Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Aug., 23, 2018

I'm thinking Sami has been held captive by Kristen and she let her take Marlena's phone call. She finds out John and Marlena are getting married so she shows up as Susan and in the meantime Sami managed to escape. I haven't figured out why Sami would be saying Marlena couldn't marry John though.

Originally I thought that this has been Kristen all along but now I'm wondering if she somehow took Susan captive yesterday at the end. We saw Susan pick up the doll off the floor and next we saw it with a knife in its back. Also, the hourglass was full at the end of yesterday but it had emptied out today indicating time had passed. Plus she was adjusting her outfit at the beginning and then Will's comment about her acting strange.

I'm seriously over Eve and her middle school attitude. She looks extremely out of place and I have a long list of characters I'd rather see at the wedding before Eve.

Hope and Rafe had a business trip in Chicago? Does the Salem PD now have jurisdiction there? Why did the show make a point of saying Hope had RSVPed to the wedding? Just say that she RSVPed no then. If Bo were alive, I can almost guarantee you he and Hope would have been standing up on the altar instead of Steve and Kayla. It makes no sense Hope and Rafe wouldn't be there as Rafe also has a good relationship with Marlena and John.

I know the reasons are budgetary but it just annoys me to see characters excluded and a bunch of extras instead.

Belle didn't have a role at the wedding but Paul did. Sure.

Other than that, I loved the wedding itself and how it was juxtaposed with Will getting his memory back. Did Marlena really say Sonny Kiriakis at the original wedding? I thought she said Jackson. Chandler Massey(Will) did great work today.

Loved that we got a Claire and Will scene and Claire referring to Grandma as in their Grandma.

I also hated that Sami interrupted before they were pronounced husband and wife.

Hope and Rafe had a business trip in Chicago? Does the Salem PD now have jurisdiction there?
Perhaps they are taking continuing education courses to maintain their licensure. Courses in advanced body hiding, advanced framing, and advancing one's own personal agenda using city resources.
I also hated that Sami interrupted before they were pronounced husband and wife.
I agree with everything you've said, especially re: Eve, but even more especially re: this.

Keen observations about the differences in Susan today; I went back and reviewed and it is noticeable. Perhaps I should "watch" the TV when I am watching TV lol.

Here's something that I noticed about yesterday's episode. I watch all my shows with closed captioning on and anytime there was a line said by Susan instead of just having the name displayed like the other characters, it displayed it like "Susan:". So this lends to the theory that it is Kristen impersonating Susan.

Originally I thought that this has been Kristen all along but now I'm wondering if she somehow took Susan captive yesterday at the end.
I hope that's the case and that it's not been Kristen the whole time. I like the idea of goofy Susan showing up just to enjoy the wedding, especially since she was really fond of Marlena and John at one time.

I have read from others the same thing, but that when Susan first appeared in Salem, on the CC (which I use always as well) the name was without quotes...but Thursday it was in quotes.

Perhaps they are taking continuing education courses to maintain their licensure. Courses in advanced body hiding, advanced framing, and advancing one's own personal agenda using city resources.
Of course Hope and her lap dog were not at the wedding. Instead of providing security for two of the most-targeted people in Salem history, they were probably off plotting some new dirty tricks against Ben or cavorting between the sheets somewhere. It would have served them right if Ben had arrived at the key moment, disarmed Kristen, and become the new civic hero.

Back