Days of Our Lives - Thu., Mar. 19, 2020

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Penthouse: John and Brady are on the phone, contacting allies about the search for Marlena. Eric enters, having distributed flyers. He's sure that Marlena will resist Steve-aNO. John wants to keep searching, but Eric convinces him to eat. John goes to the kitchen, Brady apologizes for Kristen's attempt to manhandle Eric's baby. Eric sympathizes, lots of anvils about how he couldn't imagine Brady's loss, but he doesn't buy the idea, as Brady says, that Kristen has changed.

Kmansion: Xander tells Victor that Nicole knows. (Raynor tipped him off on her way out of town.) Xander recaps how this came to occur and then they spend a scene blaming each other and speculating on exactly how voracious Nicole will be about their secret. What secret, asks Maggie. Xander outs himself over Victor's objections, he proposed to Sarah. Maggie is happy, but laments she won't be there. Victor insists that his lawyers have assured him Maggie won't do any time behind bars. Maggie must do this penance. Maggie plans to congratulate Sarah, but Xander can't accompany her--urgent Titan business. Maggie leaves, tells Victor not to keep Xander too long. Victor tells Xander if he wants his happily ever after, Nicole must be dealt with.

DiMansion: Chad glares at Stefano's portrait. He hears his father's voice, Steve-aNO is behind him. The microchipped mobster laments that he hasn't won over Marlena yet. In his awful accent, which peters in and out as usual, the phony Phoenix explains how Marlena is not brainwashed, and questions Chad's loyalty to La Famiglia. He wants Chad to be obedient to him. He demands Chad organize a family reunion, sans EJ since he's still mad Sami stole half his fortune. (He only names Tony and Kristen aside from Chad.) And also kill Gabi and Kate.

Hospital Room: Nicole reviews her brain and worries aloud that Mickey might not be Eric's. This includes a flashback. Sarah enters, Nicole explains that Eric is with his father helping with the search. Nicole tries to scoot, Sarah wants to know why she would wonder about Mickey's paternity. Nicole tries to cover, they rehash, Sarah insists she and Rex were over, Eric the only one. Nicole is happy that Eric has a daughter, despite Sarah's suspicions about Nicole's motives. Sarah gets a call, Nicole will stay with Mickey. Nicole tells Mickey she wants what's best for her, swabs her cheek. Eric enters. Nicole covers, saying she loves cleaning baby ears. Eric loves Mickey, Nicole gets lots of pensive behind-the-back two shots.

Outside the Salem Inn (which is across from the Bistro), Kristen and Kate have an icy run-in where they needlessly trade barbs about protecting the phony Phoenix.

Penthouse: Kate has shown up, hoping to get news on Marlena. John is curt but resolute that she will be found. They talk about Chad & his father & the ring, which Chad refused upon Kate's offer (following André's death) but is now wearing. They know they can't get Kristen to flip, but think they might flip Chad (John even mentions Madeline). John's still angry about Kate's part in this. Kate hopes the return of Marlena+ time's passage will result in forgiveness.

Basic Black: Brady arrives, he and Kristen recap. Kristen won't dwell on her loss, but will always love & remember her daughter. A package has arrived, their prototype boxer-brief. This arouses Kristen, who wants Brady to try them on. She locks the door.

Hospital: Maggie congratulates Sarah in the hallway after they joke about whether Xander stole the diamond. Sarah can't believe how happy she is to be with Xander; he's changed. She leaves to check on a patient, Maggie goes in to Mickey, meanwhile at the elevator Nicole is plotting to get another sample when Xander exits.

Mickey's Room: Maggie apologizes for her harshness to Eric re: Daniel now that she's done the same thing. She's just glad she didn't kill her daughter and/or granddaughter.

Elevator: Xander grabs Nicole to keep her from fleeing, Sarah wonders what's up.

DiMansion: Kate arrives, looking for Chad. He enters, holding a knife behind his back.

