Did Bo know......

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wonder if anyone filled in Bo on the following:

Will became a father, got married and was murdered

That he (Bo) became a great-great uncle when Arianna was born

Little Jeannie came to Salem and he now has a new great nephew (wow, Tate is his double great-nephew since Jeannie T is his niece via Kim, and Brady is his nephew via Isabella)

Sami reunited with "Junior", then he was also murdered

That Abby is pregnant

His step-niece, Eve, came back to town and Shane's granddaughter was murdered

Kristen came back to town and was also killed

Eric is no longer a priest

In his first scene with Rafe, when he mentioned Aiden was the necktie killer, Bo asked him what that meant and Rafe said he'd tell him later. Presumably thinking about Will.

I wonder if he also knew Ciara aged about 6 years in 3 weeks...

As I said in another thread, they spent way to much time on his imprisonment, escape and return. All of that could have happened in one day and the rest of his time spent in Salem with family and friends visiting and learning about what happened while he was gone. I suppose he didn't want to stay around to tape so many different scenes. He probably taped all the "pre return" scenes in one day and the rest in another day or two. It really made his return seem rushed and choppy.

As noted by some of the pictures posted, there seemed to be a significant number of reunion scenes that were cut from what was finally aired, such as those with Shawn. Personally, I would have preferred to watch those as opposed to the Sami DiMera mess, which I fast forwarded.

He was in Salem for "24" hours. In those 24 hours he killed a man to defend his "ex-wife", he had a reunion with 2 of his kids, had a phone call with Chelsea, saw his parents and 2 of his siblings, had sex with his "ex wife", got checked out for cancer, had a party full of memories and had an extra super special "tree" moment with his "ex wife".

Most of that time he was aware that he was dying. He was so busy with his immediate family that I don't even think he realized Ciara's backpack was missing. I doubt he'd care too much about anyone else's problems within those "24" hours since he was worried about all the chaotic mess that he walked into when he arrived back to Salem.

Shoot, has Steve had any scenes with anyone of his own family members aside from Joey and Kayla? I don't recall seeing him with Adrienne or Jenn's kids yet.

Wonder if anyone filled in Bo on the following:
Will became a father, got married and was murdered
That he (Bo) became a great-great uncle when Arianna was born
Little Jeannie came to Salem and he now has a new great nephew (wow, Tate is his double great-nephew since Jeannie T is his niece via Kim, and Brady is his nephew via Isabella)
Sami reunited with "Junior", then he was also murdered
That Abby is pregnant
His step-niece, Eve, came back to town and Shane's granddaughter was murdered
Kristen came back to town and was also killed
Eric is no longer a priest
Given the alacrity with which Salemites reproduce both inside and outside of marriage, Bo probably wouldn't have been too surprised about all the births. As for the murders of Will and Paige, he'd probably suspect the DiMeras. About some others:
Sami: "She married Elvis, Jr.? I'm not surprised, she was always a total airhead."
Kristen: "She's dead? Are they sure? If so, let's go to the Pub and celebrate with some clam chowder."
Eric: "He quit the priesthood. I'm not surprised. He liked the ladies too much."
EJ: "Elvis, Jr. is dead. This is too good to be true. Stefano probably has him on ice somewhere waiting to foist him on us again."
And about John Black: "He's been on the Salem P.D. and the ISA, but quit one and was fired by the other, and then sold Basic Black? He's too old to still be finding himself. By any chance, was he in another coma while I was gone?"

Last edited:
EJ: "Elvis, Jr. is dead. This is too good to be true. Stefano probably has him on ice somewhere waiting to foist him on us again."
And about John Black: "He's been on the Salem P.D., and the ISA, but quit one and was fired by the other, and then sold Basic Black? He's too old to still be finding himself. By any chance, was he in another coma while I was gone?"
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I guess it doesn't make an iota of difference, how inane some of this us to us--re: what happened in 24 hours. The sad part is that Bo is gone. Yes, I wish they had spent more time with his return to Salem, but we don't get what we want. So, I'm glad we got what did, as dad as it all is.

Shoot, has Steve had any scenes with anyone of his own family members aside from Joey and Kayla? I don't recall seeing him with Adrienne or Jenn's kids yet.

Many of us have complained about this. His scenes have been very isolated to Joey, Kayla, Victor, Bo, Hope, John and occasionally Marlena. Last week was the first time we saw him with Jennifer--took almost 3 months for that to happen.

I feel kinda cheated that we did not get to see Bo's reaction to some of Salem's news in his absence. His death came much too soon after returning home. Looks like the writers could have at least written paced the shows once he was back to keep him on a bit longer. Shorter scenes, Bo no on every day. Kinda like a roller coaster ride... Bo's back, joy, joy, joy.... Bo's dead, sadness, sadness, sadness.

I feel the writers really cheated us out of some potentially great scenes with Bo and some other family members. They could have at least given us a week or two! He may be just a character on a show, but when you've "known" that person for 30 years, it's pretty upsetting to see them die. :(

One thing "good" (if any death can be considered good) is that we didn't get stuffed with EJ!! I write stuffed because Thanksgiving is coming and my thoughts just naturally took that turn...sorry folks!

Bo got the kind of departure that he (the actor) and the character wanted. The actor only was going to be back a very short time, so thus the interaction with only a few people in Salem. The actor filmed a lot of scenes, (I know this has been said several times) that were inserted into other episodes throughout Sept. & October. I think even the scenes with just Patch were all filmed in one day.

Bo was able to see, express his love, hug, etc. all his immediate family, which was important to the character. And his final minutes spent with the woman who always had his heart. And that was done as well. I think the writers did a fantastic job, as did the actors involved, and I thank them all. It was not important for Bo to know some side stuff, tho perhaps Steve told him some on their way back to Salem. When Bo finally was back in Salem, he saw the people he needed to see right away, Was able to say things to them they would remember always.

If Bo had lingered around town for a couple weeks, family would have wanted more, so would viewers, his death would have been even harder to accept. This was done well.

And I really hope Days moves on to happier times, and the gloom and misery is watered down. Yes, it has been too much, especially for the upcoming holidays.

It seems like the holidays always include pretty dreary aspects on Days (although not to the extent of the current serial murders). One year the newly returned Sydney was kidnapped from Sami around Thanksgiving, another Johnny had to have his eye removed.

Back