Days of Our Lives - Thursday, January 4, 2024

DaysLady

Reaction score
Website
www.fromthepicklejar.blogspot.com
The show opens up at DiMansion - Johnny's bedroom. Chanel has spent the night and they are just waking up. Johnny smiles and says, "Good morning, beautiful." Chanel misses this, Johnny does too. Chanel feels like she had never left and Johnny said that maybe their hearts were there together the whole time. They talk about their night together.

At Paulina's, Abe is in his robe drinking a cup of coffee. Paulina comes into the room and says it smells so good. Abe had made her favorite breakfast for her. She happily mentions he must have remembered, but Abe said he just made what was in the refrigerator. This disappoints Paulina, so Abe says he is sorry. She says it's ok, but he says no, he is sorry about last night.

At the police station, Justin has arrived and Theresa thanks him for coming when she called. She is worried about Tate. Justin will do anything he can for family. He knows Alex is really concerned about them. Theresa starts to say "Alex can be a bit of a ...." and Alex walks up and interrupts her saying "thoughtful guy that brings lattes to the woman who kicked him out of the hospital last night?" He offers a coffee to Justin, but Justin declines. (Note: Alex calls him Justin. Justin is visibly aware of it but doesn't address it.) Alex asks what Justin is doing here? Theresa buts in and says she called him. Justin's phone beeps and he announces that Tate's arraignment starts at 11am. Alex says great, but that Justin doesn't need to stay. Alex has called someone else to represent Tate. Justin makes a face.

In the interrogation room, Tate and Brady are arguing. It's the dumbest conversation ever. John walks in with a suit for Tate that Tate had asked him to bring. Brady complains about Tate's stubbornness, and John says "sounds like someone else I know."

At the hospital, EJ is on the phone with Rafe. Holly has had another seizure. Nicole hasn't left her side. Rafe promises to keep him updated on the case. Rafe tells EJ to stay with Nicole, and EJ says that Eric is with them right now.

Back at the police station, Theresa is appalled that Alex hired someone other than Justin. She stands with Justin and they have a ridiculous conversation about reason. Alex wanted someone more ruthless.

In the interrogation room, Tate asks how Holly is doing. John says there has been no change. Tate feels like he should have kept a better eye on her.

Back at DiMansion, Chanel and Johnny talk about what she wants him to make her for breakfast. They start to kiss, but her phone beeps. She is worried it might be her mom so she grabs her phone. Says it was EJ, that he had been trying to reach Johnny all night. Johnny grabs his phone that had been put on silent and sees how many missed texts and calls he has. He finds out about Holly's situation. Chanel and Johnny jump out of bed, Johnny is in a rush to get to the hospital. Chanel hands him his keys.

At Paulina's, Abe explains he just felt it would be wrong to be intimate. Paulina understands. Abe makes it clear he loves her. Chanel walks in and asks if she should leave them alone?

Back at the police station, more arguing between Theresa and Alex about hiring or not hiring Justin. Theresa insists Justin should take the case. Justin agrees to have the other lawyer consult as well. Rafe walks up and thinks Tate needs all the help he can get, EJ is out for blood.

In the interrogation room, John gives Tate a pep talk. He then addresses Brady and gives advice. Brady is not hearing it. EJ is the DA so it's already not fair.

At the hospital, EJ is updating Johnny on Holly's condition. Johnny wants to see her but EJ says it's not a good time because Eric and Nicole are with her right now.

Back at Paulina's, Paulina says not to worry, Chanel wasn't interrupting anything. Abe is going to go get dressed and asks the ladies to excuse him. Chanel sits down and smiles, asking about the night before. Paulina says they had a wonderful talk about her medical stuff and that Abe told her he loved her. Chanel hints at anything else, Paulina says no, he wasn't ready, but they talked about it today and they are ok. She asks about Chanel's night.

