Days of Our Lives - Wed., Mar. 14, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Abby brings a press release into Stefan's office, only it is Andre who occupies the chair behind the desk. Abby is confused, Andre admits he is dead, tells her to bring him his coffee. She goes to get it, he stops her, that's an urn, not a thermos. Now she picks up a glass cup of coffee. She is wearing the gold dress, he compliments, she says she never saw it before, but mentions Chad saying it was one Gabi gave her. Andre agrees, part of the Gabi Chic collection, he gets up, taking a stuffed elephant named Lulu from a shelf, saying elephants never forget. She starts to leave the room..........and wakes up in bed, startled, bad dream. Chad is there, she claims not to remember the dream, asks why he is holding Lulu, he reminds her that Thomas was playing with it yesterday, right here.

Stefan is reading the book about alters, Vivian comes in, tells him he has to get over his infatuation with that lunatic. Stefan tells her there is now another alter, Dr. Laura, who is not the grandmother, but the gatekeeper. Vivian is appalled, Stefan explains how he made it more difficult for Dr. Laura when he forced Gabby to realize who she was. (If this all sounds bizarre, and convoluted, it is! ) She wants him to tell about these alters, mentions her planting the evidence on Gabi, but Stefan says that if the police get involved, it will come out that Andre worked with them to sabotage things so they could get control, and if the Board learns of this, it will be over for them. Viv is worried about her wonderful, heroic son. Stefan tells her then to let him handle this in his own way.

Chad bursts in, accusing Stefan of murdering Andre, and framing Gabi. He is up close & personal, practically ready to punch Stefan's lights out, but Abby walks in, stops it all. Chad is pretty mad, Abby gets Chad to leave the room, saying she won't be working today, has errands to run.

JJ is in the wonderful summer like park, studying, Eli joins him, Eli claims he is worried about Lani, as with that scare, maybe she should not be out in the field. JJ says Kayla checked her out, she is fine. JJ leaves, Eli next bumps into Kayla, asking questions about Lani, same reasons, but Kayla cannot give anyone any info, sorry, not even the father, without Lani's permission.

Lani has brought Gabi to interrogation room, Gabi won't say a word without her lawyer, Lani says Trask thought maybe since they were friends, Gabi might talk to her. Gabi is firm, Lani not her friend since she slept with her boyfriend. They go back and forth about that, explanations, reasons, etc. with Gabi asking her directly, to tell the truth, is Eli the father of the baby. Lani flatly denies it. Apologizes again for misinterpreting what she saw of JJ & Gabi, but also takes full responsibility for the sex between her & Eli, so don't blame him. Eli walks in, Lani leaves, they talk a bit, he gives her a pic Ari drew for her mom, (Ari has been told mommy is on a business trip) but he now has to take her back to her cell. Kiss, and off they go.

Chad enters Stefan's office, goes thru the drawers, finds one locked, pries it open, rummages and finds a cell phone. He picks it up with a tissue, turns it on, sees it belongs to Andre. Mutters, got you, you SOB.

Abe & Val are in the Pub, talking about Abe becoming a grandfather, he is so excited and happy. Even has a rattle for the little one. JJ comes in, sits down, starts talking of getting married, hiring a wedding planner, so no stress on Lani. Val is against this, argues about Lani not wanting anyone else planning her wedding, is very vehement, thinks they should get married after the baby is born. No, they want to do so before the birth. Val again argues against rushing into anything. JJ is puzzled, tells Val that this is his and Lani's wedding, (Lani has come in, is standing there) and frankly, what they do is none of Val's business. Abe is looking puzzled as well. Val bursts out that, yes, it is her business!

Abby goes to see Kayla, chat a bit about Gabi being framed, Uncle Steve's problems. Kayla figures Abby came for another reason, yes, she did. Has these headaches, some severe, not often, but there are these lapses of memory, looking at clock and hours have gone by, she doesn't remember what she had been doing. She looked on line, is worried.....brain tumor, dementia, early onset Alzheimer's. Kayla reassures her, they will take some tests, and an MRI, no more internet reading, they are not always accurate. Abby agrees. Kayla says she can arrange right now if Abby has the time. Sure. Kayla leaves the room.

