DiMera

ShaunP(not ShawnD!)

Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out when exactly folks started pronouncing the name differently. I noticed it years ago with Kate, but it should be Di-Meh-ra, which is the way Stefano always said it. (Usually with his characteristic rolled “r”). But lately it seems like everyone is saying Di-Mee-ra. It should technically be spelled DiMira if you pronounce it that way.

Things I notice. (guess that’s what happens when you’re a choral director who talks about diction regularly!)

I Googled, "How do you pronounce DiMera?" and did not really expect the right result.

The YouTube I got sounded it out like this: "Dimmer-er," which is totally not right. But thought it was fun to tr to find out.

Good question, ShaunP!

I think it's all just how different people pronounce it. Has nothing to do with anybody changing the pronunciation. Just like Caroline Brady's name. Many pronounce it as "Carolyn" instead of "Caroline" or how Lexie always used to pronounce Taylor's name as "Tail-ir" instead of "Tay-ler". Or how James Scott (former EJ) used to say "Samanther" and "sweethot" due to his British accent. Just all in personal pronunciations.

The show has to go with the flow, so...

They wouldn't stop tape if someone said "Steve N. Doi moira" for Steff-ehn/Stef-ahn Di, D', Duh Merra Mera Mira. LOL

Back