Days of Our Lives - Tue., May 21, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Rafe sits looking over his divorce papers, Lani comes in, he tells her about getting them, and Jack arrives. He tells Rafe that he will be relieving Hope of her position, offers it to Rafe, who is not too keen on the idea. Jack tells him to think it over, let him know, then leaves. Rafe says if he took the job, it would be a nightmare, even with Hope not there. First thing would be looking for JJ & Haley, & with Eve & Jack's attitude, he figures they would not hesitate to bend the rules to suit themselves. Taking away his authority.

Ben & Ciara wake up in each other's arms, are all loving, they talk. She decides to go talk to Rafe about getting permission to see David. They go over how Lani lied about it. She needs her charger, hates going back to apt. to get it, dealing with Claire again, will buy new one. Ben will go get it, no problem.

Claire bursts into Eve's room, all upset and carrying on over Tripp dumping her. Eve calms her down, Claire says it is Eve's fault, relates Tripp learning how she recorded their conversation, and gave it to Eve, who now tells her she won't lie to Tripp that she forced Claire to do it......advising her to go plead with Tripp, apologize, etc.

Eli goes to see Tripp, wanting to know if he has heard from JJ & Haley, knows where they went, etc. No, doesn't know anything. Eli leaves, goes back to the cop shop, tells Hope (who is still with Jennifer) that he came up empty, but has messages to go thru from hot line. Jen leaves, has to cover Jack being sworn in, Hope tells Eli she is being fired as soon as Jack is sworn in. They go over the tips, find one that seems to tell them where JJ & Haley are.

Earlier, Haley wakes up, JJ sitting in chair. He has been out, got a burner phone, called Tripp, who could not talk then, bought some breakfast. Donuts. JJ thinks they should leave the country, go to Paris where his sister is. He laments the trouble his dad caused, doesn't want to stay in Salem any longer. Haley doesn't want him sacrificing, talks of how her sister let them down as well.

Claire returns home, Tripp is saying goodbye to Eli, then asks why Claire is there. She replies this is her home, then pleads, apologizes, begs for forgiveness. She is so sorry, but Tripp is unmoved. He will never go back with her, wants her to leave, she refuses, her place. Fine, then he will go, and he does. Outside, he calls JJ back, who needs some cash, doesn't have hardly any on him, will pay back. Tripp agrees, no problem, just tell me where you are.

Ben is crossing the square, runs into Eve, who has a complete meltdown about him being free after killing 3 people including her daughter. She rants & raves, Ben trying to talk quietly, is very sorry, would give his life for all of theirs, but since he can't, will just try to be decent person, help people. Was sick then, better now. Eve just yells all the more, punching Ben out. Jack comes running up, pulling her away, yelling at Ben himself. Eve claims now Ben attacker her, no, she attacked me replies Ben. Jack finally tells him to just go.

Jennifer talks to Jack a bit, who now claims he was trying to save JJ, save their son. She isn't buying any of it, he was using Haley, and his own son, to gain a few more votes. She walks away in disgust. Jack talks with Eve about Rafe “thinking it over”, they perhaps need a plan B, evidently decide on one. Jack gets sworn in, Jennifer is recording it all, then makes his acceptance speech, thanking all the good folks for helping him get there, promising to keep them all safe, and since of late, Salem P.D. Hasn't been very effective, he is removing Hope Brady as Commissioner. And is appointing Eve Deveraux in her place. Cue Jen's jaw drop!

Ciara arrives at Rafe's, hugs, Rafe glad to see her after what is going on. She has no clue, Rafe fills her in on the divorce. She is taken aback, hugs, they are still family, always will be. He asks why she came, she explains having been there yesterday, wanting to ask Rafe if all right for Ben to see David, who is his nephew. She adds on about Lani saying David was sick, they were staying in. Rafe is surprised Lani said that....yes, so was Ciara & Ben, who saw them later leaving the Pub. Lani comes into the room.

Eli & Hope outside a hotel room door, knock, call out for JJ, Eli gets the door open, they go in.

Claire has a basket of Tripp's clothes, ranting at him for leaving, not forgiving her, not wanting to be there with her. She dumps them on the floor, pours some fluid (lighter fluid?) on them, grins as she takes out the lighter. She flicks it on, just as Ben walks in.

Today was pretty good even with so much Eve and Jack. Does Eve not see a flicker of her own crazy in Claire? Nice that Jack thinks being mayor means you have your own private security force to arrest people. Quality democracy there.

Eve being commissioner is ridiculous. Of course so is Jack being Mayor!

I think Claire kinda spit on Eve when she said promise. I saw Eve's hair move! :rotfl:

Tripp, why would acknowledge you got a text right in front of Eli?

Lani taking care of David is getting to be ridiculous. Rafe you are the one that is supposed to taking care of him!!

I can't believe JJ is going to completely uproot his life for a woman that he hasn't even gone on date with yet!! Just dumb how they are totally in love now.

okay so the writers are really going off the deep end......
Claire talking with Eve.... poor poor little orphan..... no family in town to talk with..... because a show about family and all.....
Eve then beating on Ben..... okay, I get her point but to tell Jack that he started it, with all those people standing around.... are they going to fall in line behind Eve... of course they are.... because apparently Eve is the new Golden Girl.......

I"m almost getting to the point where I'm looking forward to the commercials.... dancing bear with his clean heinie.....boxer bringing mom dug up flowers, toilet plunger then the neighbors swimsuit top, but NOT fleas.... then there are the drug commercials......

I've quit watching Jeopardy, because I think there's a plot to let that guy keep winning. Now Eve and Jack are the main characters on DOOL. No wonder I was feeling yucky today.

Claire talking with Eve.... poor poor little orphan..... no family in town to talk with..... because a show about family and all.....

It has gotten quite ridiculous that not one relative is keeping an eye out for Claire while her parents are not in town. Hope is too self absorbed to pay attention to Claire, but what about Marlena? Yeah, she's busy with Will but she can take the time she's spending fussing over Eric to notice the trouble her granddaughter is in. Not to mention the aunts, uncles, and countless cousins she can turn to.

Thanks, Poirot.

I laughed when Eli said someone called to report JJ and Haley left in a UFO.

I finally figured it out why Eve's jacket looks familiar. My parents had couch covered
in the same fabric.

I wish someone had taken a video of Eve attacking Ben.

Will Eve be a better commissioner than Hope? Probably not, because she already
has her eyes set on Haley and Ben (maybe JJ) to have them arrested.

Back