Days of Our Lives - Thursday, Oct. 2, 2008

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Episode #10,924 Director – Grant A. Johnson

Philip is on the phone to a Dr. Randall, talking of having donated money for an MRI machine, and learns his mother just had one. He rushes off to the hospital. Meanwhile, Kate is talking with Dan, who explains the procedure for the biopsy, assuring her Dr. Salter is an expert in his field. He is pretty thorough, offers to call her children, she refuses, then he tells her he will be in the operating room, assisting. Kate says absolutely not, she doesn’t want him there. Daniel protests, he is her friend, an excellent doctor. She reminds him of how he had issues with another patient who had cancer. Dan insists if so, they will deal with it. And in comes Philip, wanting to know what is going on. Kate refuses to tell him, he insists, she refuses. And in comes Lucas, also wanting to know why she is there. She is reluctant, but finally tells them about the proposed biopsy, & how it could be lung cancer.

Nicole arrives at DiMansion, looking stunning as EJ tells her, but he has just returned from taking Johnny to the zoo, runs up to take a shower. Nicole notes the beautiful table set for two, rubs her tummy, saying, “Look what your daddy did for us”. John comes in, realizes she is there to see Junior, offers to make her a drink, she refuses, citing tummy problems, John is no fool, asks what is really going on. Nicole hems and haws around, but finally whispers that she is pregnant. John gives her congrats, wants to hear the rest of the story. She explains she was told she probably could never have children, after taking a bullet to her abdomen, & did not care, never liked kids, especially babies, as they seem so “selfish”. However, now that she is having one, she is so happy. She hopes this may end EJ’s fixation on Sami, as tho she knows they share a child, she wants EJ to herself, this baby has to be his #1 priority. And if it isn’t, then she will have to raise this child alone, & she really does not want to do that. EJ rushes in, putting on his suit jacket, sorry he is late. John wishes them well, and leaves. EJ talks of the fancy dinner the cook is preparing, as he pours them both some champagne, then talks of a stroll down the riverfront after dinner to visit a new jazz club down there. He hands her the glass, she has the perfect toast. Ooops, his cell goes off. It is Lucas telling him to come down to the hospital for Sami. Off EJ goes. Nicole bemoans how once again EJ has left her for Sami. She walks over to the fireplace, muttering “Damn you, Sami Brady”. John has come in, overhears.

Caroline is brought into Roman’s office, greeted by Kayla, with Bo & Mickey standing by, too. Roman & Bo have a few more questions, realizing she was in shock last night, lots was going on, and now want to know everything that happened last night. Caroline tells them all of her previous encounters with Trent, which we see in flashbacks. Her meeting him for the first time, her telling him to leave the restaurant, and not come back, how she told him off after learning of him trying to pimp out his daughter. Mickey insists all leave the room, so he can talk to Caroline privately. When they do, he warns her that Roman & Bo may be her sons, but they are in charge of the investigation, and anything she says to them can and will be used against her. She understands. (Man, Kudos to Peggy McCay for all these scenes – wonderful!). In the outer room, Max comes in, greeted by Kayla, is worried about Ma, blames himself for bringing Trent into all their lives with his search for his sister. And how he is blowing off Melanie, cuz she accused him of killing their father, she only cares about herself, etc. etc. Kayla tries to comfort him, talking of Melanie being so young, but he tells her to even ask Stephanie. He goes to see Caroline, talking of how guilty he feels. She tells him nothing is his fault. He muses over the fact that it almost seemed as tho Trent sought Caroline out as he was dying. Roman hocks onto that, Bo, too…….maybe Trent was trying to tell her who stabbed him. They want her to tell them what happened that night.

And finally, she talks of the last night, the night he died. And how he came into the Pub looking for Max & Melanie, and they got into quite the heated argument. Her confrontation with him, ordering him to leave. His refusal to leave his children, her chiding him over leaving Max as a child. He tells her he has been keeping an eye on her family all these years, and they have had a lot of troubles. Caroline retorts they worked thru them, and never hurt anyone in the process. She wants him to leave, he gets up close and personal, refusing. She picks up the phone to call police, he rips it out of her hand, throwing it to the side. She seems frightened, grabs something out of the dirty utensil bin on the counter, it is a knife, she warns him to get out, or she will kill him. She tell them all she had murder in her heart at that moment, but did not kill Trent.

Bo & Roman talk of how Caroline appeared to be the only one in the cemetery that night, but mass was letting out of St. Luke’s and maybe someone saw Trent before he was killed. They will have to check that out. Caroline tells of seeing Trent, strange look on his face, it frightened her. Mickey gets a call, goes into the outer room, returns with the news. The DA has witnesses who where passing by the Pub, saw the light on, thought it was open, looked in the window, and saw Caroline holding a knife on Trent. Caroline slumps in disbelief. Oh, my God, she murmurs.

