Days of Our Lives - Tues., March 31, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I get the 2nd half, will post it.......I definitely not getting 1st half

From what I gather, Steve was wounded badly in his "new eye", & evidently taken to hospital, as I never saw him until end of show when he was on the gurney, bandage over eyes, being wheeled I guess to either surgery or E.R.

Ciara & Ben spend the entire day in the bed at the motel, talking over their future, Ben trying to do a resume'...wondering if he should mention his months in prison, Ciara commenting he could write...does well under close supervision, & Ben retorting can work well in confined spaces, such as cubicles. They laugh. They do a couple of rounds of sex I guess, and realize they are going to have to leave this beautiful room soon.

Marlena all upset that she nearly killed John, he assures her she wasn't herself, and eventually reassures her again. they will take her to hospital, have Rolf remove the chip. (she upset because after all Stefano did, she is still drawn to him).

Brady & Kristen, no idea what went on with him being tended to, evidently, Marlena checked , he is fine. bloodstain on his shirt.

Chad still in his trance-like state, Abby talked him into putting down the gun, as he needs to tend to his father. However he now is sitting in a chair, she is talking to him, he looking sideways, won't look at her. She says she knows his father told him not to, but she, Thomas & Charlotte are all the family he needs. She really goes on a roll, talking of all they went thru, never stopped loving each other, he always believed in her, she in him. (his hands are tied). She forces him to look at her, still talking, kisses him, a few times, he eventually kisses back. She ends up untying his hands, he comments that he knows he wasn't raised a DiMera, but had always wanted brothers & sisters, & then he had them. but he is back now. He takes off the Phoenix rings, sets it on the table, kisses Abby.

Kristen had been there earlier, trying to get thru to Chad, talking of how she always tried to be like Stefano, wanted to be his favorite, but all that while, he had other plans, and was just so despicable. She leaves.

Brady has a conversation with Marlena, John there as well, talking of Kristen changing, how he knows she has done terrible things to the family, and he appreciates how they tolerated her because of him (he calls Marlena Mom, says she is his mom, he loves her). He hopes they will accept Kristen into their lives, realize she is a changed person. Marlena smiles, says they will just take it one day at a time. Fine with Brady.

Kayla & Justin talk, about being together, loving each other. but Justin feels if Steve does return as Steve, Kayla might feel differently. She admits she doesn't know, this all threw her completely, Stefano in Steve's body. But she admits she doesn't know what will happen, tho assures Justin she does love him, he was there for her 100%. She kisses him, they hug. Steve is wheeled in, she jumps up, follows.

I enjoyed the scenes with everyone telling Steve-aNO off. Now let's end this Phony Phoenix story.

I'm glad Kate Mansi (Abby) is on recurring so she could have terrific scenes today - she's been criminally underused as filler against RoboChad until today.

I'm not sure I care about Steve/Kayla/Justin anymore. It'll be hard to erase the memory of Marlena and "Steve" kissing (like Doc herself said).

Holy snakes, I actually felt for Kristen. It reminded me of the old days before the baby switch. If she can keep it up without reverting to her evil ways (since no characters are grey under re-Ron [Carlivati, head writer]), I might start to like her again.

And of course I loved the history review for the less astute/new viewer - Marlena's the only mom Brady's ever known, even if teen Brady couldn't see that.

first half mini recap:

When Anna swung at Stevano with her shoe, the heel stabbed him in the eye. Chad wanted to shoot Anna for hurting Stevano until Abby stopped him and held him at gunpoint. John & Brady reunite, glad both are mostly ok. John taking gun from Abigail and refusing to help Stevano or let anyone else help Stevano either, eventually allowing Tony and Anna to take him to the hospital.

Kayla & Justin were talking at the hospital about helping Steve become Steve again. Justin admitting that he wants to bring Steve back because of Adrienne, but afraid of losing Kayla.

Lots of filler of Ciara & Ben in bed, making life plans.

Apparently Steve will be Patch again. Please let this be the end of this ridiculous story. Though I am still not convinced that Hope is just Hope.

Does no one have an issue with Kristen yelling father and running to him? I am hoping for evil Kristen return before Brady convinces everyone "she has changed".

Nothing happened today but I'm still thinking Abigail was stupid to untie Chad.

Rolf: He should go back to the drawing board with his Phoenix revival project. As amply demonstrated again today, his Steve-ano creation was a pathetic copy of the original. If the trip to the University Hospital ER means the end of him, good riddance.

John: He should enjoy his gloating while he can. History shows that it's never smooth sailing for him and his Doc.

Kayla: She ought to think twice about rushing back to Steve. He may have once been her romantic hero, but since their relationship's glory days, being married to Patch Johnson has brought her all sorts of misery.

Brady: He already seems to be making a quick recovery from being shot by Chad. Is it the Salem water, the power of Dr. Daniel Jonas's heart or a combination of the two?

