Days suspends production for two weeks due to positive test

Wondered how long it was going to take.

Jason, have you heard any scuttlebutt about how they'll go forward if they run out of episodes to air? Will they do repeats of fairly recent shows? Figure out how to handle showing "classic" episodes like the other soaps did?

I'm not rooting for a longer shut down, but I would like to see classic episodes.

Wondered how long it was going to take.

Jason, have you heard any scuttlebutt about how they'll go forward if they run out of episodes to air? Will they do repeats of fairly recent shows? Figure out how to handle showing "classic" episodes like the other soaps did?

If you saw Ken Corday's interview, the last thing they want to do is air repeats, but I guess that's what will happen if they have to keep shutting down for multiple weeks at a time. They were doing December 9-December 18 this week, so those will now be pushed back to 10/26-10/30, and they'll lose all the ground they made up recently. They're trying to get in 8 episodes a week now, most likely due to the uncertainty of being shut down out of the blue like this, but even with that, if it keeps happening, then I guess the option of last resort is repeats.

I think classic episodes would be more interesting than what is airing right now.

Anything from the 1990's - Cruise of Deception, Alamania/Jennifer and Jack, Bo and Carly's wedding in Mexico, Marlena in the pit (Stella kidnaps her), Vivian buries Carly alive, Marlena/John affair, Belle's kidnapping, Maison Blanche, Marlena's possession, Aremid and Tony's suicide/framing of John as his murderer, Sami getting lethal injection for Franco's murder, Stefano and Vivian marriage and Vivian's tooth implant, Paris story where Stefano is holding Marlena in cage, Kristen's "murder".

I wonder if the picture is wrong. They were supposed to be out two weeks unless they
started earlier than we know

Days of Our Lives is set to resume production later this week, possibly on Tuesday, October 20. It was originally announced the show would be dark for a full two weeks due to a positive COVID test, but they may only end up being shut down for one week and one day. Reports from various websites that Lauren Koslow (Kate) and Rob Wilson (Ben) were confirmed to be at the studio today are incorrect. Lauren Koslow (Kate) posted a photo showing her at the studio today, but the photo was not taken today. Rob Wilson's (Ben) Instagram story showed him driving near Sony Pictures Studios, not Burbank Studios. Days is nearing the taping of its milestone 14,000th episode, which now looks to be completed some time next week.

Back