Repeat of the doctor telling Sami she is pregnant, she says it is impossible, Lucas flashes back to walking in on Sami & EJ in bed, say now he knows exactly when it happened. Sami is very upset, it can’t be, but the doctor assures her not only is it true, she is in her 2nd trimester. She is having a fit, it can’t be, her last period was a couple months ago, she hasn’t kept track. The doc advises her to see her obstetrician, take her pre-natal vitamins, etc. He leaves. Sami paces. This cannot be. Lucas says of course it can, and wants her to call EJ. No she doesn’t want to. Lucas asks, half joking, if then, it is someone else, because it sure as heck is not him. Sami rants that of course it is EJ, but just that one time. She moans about Stefano hearing she is carrying another DiMera heir, and giving her grief. She wanted to escape from the DiMera stronghold, how will she do that now. Lucas wants her to call EJ, she says no, she has to think. He insists, telling her she can’t keep it a secret, like she did with Will. What does he care, she retorts, he doesn’t like EJ anyway. Lucas tells her the man has a right to know, takes out his cell, and calls EJ, telling him Sami is in the hospital, and he should get over there. He hangs up, Sami tells him this was none of his business. You’re right, and I am outta here. Sami protests, but Lucas leaves.

EJ comes rushing in, wanting to know what happened. He sees she is not bleeding, no broken bones. She is evasive, says he should not be there, says she fainted. He asks if they have run tests, do they know why. She says it is no big deal. He asks again what is wrong. Sami is silent.

Wow! Sounds like a great episode. Poor Caroline!! But I am pretty sure we all know she didnt do it. But I am glad to see her in a good story line!
As for Sami & Nicole. I so hope they dont drag out the telling of EJ about the pregnancy. I hope they both tell him soon!!!

Thanks for the write up Barb....always wonderful!!

Poor Caroline, its looking bad for her.

Sami, Sami, Sami...Just tell him for heavens sake! EJ is going to find out eventually. Lucas could pretend to be the father if he wasn't being so noble though and that would keep EJ at bay until the little tyke has a medical emergency. She just better tell the truth and get it over with.

Poor Caroline, its looking bad for her.

Sami, Sami, Sami...Just tell him for heavens sake! EJ is going to find out eventually. Lucas could pretend to be the father if he wasn't being so noble though and that would keep EJ at bay until the little tyke has a medical emergency. She just better tell the truth and get it over with.

I agree, I wish Lucas would just shut up and pretend to be the babies father. Ej wouldn't know until like you said the Baby needed an organ or something, then Nicole and EJ could raise their little Stephano together.

Secrets

Secrets always have a way of coming out. She should just man up and tell him. What is her problem. She knows he loves his son and even Allie he will love this one just the same. She can still get out of "Dimera Strong Hold" as she calls it, it just might take longer. She does just need to tell him the truth and soon. Not when the child needs an organ or something horrid like that or when someone lets the time line slip but now.

Thanks for the recap Proit.
Sounds like a good one.
I don't think Lucas will let Sami keep this secret. He mention of how she did that with Will so I think he will tell if she doesn't.
Poor Caroline, we all know she didn't do it. It's a bout time she has a s/l with some meat to it. Maybe in the end she and Victor will get together.
I'm with the rest of you Please tell EJ about the babies soon. Don't drag tis out too long.

Here's a silly question. When Sami was talking to the Dr didn't she say that she hasn't had a peroid in a couple months? Wouldn't that be a red flag that something isn't right down there. I'm pretty regular, but if I went over a week late I'd either be buying a test or calling my doctor. I wish they didn't make Sami seem like such a goof ball. She could be such a strong character.

She did say that it has been a few months that she missed, but that she is under a lot of stress and that she is not regular when she is under stress. She looks so unhappy to be pregnant. I am anxious to see EJ's reaction when he finds out.

This is going to be good with Nicole and Sami both pregnant with EJ's babies.......I'm also ready to find out what Kate has.

AND, I'm also glad Caroline was given a great SL for a change. It's nice to read about her in these wonderful summaries we receive from DJM, KathyLu & Barb! From the bottom of my heart......Thanks to all 3 of you and anyone else who has helped out.

I agree... I think Sami should just out and tell Ej about the baby.

There's a part of me that wants Ej and Sami together. I really don't care for Lucas...

To tell or not to tell - that is the question.

I want Nicole & EJ together. He brings out the best in her because she loves him so, and he acts like he loves her too. It's like somebody else wrote somewhere: If the situation had been reversed, EJ would have left Sami to go to the hospital to ck on Nicole! I'm not sure he knows who he loves!!!! I guess we'll find out - depending on who he picks - Nicole or Sami - that is if either tells him she's pg!!!!!

Sami doesn't want Stephano to know and mentioned leaving town, and Nicole doesn't want EJ if he's always running off to Sami. She said she'd raise the baby by herself - so who knows - should be very interesting!!!!

Oh I think he knows who he loves, and it's Sami. The concern and love in his eyes when he was sitting there at the hospital wanting to know what was wrong with her showed it all. If she had told him, he'd have immediately taken her in his arms and promised her it would all be alright and he'd protect her and the baby.
I don't think he's IN love with Nicole. He loves the fact that she is not as complicated and that she loves him. She's also a way to dig at Sami and always make her jealous. Not that he doesn't care for her, it just will never be the same way he loves Sami.
But I wouldn't be surprised if the writers don't marry Nicole and EJ off quickly before EJ finds out Sami is again carrying his child. And then he'll be sorry. And I'm not 100 per cent sure here this isn't a ploy with Nicole to get EJ and money. If I hadn't seen Dan tell her she was PG I would think she was faking it..

Back