Days Production Note Cards

Jason47

Reaction score
"DAYS" HISTORY FANS. PRODUCTION FILE NOTE CARDS POSTED!

Working on the preemptions lists recently reminded me of these production file note cards that I had filed away with the script covers a long time ago, so I finally got around to scanning them. They are a set of 46 note cards (or 92 images if you count both sides!) that NBC used to keep track of cast changes and preemption information for the show, pre-computer era, from 1965-1985. https://www.jason47.com/days/notecards.html

Yes! Those photocopies of the notecards got put away many years ago and I forgot about them and never remembered to scan them, so thanks to the preemption research I've been doing (which is thanks to the ratings research), it reminded me of them and I finally scanned them in this week!

Skimming them over this week as I scanned them, I noticed a few "fun facts." There's mention of a random half-hour episode airing one time after the show expanded to an hour. I don't think I have that in the episode guide, so I have to update that. I also noticed they said one episode for Pacific/Mountain time zones they accidentally played the first half of the episode twice. So half the country never got to see the ending of that episode!

Back