"Days" Winter Olympics preemptions announced

Jason47

Reaction score
NBC finally released its full schedule for the Winter Olympics, and "Days of Our Lives" will be fully preempted throughout the two weeks of the event. The last "Days" episode will air on Thursday, February 3. "Days" will then be preempted from Friday, February 4 through Friday, February 18 and return with new episodes on Monday, February 21. This is the first time "Days" is being fully preempted for a Winter Olympics. "Days" will air only 9 episodes in February 2022.

Oh, wow......thank you, Jason. For some reason, I thought the winter Olympics were going to be broadcast on another network. Good to know this now, although I will probably be snowed in, then. LOL

I wonder how this will work for ratings since it's sweeps time. I read viewership was down during
the Summer Olympics.

Jason, did Days film episodes to be shown during this time? If so, will they show them on Peacock?

oh wouldn't it be loverly..... if Re-Ron were kicked to the curb and we come back from the Olympics with a new head writer and decent non possessed story lines.......
more shirtless Xander and starting shirtless EJ wouldn't hurt either....

I wonder how this will work for ratings since it's sweeps time. I read viewership was down during
the Summer Olympics.

Jason, did Days film episodes to be shown during this time? If so, will they show them on Peacock?

Days would have known about this ahead of time, so no episodes will be airing.

It will be interesting to see what happens in February if NBC didn't let anyone know until yesterday.

Days will just resume wherever they leave off, tho they MIGHT film some "explanatory" dialogue to remind/catch up, about where they left off,for the viewers.

Back