Days of Our Lives - Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2023

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jada is crying, still upset that sis Talia left town. Rafe is trying to comfort her, in comes Kate (Pub). Yep, all nosy, pretending to be sympathetic, understanding, assuring Jada she is "there for you" as is Rafe. Later, Kate is thankfully gone, Rafe is consoling Jada, lets her know she now has new partner, Harris Michaels, & wants them to find out who rescued Susan Banks after the car crash & shipped her off to England.

Gabi & Stefan argue about Gabi causing Stefan's mom, Vivian to leave town for Alamania......but Gabi defends herself, noting Viv is where she is enjoying life, is safe among the olive groves, blah, blah. Gabi notes they have Dimitri and Megan's shares. Later, EJ is wanting to know the score, Gabi flashes back to an upset Dimitri holding gun on them, ranting about them having shares, and how they would be blackmailing him forever over what he did to Gwen. (sleeping with Leo)

They admit to EJ about resorting to blackmail, but now Dimitri is in jail, won't get the money, so are left out in the cold. EJ suddenly has an errand to run, will continue conversation later. He leaves, Gabi asks why Stefan lied about the shares they got. Stefan figures if EJ is none the wiser, they may have an advantage.

Leo comes into Dimitri's hospital room raving about this treat he brought Dimitri, some banana pumpkin with espresso caramel fusion, which is Dimitri's favorite....then proceedes to keep it from Dimitri, while grabbing spoonfuls to enjoy himself. They then argue about how Leo betrayed his best friend (Gwen), lost her and now she is gone, hoping to convince the powers that be to still give the money to her, since Dimitri is in jail, supposedly incarcerated.

They go back & forth, EJ arrives with some chocolate yogurt, but gets ticked off when he learns Dimitri has already given his shares to Gabi & Stefan, then throws it in the garbage. Leo does admit to a very happy Dimitri that he is the love of Leo's life, They argue how Dimitri screwed up, ruined everything, now Gwen is trying to secure the fortune for herself, but Dimitri notes it is his money........and wants Leo to help bust him out of there.

EJ has called his mother to make sure she got there o.k. all is well on her end. John has called "Tink" suggesting he & Marlena come see her, but Tink is busy with other plans. Abe comes to see John, looking for Belle, as he wants to file for divorce, while Paulina goes to see Marlena, wanting her to get Abe's memory back one way or another.

John talks sense to Abe, reminding him how much he loves Paulina, and she loves him....as Marlena is doing the same thing with Paulina, both succeeding. Tis too funny when John seems to agree with Abe about having Paulina move on, he knows just the guy, his dad, who is 97, has his own place, can sing, still tap dance. Abe shows jealousy immediately which is how John convinces him he still belongs with his wife.

Abe & Paulina meet, are both careful in their comments, finally deciding to go have dinner at the bistro together.

A furious EJ confronts Gabi & Stefan about getting Dimitri's shares, but they know EJ went to the hospital with same intention, is only mad they beat him to the punch. EJ storms out, Gabi & Stefan figure he is going to Kristen, so they will have to get moving. Stefan says hold on. He takes a swig of his whiskey as he notes "I have an idea".

Leo complains to Dimitri about them living life constantly on the run. Is not in favor at all. In come Rafe & Jada, informing Dimitri, his doctor has certified he is healed enough to be transferred now to a cell. They leave to get the signed release paper, Leo turns to Dimitri......o.k. how do we get you out of here?

So tired of Jada. Oh, I love my sister so much, even though she poisoned half the town with biscuits and slept with a married man whose wife kept her out of prison. She's really a great girl so don't be cruel to her. Ugh

I still don't like Paulina and really don't like Abe falling for her again.

Well EJ, you can't argue because you went to see Dimitri for the shares.

So is John's dad gone now that he is in a home? I love Dick Van Dyke (Timothy) but hated this story.

It did seem John was talking in a manner intended to get the exact result he got.......I think he said Timothy was in assisted living..which means you have your own place, but help is nearby if needed.