Ben: I still think that he ought to forget a conventional job, find a good ghost-writer, and get out a book about his prison and execution experiences. If the royalties flow in, he'll have plenty of money to buy cookies to eat in bed.

Last edited:
I'm sad about this -- mainly for the sake of the actor. It is my understanding that wearing that patch for so long actually did damage to his eye.

I'm confused. I know Rolf inserted a chip into Steve and Hope. I thought Stevano used a different mind control with Chad and Marlena. And today Abby and John were able to talk Chad and Marlena back. Now there is mention of removing the "chip" from Marlena. ???? Did I miss something?

Rolf did some sort of procedure on Marlena at the gatehouse.

As to Stephen Nichols (Steve) wearing the patch and doing damage to his actual sight, he now only wears it in front of the cameras, not the whole time he's waiting around and so forth.

So funny, I found a place to watch the show late this afternoon, as I did want to see the 1st half. I absolutely was floored that at the half-way mark, a governor came on with his special update. So, it does seem, all over the country, the show is interrupted at some point so none of us see the entire show. And despite this happening daily, NBC doesn't want to seem to show it again, or in a better time slot. Just go to the website. Which is sort of odd for those who don't have computers. I don't even know how Nielsen can even say what the ratings are for any of the shows if this is happening so often. First all those hearings, and attempts for impeachment, regular "breaking" news, and now the pandemic updates.

Well, for what I did get to see, John came down there into that room really loaded for bear. Was glad he took the gun from Abby, and happy that he got to tell Stefano what a pathetic loser he is, and always has been.

P.S. Loved that Tony is wearing white pants, and with all that blood spilled, bullet wounds, eye socket gushing, (& he is holding Steveano back from choking Anna) the man did not get a speck of blood on those immaculate pants.

@robinsnest, aren't you in Arizona? I was able to see the whole show with no governor report - hmmm. And while John was yelling at Stevano, all I could think was that he was yelling at Steve and it didn't feel right. And when Anna held up that shoe (did she actually have those on???), I didn't see any blood on that, either.

As far as Ben getting a job, does he really have a prison record since he was innocent of what he was convicted of? He could explain that time saying he was wrongfully convicted and imprisoned, but he shouldn't have a criminal record, right? And I am not sure why he was acting all squirrelly about Ciara saying they were in this together. Weren't they living together before he went to jail? This should not be a surprise to him that she expected that they would be living together.

Kate Mansi (Abigail) was VERY good today. It's so weird how little they have given her to do since she got Eve out of prison. I'm glad Abby also cared about her Uncle Steve and said she was going to get him back. One of the MANY problems with this story has been the way characters, especially Kayla, have acted like it was really Stefano and not poor Steve who got his body stolen.

Brady and Marlena scenes with him acknowledging her as his mother were touching.

Ben and Ciara were boring and the least interesting part of this episode.

I'm happy they're finally wrapping up this Stevano stupidity. The actors did the best they could but the writing was silly.

Thanks, Poirot. On Demand showed Days early today so I could see the whole
episode there.

Interesting to see Ben pray for Marlena.

Great scenes with Brady and Marlena.

It's too bad Steve had to lose his eye again. It should have been the other eye.

I guessed Abby would wake up Chad with kiss. She did.

Poor Justin. Kayla ran to Steve when they brought him in.

Kristen said "it was a fairy tale wedding with the "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"

@robinsnest, aren't you in Arizona? I was able to see the whole show with no governor report - hmmm. And while John was yelling at Stevano, all I could think was that he was yelling at Steve and it didn't feel right. And when Anna held up that shoe (did she actually have those on???), I didn't see any blood on that, either.

The President interrupted the show today. I'm not sure what he said. I'm trying to not watch anything about the virus as it's too depressing, so I went to HBO and watch Aquaman.

As far as Ben getting a job, does he really have a prison record since he was innocent of what he was convicted of? He could explain that time saying he was wrongfully convicted and imprisoned, but he shouldn't have a criminal record, right?
Well, there was that whole killing Serena, Paige and midwife Wendy, sort of killing Will and trying to kill Marlena.

Once a potential employer ran Ben's name through "Ewe Search", they'd get some eye opening results.

Potential employer: So, Mr. Weston, a background search shows you killed 3 women and attempted to kill 2 other individuals. You were also convicted of killing your sister, but were later released because, and let me get this straight, your girlfriend barged into the execution chamber with the real killer at gunpoint??? Would you like to tell us more about that??

Ben: Well, yes, I was convicted of killing my sister, but I was innocent. I was in the middle of being executed when my wonderful girlfriend figured out who the real killer was and saved me. But yeah, I really did kill 3 women and also tried to kill a guy who later became my cellmate and friend, also tried to kill his grandma, who was my psychiatrist. But that's all water under the bridge. I did some time in Bayview, got medication and now my head's on straight.... as long as I take my medication. By the way, what's your health insurance plan like? Are the pharmacy co-pays reasonable?

Back