Daytime Emmy Awards 2023

Sadly there isn't an Emmy for "Most convoluted longest dragged out story without a satisfactory conclusion" category. Ron would have been so happy to bring that one home for his mantel.

Or "Show with most incompetent head honcho". Kenny could win that one, for the HE who shall NOT be named and the rest of the show in general.

I don't typically watch awards show but always watch this one. The soap community is so close, and I enjoy the shared appreciation everyone has for castmates and former castmates.

Good show but sad Days did not win anything.

I must admit, however, that I watched all the other shows last year and can state that all who were nom'd and won did deserve their awards, though still feel bad about Days.

Next year, no doubt in my mind that Days has a great chance at winning due to the Nicole/EJ/baby storyline, among others. Surely those scenes will be submitted for consideration.

I forgot to mention the lovely tributes to the late Tyler Christopher (first actor to portray Stefan).

For those who did not watch, it appears that Stephen Nichols (Steve/Patch) gave Tyler the book "To the Actor" by Michael Chekhov, about the Chekhov method of acting, when Tyler was just starting out, and when Tyler won his first Emmy in 2016, for General Hospital, he held up the dog-eared book. Tyler was well loved by his GH and Days castmates and is sorely missed.

Back