Sure enough, within a minute, the headache comes, then it is gone, Abby looks around, goes behind the desk, sits, uses a rubberband on the desk to tie her hair back, grabs Kayla's pink glasses, puts them on (Gee how does she see with other folks prescription glasses?) . “Sorry, Abigail, but you don't need another doctor, I am here”. She picks up a briefcase, tucks it under her arm, and leaves. When Kayla returns with tests all ready, where the heck did Abby go.

At DiMansion, Abby walks in to see Stefan. He takes one look, says “hello, Dr. Laura” good you are here. I just found the room where you change clothes”. Dr. Laura says he had no right to do that. He hands her the wig, “here, put this on”. Why? “ I want to talk to Gabby.

Thanks, Poirot.

It was funny when Andre told Abby that's an urn not a thermos and everyone
thinks that.

Stefan might turn out worse than Brady if he falls in love with Gabby. Vivian
told him she's not real. I laughed when Vivian told him it's not just fender
bender it's an entire car totaled.

Val needs to start thinking more before speaking. She might be the one
who lets the cat out of the bag about Eli being the baby daddy.

It was interesting to see Dr Laura put on her costume at Kayla's desk.

Today's episode raised a few questions.

Salem in Danger?: The New DiMera Guy keeps talking about the "Gatekeeper." As anyone who saw Ghostbusters I could tell him, he'd better keep the Gatekeeper away from the "Keymaster." If he fails to do so, Salem will be obliterated by Gozer the Destroyer.

Only in Salem?: Where else would a police officer who's been asked to question a murder suspect end up arguing about her personal affairs with this person.

Too Weird?: If Vivian, the mistress of the bizarre, thinks that the New DiMera Guy's involvement with "Gabby" is way too weird it really must be way over the top.

Won't it ever stop?: How many more times is Chad going to accuse the New DiMera Guy of murdering Andre before the identity of the real killer is revealed?

Kayla reassures her, they will take some tests, and an MRI, no more internet reading, they are not always accurate.
Wow, reality comes to Days.

And Dr Laura comes in, and there it goes.

Meanwhile I have no use for this baby nonsense and the alter scene bores me to tears. It can only be redeemed if Dr Laura ices StefanNo and nobody ever cares.

Watching the Nameless One obsess over what is merely in realitya figment of a disturbed Abigail's fractured mind is not the least bit entertaining in my oh so humble opinion. Once again I am enjoying the performance of Marci Miller (Abigail) but I feel that the fact that she only has scenes as her alters with that clown make it a waste of a story.

All though I will I I chuckled Vivian refereed to Abigail and her alters as "Abby, Gabby and Schwabby" although I felt Ia bit guilty afterwards. It also kind of tickled my funny bone when she lamely tried to claim that when she said Gabby "came out of the wall" she was just using a figure of speech. I don't know why I found that mildly amusing but I just did.

Gabi and Lani: l enjoyed these scenes because we got to see the fiery side of Gabi.. I feel like over the past month or so she's been hit by an avalanche of constant calamity that it's easy to forget there is steel inside this seemingly delicate flower. I want to see more of that.

Last edited:
Wait a second. *Vivian* doesn't want to know other people's secrets? What universe are we in now? Are we in another Melaswen or some alternate universe, because that might be the only thing that makes sense for that storyline. Or we're in someone's ongoing nightmare.

she only has scenes as her alters with that clown make it a waste of a story.
Hear hear. It's not endearing me to StefanNo either. It's making him even creepier. I remarked on twitter that good acting in a bad story is still...not good. Won't get you an Emmy®. Won't get you more jobs. I hope everyone's enjoying the paycheck while it lasts.

Back