Days of our Lives - Thursday, March 28, 2024

I loathe the trashing of Diana Colville. The one I saw on screen in the eighties was a smart reporter, a very loving semi step-mum to Carrie, Sami and Eric, and an all around good person, but Leo's (and the new writing regime) version of her is something like Miss Hannigan out of Annie. I thought Marlena would pop her clogs yesterday when Leo mentioned Diana wanting to remove his kneecaps with an ice cream scoop. Having never known the real Diana, she must surely question John's judgment having the woman around her kids.

The recast of Diana with Judith Chapman (who is a great actress) was terrible. They totally destroyed the character, for all the reasons you mention. It's like the writers basically had her playing Gloria Abbott (her Y&R character) on Days, especially since Greg Rikaart (Leo) plays her son on Y&R.

It's too bad they killed off Anjelica; having Judith Chapman (ex-Anjelica; ex-Diana) play her as Leo's mother would have been fantastic.

Alex could be whiny about how even though she was mean to Leo/Matty, at least she raised him; and after Alex goes broke, they could fight over her money.

That would've been such a better storyline. Judith Chapman was a far better Anjelica recast, than a Diana recast.

And for as much as I love Morgan Fairchild's work, she was a terrible Anjelica recast.

Back