Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2023

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only 35 minutes today <yippee>

Sarah is looking at her engagement ring when Rex walks in to the K-mansion den. Rex asks her if they can get married before the baby is born?

Xander asks Theresa (outside the pub) why she's in town? Theresa wants to pay her respects to Victor.

Ava tells Harris she knows Susan is alive. He wants to know how she knows?

EJ is on the phone. He wants the person to meet him right away. He wants Ava dead.

Regular Eric asks Sloan if she's ready to go home? She says she wants to talk about the baby.

Nicole (more pregnant) and Chloe are in the DiMera living room. They're talking about Philip being alive and Brady isn't pressing charges. Nicole tells Chloe that she won't have to marry Xander now.

Sarah and Rex discuss getting married and how she doesn't want Xander near her child. Rex says he understands she doesn't love him like he loves her. He hopes one day she'll love him again. Sarah wants to wait until after Victor's funeral to get married. She talks about how none of Victor's kids will be at the funeral when Philip walks in. Philip tells them Brady won't be pressing charges and he's free to attend the funeral. Rex is ready to support him. Philip notices Sarah is pregnant and asks who the dad is? Rex says he is. They talk about missing each other. Sarah leaves to go lay down.

Sloan tells Eric she's sorry she lost the baby. Eric tries to tell her it wasn't her fault. Sloan is sorry he won't be able to be a father since it was her fault. She has flashback reading Nicole's test result that EJ isn't the father. Eric wants to go to the pub and make her dinner. She tells him she'll meet him there. She wants to take a walk.

Ava saw Susan get out of the car before it exploded. Ava tells Harris she remembered about Susan when she hypnotized by Marlena. She didn't say anything because she didn't think Marlena would believe her. She's afraid they would think she made it up. She has no idea where Susan might be.

EJ is waiting in an isolated area of the park. A henchwoman comes up. They discuss killing Ava at Bayview. The woman says security is tight. EJ just wants the job done. He doesn't care how. He tells her he's always been happy with her work. Woman remarks that she hasn't worked for him lately since he's different. EJ says yes he is, but this is personal. He hands her an envelope with money(?) and tells her to send Xander to his grave too.

Xander asks Theresa if she was crying over Victor? She says no, but for Brady. She says he probably feels the same about Sarah since she dumped him because of the clown mask. Xander says he's moved on. Theresa calls him Bozo and asks if he joined the circus? Xander says he's engaged to Chloe. Theresa can't believe Chloe would be involved with him after what happened with Mateo in Mexico. Xander says that's ancient history and he's changed (doesn't everyone in Salem say that?). He tells her he was just offered money and he turned it down. Theresa calls him a saint.

Chloe asks why Nicole said that about Xander? Nicole says Philip is back and you can get back together with him. Philip still loves you. Chloe says I'm with someone else. Nicole mentions the Philip and Brady triangle with her. Chloe brings up Eric and EJ. The discussion goes off the rails. Nicole asks later how Chloe felt when she saw Philip? Chloe admits her heart skipped a beat, but she's with Xander now. They make a pact that neither one can choose who the other one is with. Nicole says but don't come crawling to me if something happens with Xander. Chloe says the same with you and EJ. They shake hands and hug.

Philip tells Rex he's happy for him. He knows Chloe is with Xander. Rex is concerned Philip is still obsessed with Chloe. Philip says before, loving Chloe was like an addiction. Philip says he still loves her, but he can control his feelings. He says he won't chase after her. Rex says he doesn't want him to do anything to jeopardize his recovery. Philip says he won't try to break up Chloe and Xander, so Xander won't go after Sarah. Philip says that won't happen anyway since Sarah is having your baby. Rex hesitates and says that's true.

Theresa tells Xander he'll go back to his old self if he's desperate enough for money. Theresa hopes it's not too late for Chloe. Xander says Chloe loves and trusts him. Theresa says things will get bad. She hopes Chloe will do everyone a favor and stab him like she did with El Fideo (the noodle). She says no one will come to his funeral. He grabs her as she walks away. Eric comes up and tells Xander to let her go. Xander says Theresa brings out the worst in him and leaves.

Eric asks if she's ok. Theresa says yes. Eric figures out she's in town for Victor's funeral. Theresa said she's sorry about the baby. Her mom told her about the miscarriage. Theresa hopes they will try again later. Eric says Sloan has medical condition and can't have a baby. Theresa asks Eric if he would put in a good word for her with Brady? He's surprised since things didn't work out before. Theresa says forget it. They hug and she leaves.

EJ is talking to a picture of his mom. He tells her about getting revenge. Sloan comes up and asks who he's talking to? She tells him revenge isn't a good thing. She mentions her parents and wanted revenge herself. EJ notices the hospital bracelet. He says Nicole told him about the miscarriage and he's sorry. He knows how much Father Eric wanted to be a father. EJ is trying to be sympathetic , but Sloan sees through him. EJ says maybe it isn't the cards for Eric to be a father. Sloan says or maybe it is. EJ says maybe Eric can be a father one day. He tells her again how sorry he is and walks away.

