Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, April 9, 2024

I believe the last it was actually talked about, Chad owned it and for some reason mortgaged it (that was never explained). Then right before he came to town, Stefan bought the bank that held the mortgage on the DiMansion, called in the loan, and when Chad couldn't pay, Stefan took possession of the DiMansion.

Then when Stefan died, Gabi, as Stefan's widow, inherited it.

I don't think anybody has really talked about who is the legal owner of the DiMansion since that time (and we knew Gabi owned it). I know there's been a lot of bickering over who has the right to live there and such, but unless I missed it, there have been no additional discussions about the legal owner.

Who knows, maybe DiMera Enterprises owns it now?? Like the Playboy mansion. Hugh Hefner didn't actually own it. Playboy Enterprises did and he paid rent to Playboy to live there. Then it was sold to some billionaire on the condition that Hefner be allowed to live there and carry on as usual until his death.

The Nicole/Rafe marriage is completely unmemorable. They didn't even have an on-screen wedding, that's how un-invested the writers were in that match. And that's an absolute shame because I think Nicole and Rafe could've been a modern super couple. Instead, the writers had them get married off-screen, then immediately flushed the marriage down the toilet so she could go panting after Father Frowny.

I believe the last it was actually talked about, Chad owned it and for some reason mortgaged it (that was never explained). Then right before he came to town, Stefan bought the bank that held the mortgage on the DiMansion, called in the loan, and when Chad couldn't pay, Stefan took possession of the DiMansion.

Then when Stefan died, Gabi, as Stefan's widow, inherited it.

I don't think anybody has really talked about who is the legal owner of the DiMansion since that time (and we knew Gabi owned it).

EJ pulled some magical legal maneuver that wasn't explained for more than thirty seconds and claimed ownership from Gabi. He waved some papers in her face and was suddenly the owner. He kicked Gabi out. I'm not sure whether his claim was for himself or DiMera Enterprises. My guess is for himself. They haven't talked again about the house ownership changing hands with control of DiMera.

I think Nicole and Rafe could've been a modern super couple

Yup this was the worst. Nicole was actually happy with Rafe and they even had fun. And the only long term relationship Rafe has been allowed to have is with Hope, the great aunt of his former stepkids with Sami.

I went ahead and signed up here to make a random observation: I never would have thought I'd ever hear EJ mention death metal band Cannibal Corpse.
Hey, I joined the site to complain about Daniel's maternity. There's always something that pushes us over the edge. Welcome!

EJ pulled some magical legal maneuver that wasn't explained for more than thirty seconds
Thanks for filling this in, I was just about to say this - I think I might have summarized that episode (I remember watching it and usually I only do that for a summary for the last year or so). It was literally a "look away and you'll miss the plot point" scene.

It's too bad, too, because watching EJ try to out-maneuver Gabi might have made us root for him, instead of seeing his smug face victorious with no build-up.

Back