlena asks Belle how things how going with Shawn? Belle says Shawn disappeared one evening and found out the next day he slept at the pub. Jada and Talia were both gone and he slept there. (Marlena's face). Marlena remembers what Talia told her in flashback. Belle says she went to AA meeting with him. She thinks he turned the corner (sort of and too late).

Gwen and Leo have a long and pointless discussion. Gwen knows about the codicil and she's upset that Leo betrayed her. She's upset that both of them may have laughed behind her back. She can't believe Leo threw their friendship away. Leo says he loves Dimitri and it's real love. Gwen says they won't see any of the money.

Gwen and Kristen made a plan after he dressed up and pretended to be her. Gwen went to the bank and took out all the money since she's Dimitri's wife. She shows Leo the check. She tells Leo that Kristen wanted to kill Dimitri, but Gwen talked her out of it. After Victor didn't leave a will, Kristen thought Gwen could get it all if Dimitri died. She tells Leo she's getting a divorce right away. Leo's phone rings. The nurse is calling that Dimitri got shot. Leo runs out.

Gabi, Stefan and Vivian are having a discussion about calling an ambulance for Dimitri. Vivian says he should die. Stefan and Gabi says not yet, he has to sign stock certificates. Dimitri is sitting up and they find the stock certificates in his briefcase. He signs them and they call for an ambulance. Now they have to decide what to tell the police. Vivian shouldn't have gun since she just got out of prison. She said it was for protection. They have to stick to story and not change it. Gabi wants to tell the truth. Vivian says no.

Jada and Shawn arrive after Dimitri has gone to hospital. They ask what happened? Vivian puts her hand over the gun on the desk. Stefan says he and Gabi were upstairs and heard a gunshot. As Jada and Shawn look at him, Vivian puts gun in her purse. Stefan says they found Dimitri bleeding and they called police. A gun was left. (isn't that the gun Dimitri took from Kristen?) Jada and Shawn carefully put the gun in a bag. Shawn asks Vivian if that's what happened? Stefan said she came after ambulance left. Stefan says they have no idea who might want to shoot Dimitri.

Leo talks to Talia about Dimitri. He's in surgery. Gwen comes up and says she has no idea why Dimitri was shot. Kristen said she wouldn't do it. Leo wants to know why she's there? She says he can't die before she tells him off first. Leo says he won't let her near him. Gwen realizes that they are in love with each other. Gwen's upset she lost her best friend. Leo wants to fix it, but Gwen says he can't. Their friendship is over. Talia comes up. She says Dimitri out of surgery and he can see him now. Leo leaves.

Leo is with Dimitri. He says he loves him more than you know. Now he's the only thing left in the world.

Gwen on phone leaving message for Kristen. She tells her Dimitri was shot and I hope you didn't pull the trigger.

Vivian thanks Stefan for covering for her. Gabi wants Vivian gone. Vivian says that's why she's here. Gabi says she got all of Victor's money, right? Vivian tells them Victor had a will and she has nothing except her son that will take care of his adoring mother, her.

Talia back at Marlena's office. Marlena wanted to finish their session. Talia said she told Marlena everything. Marlena says no. You didn't say you slept with my son in law. (oh my)

Jada and Shawn back in interrogation room with the door open. Jada gives Shawn her notes and will take gun to forensics. Shawn acts if they're good. Jada says as long as he keeps his act together. Shawn is worried what she will say. Jada promises she won't tell anyone you slept with my sister. Belle is at the door listening.

So what day is this? Jada and Rafe waited in a hotel room in London and Dynamic Duo never appeared. So she came home, leaving Rafe to room sit. Did they wait what, 5 minutes? Then Jada jumped on a plane and flew back to Salem? From NYC to London is a 7 hour flight so Jada used the portal, I'll guess. IS it the same day or the day after the Shawn/Talia sleepover?

Why would the DiMeras hire deaf or profoundly hard of hearing staff?? So they can talk and conspire without fear of being overheard? We know they never answer the door. And apparently they don't come running into a room after a gun is fired. They don't even call 911 or the equivalent number in Salem.

That was the quickest emergency surgery ever. Wonder what damage has been done to Dimitri? Will he have paralysis that will eventually allow him to recover, did he lose enough blood to cause amnesia? Will his Mommy Dearest seek revenge on Vivian for shooting her son?

Thanks kat for the write up.

Great job, Kat. Thank you!

Wow, the scene between Gwen and Leo at the hospital was as real as any scene on the show can get. I totally felt Gwen's hurt and betrayal, and no matter how bad Leo feels, he still went ahead and chose his own needs before hers. A real friend would have rejected Dimitri, told Gwen, and stopped it before it got started. I think this will be Gwen's exit story line, and then Leo and Dimitri will leave next with the few dollars and cents they will now have. They made their bed (in more ways than one) and now must live in it. With inferior bedding. How the mighty have fallen.

I do love to hate Vivian. She was SO Vivian today (isn't she always?) But she also has to leave Salem now.

Of course Belle would overhear Shawn and Jada. He wasn't even sure if he would tell her about his drunken mistake.

Something weird...when I watched early this a.m. the beginning was all jumbled with Leo, Gwen & a couple other characters, before Marlena was talking on phone to Kate, and even that came on in middle of the their conversation. I just ran it again, and all of that jumbled mess I saw this a.m. is no longer there......and I got the beginning of Marlena/Kate's phone call. I guess whatever happened got fixed pretty fast, for sure.

Back