Yes, John said he was able to move Timothy into an assisted living facility nearby. They have karaoke, dancing and all sorts of other entertainment, and best of all it will be close by for all to visit. Marlena was happy that Timothy enjoyed the place as their townhouse is getting crowded with Tate moving in.

But pretty much a sleeper episode. Or perhaps watching while waiting for tires and using my phone made me think it was a sleeper show.

Was interesting, and rather nice, that various characters are mentioned in passing...John calls Tink (Tinker Bell, nickname for daughter)
Marlena mentions Tate moving in, Vivian is mentioned, as is Kristen, Susan Banks......

However, everything was too slow, dragged on and on. Yes, some dialogue is to catch some viewers up to speed, but just too many "soap stares". Real people just don't constantly wait so long before replying to a question, or greeting someone who has just arrived. But that can eat up seconds, and intro the next commercial break. :)

Saves the writers some dialogue. LOL

So John was able to place Daddy Van Dyke in a good assisted living facility. If only there was a similar place for the middle-aged that would get loudmouth Paulina off-screen.

Dimitri better quit babbling with Leo and call Sloan. She could easily get his coerced shares transfer voided. The shyster could also get Rafe’s absurd attempted murder charge reduced to some level of menacing, which might be a mere misdemeanor. In such a case, the physical side of Dimitri’s and Leo’s “true love” could continue uninterrupted.

Finally, the DiMera “shares” follies have become more than tiresome. Only in the minds of the writers would the leadership of a major corporation be saddled with such a nonsensical method of determining its CEO.

Poirot, thanks so much for helping today.

So, Rafe made Harris Jada's partner without getting approval first? Is there a chance Paulina says no?

Interesting to learn Paulina and Abe took a vacation to Florida. Who was in charge of Salem while Paulina was gone?

I'm so excited about the DiMera family war. Actually, I'm not and does anyone care?

Will Leo get Dimitri out of the hospital? Where will they go? Will they end up in the DiMera secret room?
:)

Yeah, I have no clue why Dimitri doesn't have a lawyer or why Leo hasn't called Sloan? All so Leo and Dimitri can have a go on the run story. I'm not a fan of the going on the run stories, plus we just did this with Harris and Ava.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing about the DiMera shares.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jada being annoying again it seems. Lady, your sister was barely in town and was a complete trainwreck while she was there. You're adults and you survived her not being close by before. Why are they making her so weird now.

And why do they need to make room for Tate. Why can't Marlena and John tell their dumb son to go buy his own place, you know, for his family. They need to get some green screen going and give people homes. So absurd. Where's Theresa staying during this? Gwen's old place probably since she'll be comfortable.

I agree about overkill on the DiMera shares. Guess the company is no longer open to the public, as it seem the only concern is the holdings of family members.

Is puzzling why no mention of atty for Dimitri, as wouldn't one already have requested bail? Or at least a hearing for it........Leo is so in love with Dimitri he doesn't even check about a lawyer........instead is playing guessing the word games with the love of his life.

I forgot Paulina was mayor.

Rafe did say he needed approval from the mayor, but went ahead giving the assignment anyway.

I hate that just because she is married to Roman, Kate is always at the Pub.........but he is not. Boo, hiss. He should retire, sell it. :)

Corporate shenanigans are boring beyond belief. Don't care about DiMera, or Titan, or even Basic Black, which seems to have vanished. Why can't characters own shops. A bakery, appliances, furniture, hardware, grocery.......or just small things, like TV & repairs, mechanics, carpentry. We have doctors & nurses who are never shown in the hospital. WHY can't characters work at the hospital, in cafeteria, kitchen, lab.........Heck, we never even see the newspaper, and that has to be a busy place, with employees who are NOT the editor or top ACE reporter. Off my soap box.

Thanks for the summary.

Agreed with the others, this episode was dull, and there are several things all at once that just don't make sense. Also, didn't Abe already go on a date with Paulina and smooth this over weeks ago? Why does it seem like we're backtracking, did the writers forget?

Back