Days of Our Lives - Tues., June 19, 2018

Thanks for the write-up as I watched the Cubs this afternoon. Not sure how I would have reacted! I enjoyed the differing opinions of the above. I haven't liked the whole thing with Lani, Eli and JJ. I do appreciate you doing this and having Salem Spectator, even if I groan over some fans thoughts and preferences!! LOL

She was crashing because she was bleeding too much and they couldn't stop the bleeding initially. It's one of the risks with Placenta Previa.

This was a really hard episode for me to watch as I had placenta previa when I was pregnant with my son. I went to the hospital at 26 weeks and was very close to having an emergency C-section. I held out to 33 weeks and now have a beautiful 20 month old. But this episode was my nightmare. I never cared about Lani but I do feel for her. The episode where she finds out will be a very hard one too.
I only know one case of placenta previa--a mother of 6. It was a case of save one or the other--her husband sad save my wife--she's got 6 kids that need her.

@gramcracker.............I think you had the better time in the show you watched......lol. (yes, Cub fan here, and of course, up here, no games unless they play the Brewers, and never on TV, not even in the papers)

I will say I was surprised the entire episode of Days was devoted to this, being that neither Lani, Eli or her pregnancy, have been featured much, outside of Eli learning he was the daddy, while JJ found out he wasn't, not much at all. But it is interesting when the show does this, as when JJ was going to commit suicide.....as the actors really shine. Days is very lucky they have actors of the caliber they do. A shame when they let them get away.

I'm in agreement with many other posters on this one. The writers pulled out all the stops and did a decent job, but central to the story was Lani, a character that I'd just as soon see disappear. When she went into the light, I was hoping that the writers were springing a surprise and she was being written out. I also sat there thinking: "I'm supposed to care about this, but I just don't -- it's only Lani the rather dull make-believe detective who lied to JJ." In fact, the hapless Willow Stark came to mind. When she was accidently killed on Salem Beach while in the early stages of pregnancy, nobody in Salem cared about her or her unborn baby.

Back