Once again, people 10 feet away (Sarah and Maggie) hear exactly what was said but if someone is right behind someone they don't hear a thing. Do you think Sarah is going to let it go that Nicole said maybe Eric is not the daddy? Though it absolutely could be Rex.

Kristen has not changed and I cannot wait until something happens to bring back the nasty Kristen. To me, I would think putting on Nicole's face-mask to get Brady into bed would have been a deal breaker for him. I was thinking as she was drooling over Brady in those boxers that she could have said "Oh, I remember when I use to diaper that bottom!!"

Is Chad really going to stab Kate to death? I swear this storyline has to end.

maybe Eric is not the daddy? Though it absolutely could be Rex.
We're not supposed to remember she slept with both of them within 24 hours.
I was thinking as she [Kristen] was drooling over Brady in those boxers that she could have said "Oh, I remember when I use to diaper that bottom!!"
We're not supposed to remember that, either.

In the past, Stefano always had some goon do any "killing". Why is he insisting this time that his own son do this? What if Chad got caught? Sent to prison. This would be two murders. I just find it difficult to believe he would order Chad to do this, and in fact, make sure he was drugged to force him to commit murder. Boggles the mind.

True, he'd do anything to cover up a crime done by one of his kids. And as you said, he'd always have his goon squad do the actual dirty work.

Having Chad go after Gabi and Kate is depriving a few DiMera goons a nice payday.

My favorite lines of the day:

1) When Xander and Vic were talking about how veracious Nicole is when she gets an idea, Vic referred to her as,"that ex-wife of ours. . ."

2) When Sarah heard Nicole wondering if Eric was really Mickey's father and asked what was she saying, Nicole responded, "I was just talking out loud to myself, which is never a good idea."

John: He needs emotional support and good advice and all he has is the town fool and the local sourpuss. He'd do better going over to the Pub, scarfing down some Wanchai Ferry, and talking to Roman and Hattie.

Nicole: Has she thought her snooping through? What sane person would do anything that would place an innocent child in the hands of creepy Kristen?

Brady: He thinks that his perverse paramour has changed? He ought to guess again. He should have heard her say that she didn't care a whit about poor Marlena and all the gratuitous nastiness that she threw at Kate.

Steve-ano: It's too bad that he doesn't want Mummy EJ and Sami at the family reunion? Watching the Salem screecher interact with creepy Kristen would be worth the price of admission. And things could really get interesting if Sami learns what the faux Phoenix has done to her mother, Marlena. As long-time viewers know, Sami can get really violent when provoked. (Ask EJ and Bernardi).

Maggie: Sure, she feels badly about causing the death of Adrienne, but her desire to go to prison is really misguided. Does she think that life in the can is a sort of spartan assisted living? And somebody should remind her that if she goes to the slammer, by the time she gets out adorable Baby Mickey could have turned into the typical obnoxious Salem teen.

RoboChad: Hopefully, he won't try to kill Kate with that knife. Once the Salem P.D. is finished blundering about the crime scene, poor Harold will be stuck cleaning up the mess.

Last edited:
Thanks Jason.

Today's show could be called "People listening day". Maggie overhead
Victor and Xander. Sarah overheard Nicole talking to herself.

Nice to see Marlena's boys together.

Today I wondered if Chad was faking when he was with fake Father.

Interesting to hear that Sami is the reason why EJ isn't coming to the
reunion. I wonder why Stevano didn't say Samantha.

I laughed when Eric said "Mickey wakes up with a smile on her face
everyday." You would think they would know she can't be Eric's child.

Will Chad try to stab Kate? Will the paper she put in her dress protect her?

Last edited:
1) When Xander and Vic were talking about how veracious Nicole is when she gets an idea, Vic referred to her as,"that ex-wife of ours. . ."
Drat, I missed that. That's good! I caught the others, and I think today's scriptwriter was clever. Made a nice meatloaf out of low-grade recycled meat.
Wouldn't it be funny if Xander found out about the DNA test and switched the results so it doesn't show Kristen and Brady are her parents?
I would love anything that keeps the child from her awful biological (I still say presumed) parents.

Back