Daytime Emmy News

I wonder what will happen. Will they keep the awards or get rid of them?

The DaytimeEmmys made a gigantic mistake in deciding after the fact to negate Darbo's award, and in doing so, they awarded to the runner up, then took it away from that actress for the same reason. They then decided they would not issue an award for the category at all that year. It was a mess, a disgrace, heartbreaking for the actors involved, and all of it occurring during the week FOLLOWING the awards presentations.
Daytime Emmy show cannot even get a network to broadcast the show any more, so there has to be huge problems within the structure. Glad the dramas banded together. For heaven's sake, the accountants for prime time emmys have to go thru so many more dramas and manage to do so, plus the comedies, variety, talk, game, realty, etc.
I hope all concerned get their act together.

I saw that. I feel bad that Patrika Darbo's Emmy was revoked, but that got everyone moving to demand the "system" be fixed / changed even though they have said for years that voting was stacked to begin with.

Some of what they want is for the day time Emmy's to be run like the prime time Emmy's as to video submission eligibility, voting eligibility, and a division between the accounting firm that counts votes and the show producers so the winners are not known in advance by the producers. That all makes sense to me.

Back