Chanel says she went to Johnny's place. We see a flashback to the night before, Chanel is wearing one of Johnny's shirts to sleep in, she and Johnny start to kiss. In between kisses, they talk about being 2 years since they married and how it's been a long 2 years. Chanel says it's funny that they were married and yet now she is so nervous. He kisses her and says he is hungry. He had gone downstairs and got whipped cream while she was in the bathroom. He has plans for the whip cream. Back to present time and Chanel tells Paulina it was a "sweet" night.

Back at the police station, Brady walks out and starts to argue with Theresa about the entire dumb thing. Justin stops them, says that Tate needs all of them on the same side. Justin is optimistic since there is little evidence to suggest Tate did anything wrong. He insists they not go into court with him and Tate. Tate comes out and is ready.

At the hospital, Johnny is annoyed that Eric is in there and not EJ. EJ understands that Eric has a special bond with Holly. He knows Nicole is torturing herself and doesn't need him making it uncomfortable. EJ then goes on a rant about Tate being the problem. Johnny sighs.

Back at the police station, all are waiting for Justin and Tate to return. Brady is pacing so John walks him out. Alex and Theresa discuss things. Theresa is insistent that Tate is innocent. She knows that Tate would never go down that road. Alex doesn't seem to believe her. She doesn't like that. Alex says he is sorry for being cynical. They hug. Theresa still looks annoyed.

Outside, John and Brady chat. John is annoyed that Brady tried to take the rap. Brady starts to wonder if Tate is guilty, asks John to tell convince him Tate is not "following in his footsteps." John assures him and Brady prays that John is right.

Back at the hospital, Johnny shares with EJ that Holly got drunk on Christmas Eve. Johnny hadn't told him because kids don't tell parents. EJ mentions that Nicole didn't want to leave Holly on her birthday, and obviously she was right. Johnny wishes he had kept a closer eye on her. EJ insists it's all Tate's fault.

Back at Paulina's, Chanel and Paulina continue their innuendo talk about each other's nights. We get a flashback of Chanel and Johnny and the whipped cream spray. Chanel is putting the whipped cream on random spots on her body and Johnny is using his mouth to get it off. Back to present time, Chanel says she needs to enjoy dessert more often. Paulina says she shouldn't eat sweets so late at night.

Back at the hospital, Johnny suggests Holly is capable of doing drugs on her own. He defends Tate. He says since he told her to lean on Tate, EJ will have to be mad at him too if he really thinks Tate did it. EJ's phone rings and he walks away to take the call.

Back at the police station, John and Brady walk in and Brady apologizes for speaking to Theresa the way he did. Justin and Tate walk in and announce that he made bail. Smiles and hugs all around.

Back at Paulina's again, Chanel is finishing her own plate of the delicious breakfast. She says she will have to make it for Johnny. She mentions something Abe had made the year before and Abe said he will have to learn how to do that again. They begin to discuss Holly, her condition and their thoughts about if Tate did it or not. They worry Tate is in big trouble. Abe is concerned about the drug problem in Salem. He and Paulina both wish they knew how to stop it. It's hitting too close to home.

Abe is going to head to the hospital. Paulina is going to call Rafe and find out exactly what happened. Chanel calls Johnny and gets an update on Holly. She almost died. The doctors had to give her naloxone twice. Chanel wishes they had stayed and looked for her, Johnny does too. Nobody knows where she got the drugs. Johnny says EJ believes it was Tate but he isn't sure. He asks her to meet him at the Pub for breakfast. Johnny says EJ is furious and enraged, he hopes he doesn't do anything crazy.

Back at the police station, they are still celebrating the bail victory. Justin leaves to pick up the release papers so Tate can leave. Tate just wants Holly to be ok. Rafe takes a phone call and walks away. Brady invites everyone over for lunch. Justin and Rafe both walk up announcing they got calls. The judge has reversed his decision. Tate can't go anywhere, he has to be taken back into custody.

I want to add, man, EJ is on my nerves with the "TATE DID IT OMG" outbursts. But at the same time, I am completely swooning over his love of Nicole. And his love of Holly. To step aside so Eric and Nicole can be there, out of love, and out of his concern of Nicole's mental state. Man. If supposedly we are to eventually root for an Eric and Nicole reunion, the writers are doing a poor job of that. Because I am rooting for EJ and Nicole more and more every day. That said, someone please get proof to EJ that Tate didn't do it. Holly needs to be held accountable for her own actions.