Harris says they need to tell EJ about his mother being alive. (good idea). Ava says EJ wants her dead. The door opens and henchwoman enters dressed as a nurse. She has a shot for Ava. Ava says she's never gotten a shot before. Harris asks what's the name of the medication and wants Ava to call her doctor. The woman turns to leave. Then she pulls out a gun. Ava asks if EJ sent her? She says now both are going to get shot and not from a needle. (do it, kill them both and put the viewers out of their misery).

Theresa is in the park looking at a picture of Brady on her phone. She's hoping Eric will put in a good word for her with Brady. She doesn't want to seem desperate and she's not giving up. She knows they belong together.

Philip and Chloe bump into each other in Horton Town Square. Philip thanks her for her help with Brady. Chloe says it was all Belle. Philip says you could have stopped it. Xander comes up and asks Chloe if she's ready for dinner? As they walk off, Chloe turns around to look at Philip.

Sarah comes back to the den. She asks about Philip. Sarah wonders what they talked about? Rex didn't say the baby was Xander's. Rex said Philip still loves Chloe. Sarah wonders if he wants to pursue her? Rex says no. It's best that Xander stays with Chloe for you and the baby.

Sloan arrives at the pub and sits at the table with Eric. She asks Eric if he still wants to be a father? He says yes. Then she asks him about adopting a baby.

EJ arrives in the DiMera living room looking at his phone. He comes up behind Nicole and surprises her. He asks how's the baby? She says kicking like a football star. EJ looks at his phone again. Nicole asks if something is wrong? EJ says it's business. He's waiting on a associate that she closed a deal.

The henchwoman tells Ava this is where it ends. Harris on the side of her and grabs the gun. The woman drops gun and is choking Harris. Ava picks up the gun and points it. Scene fades to black and we hear a gunshot.

So many things.

Old Eric is back.

Lots and lots of time spent with the new super couple Harris and Ava. Joy.

I don't understand EJ's sudden turn to evil. Old EJ was evil, and not terribly successful at being evil, but this EJ is exceptionally bad at evil.

Thanks Kat for writing this up.

Once again it was open season on poor Xander as Salemites of every description competed to see who could sling the most cutting insults. Mayor Abe should put an end to this nonsense by publicly giving the X-Man a civic award for heroically saving Maggie after her suicide attempt.

Harris may be dull, but he proved that he’s a true action hero by saving Ava from certain death at the hands of EJ’s inept hired killer. (How long will it be before Harris action figures are for sale at finer Salem stores?)

Elsewhere, EJ showed himself to be a poor copy of the mighty Phoenix. Doesn’t he know that a man like himself never directly hires a killer? It’s always somebody down the chain of command who does this. And isn’t he worried about a vengeful Cousin Angelo Vitali?

Finally, if Shaggy Phil wants to make a move on Chloe, he ought to clean himself up so he doesn’t look like he sleeps on park benches.

Thanks, Kat!

Agree about Shaggy Phil. He needs to clean up. Maybe he doesn't have a razor.

We are all very curious where Susan has been all this time. If Ava does end up dead due to EJ's machinations (though now it looks like she has the upper hand, or should I say, gun), and Susan returns, uh-oh!

Harris is proving himself to be loyal to Ava, so far.

Will Eric want to adopt? If he stays with Sloan, that is a likely option.

Disappointed there was no Dick Van Dyke (John Doe) today. I hope the mystery gets solved soon.

Thanks for writing this up. Actually not a bad show today at all, some great interactions between various characters. That being said, I do think this EJ revenge plot comes across as very silly and misplaced. I wonder if it was done just to have him in jail once the truth about Nicole's baby comes out, so the star-crossed lovers can be reunited:sarcasm::rolleyes:

I keep waiting for them to show us what happened to Susan. She wouldn't stay away from EJ this long voluntarily.

Duh Nicole! Really, bringing up you never really get over your first love? Walked right into that one. Was funny when she said yeah I guess it is a lot alike.

I laughed when EJ said Father Eric. Will he adopt with Sloan? Lord I hope not.

I guess Theresa forgot all the horrible things she did like falsely accusing Xander of rape, hitting John over the head with a firepoker putting him in a coma and not telling anyone about Chloe being held hostage by a drug lord? She needs to shut up unless she wants to be reminded of her past too.

I wonder if Sloan is going to try to adopt similar to Nicole and Mia and maybe like Nicole she will switch the babies? I could see EJ and Sloan after they both get dumped.

Old EJ was evil, and not terribly successful at being evil, but this EJ is exceptionally bad at evil.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Well put!

Normally I love Salemites demonstrating that they have longer memories than the average fruitfly, but Jeannie T's put-downs of Xander were too much - especially since she's covering her own sordid past and envisioning a cuckoo future with her drug-addicted ex & babydaddy.

Back