Days of Our Lives - Thu., Sept. 13, 2018

Loved the Belle, Shawn and Claire family scenes more of this please
Hear, hear!
Ali Sweeney(Sami) did some great work today. I actually felt sorry for Sami.
I did, too; but sadly, not as much as I probably should have, because they always write Sami as someone who won't shut up. The scene of her learning about Marlena's prognosis could have taken 1 scene, 3 lines of dialogue, and let the emotion carry the rest. (Maybe some self-reflection?) But nope - just the usual, back-to-form Sami gassing on every other line before Eric could tell her all the news. I guess unlike EJ, Sami hasn't "changed" at all given her past experiences.
So Marlena wouldn't use Belle? She went to another random lawyer and then never even mentions it to Belle? Whole thing is weird .
Aside from the usual Salem-vagueness of the document and its powers and the fact that there's absolutely no way Marlena is dying (not a spoiler, just common sense) this is my other main concern with this story.

To be fair, Belle was in Hong Kong, so that would have made it a bit difficult for Marlena to use her. However, it would have been UNLIKE Marlena not to have said something to Belle, whether by phone or text, or e-mail......"decided to take your advice, had the advance directive drawn up"..........and especially to notify her she was health proxy. I mean, Belle was in Hong Kong. If a situation arose back in Salem, how the heck would anyone know? And perhaps I am wrong.....but isn't a health directive filed with the hospital? Put in your medical records file?

I think Ben was holding a bandanna.
He was definitely holding a bandanna. At first he was going to use it as a blindfold for Ciara, but she saw it and got a little freaked out. He explained he wanted to blindfold her for the surprise and she apologized for kind of jumping to an awkward conclusion.

Later, when they were in the garage, he was using the bandanna to wipe his hands and sort of spot-shine the motorcycle here and there as they talked.

I'm guessing that Hope's position is that the fire was an attempt to kill Ciara.
Yes, this would be the legal justification for arresting Ben.
I laughed when John said to Justin "Who's going to sue? Doc?"
This is a good point. The only ones with standing to bring an action would be Marlena and her family and they're certainly not going to sue if Marlena recovers. If they did, it would have to be under some novel, absurd legal theory like "wrongful life" or for the suffering endured by Doc between the time she might have died and and when she recovered. Even a Salem judge would toss out such lawsuits in the blink of an eye.
Why isn't the Salem PD getting a warrant to search the Dimera tunnels? Why do they seem to conveniently forget they are there when half of Salem has been trapped down there at some point?
Bumbling Eli and Lani did want to search the tunnels, but Stinky O. McStench demanded that they get a warrant. Since nothing has been done, either they were too busy sorting out their relationship to remember to follow up or witchy Hope said something like: "I'll get to this later. I'm too busy framing Ben Weston."
I don't understand why Hope was dressed like Ronald McDonald. It's not Halloween yet.
The way Hope has been acting lately, she should dress in a black dress and pointy hat and borrow Kristen's broom.

Bumbling Eli and Lani did want to search the tunnels, but Stinky O. McStench demanded that they get a warrant. Since nothing has been done, either they were too busy sorting out their relationship to remember to follow up or witchy Hope said something like: "I'll get to this later. I'm too busy framing Ben Weston."
Where's Bo Brady and his disregard of search warrants when you need him??

The fact that Stefan had no problem letting them search the house, but wanted a warrant to do the tunnels should have been a huge red flag, with an immediate quest for the warrant. They should have been on radio to Commissioner to get it stat! But of course......nope. Let's drag it out. Kristen could have already been cross country, up in Maine, down in Louisiana by now. LOL

Back