Thank you so much DaysLady for the summary.

As a quick aside, fired guy did not direct this episode and they had an intimacy coach around so Chanel and Johnny weren't as horrifying as it could have been had fired guy been directing.

After Johnny tells his pa about Holly's drinking, I wondered if he'd tell of her smoking in the living room? But he didn't. Wonder if any of his and Chanel's conversation regarding how worried Tate was a looking for Holly beforehand will come out and will it come out to help Tate or not? But I too would like EJ to tone it down, it's ridiculous. Withhold bail?? On what grounds. I'm so over this story and it's just starting.

Is ANYONE going to call Holly's paternal grandmother????

Teenage Holly has a paternal grandmother?? :sarcasm:

For all the time little Holly spent with Maggie, you'd think they'd want Maggie there to see/support her granddaughter. Guess she only cares about Melanie and Victoria these days.

I thought for sure Alex was going to say he hired Sloan. But then he said him.

Tate should have been drug tested. Figured he wouldn't get bail. Such b/s.

I love Johnny & Chanel. Always did but I could do without the whipped cream scenes.

I am glad Abe didn't sleep with Paulina. Though that might get his memory back. Which is getting really old. Been how long now?

Today’s legal misadventures were pure Salem. The only reason why Tate’s bail revocation was no surprise is that Salem’s judges are a pack of fools. Whether it’s paid-for DiMera flunky Karen Fitzpatrick, clueless Rose Duncan, dimwitted Damon Thorpe, or shouting Judge David Goldberg, they can be counted on to do the wrong thing. As for EJ’s so-called case, Justin was right. No high-priced mouthpiece is needed. Salem Law School’s criminal defense clinic could destroy angry EJ’s case against the poor Tot. (Afterwards, they’d sit around their office laughing about how they wiped out DA EJ.)

Finally, the less said about Johnny and Chanel the better. Reddi-wip should be seen on top of sundaes, not slathered all over those two.

Last edited:
Thanks for helping again, DaysLady.

Why is the courthouse open on New Year's Day? It's Salem.

In case you didn't know, EJ is out for blood :)

EJ is terrible. He's going after Tate when he knows he should go after Stefan and Ava.

Someone forgot what happened to Holly on Christmas Eve. Johnny said today he tucked her in. When you go back to
the summary, she woke up laying on top of her bed.

Why would Alex fire Justin as a lawyer and hire someone else without asking Tate's parents? Maybe because he knows
Justin isn't the best lawyer.

Poor Tate, his dad doesn't believe him about not taking drugs.

I want to add, man, EJ is on my nerves with the "TATE DID IT OMG" outbursts. But at the same time, I am completely swooning over his love of Nicole. And his love of Holly. To step aside so Eric and Nicole can be there, out of love, and out of his concern of Nicole's mental state. Man. If supposedly we are to eventually root for an Eric and Nicole reunion, the writers are doing a poor job of that. Because I am rooting for EJ and Nicole more and more every day. That said, someone please get proof to EJ that Tate didn't do it. Holly needs to be held accountable for her own actions.
I wouldn't want EJ for dog catcher. He'd probably kill them all.

The wonders never cease. Justin spoke with conviction and gave good advice to Tate’s family, then got the exact result he expected…until of course unhinged vengeful EJ pressured the judge for reversal (assuming that’s what happened).

And as always, try to make sense of time moving in Salem. The last we saw Marlena, she was at the hospital with Kayla and Nicole and called Eric to come. Somehow she magically had time to get home, press Tate’s suit, and get it to John to bring to the police station? But John didn’t leave the townhouse with a suit in hand. He was going to try to talk sense into Brady. In fact, did they even know Tate would be at the police station? And is it still New Year’s Day at this point?

Things that make you go hmmm :head scratch: :head scratch:

Back