Downton Abbey movie

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Someone said there was a thread on this in Daily Days, but I could not find it, so..........here we are. I don't know if you watched the TV series, but if you did, please try not to miss the movie. All the same actors are in it, there is fun stuff, some adventuresome, romance, zingers and a wonderful ending. The Abbey is shown completely, in all it's immense beauty, outside. The Downton staff bands together to put one over on some opposition. Mr Carson is called back into action, Mr. Barrows has a great time outside the place at last, Tom (gosh I just loved him) finally finds someone who grabs his interest......and just.........
Can you tell I just loved it all?
And they even had a ball, so everyone could waltz away (I love dancing). the same fellow who created and wrote the series, Julian Fellowes, did the movie. Bravo!

I never saw the series, but was wondering if I would be able to enjoy the movie? A friend wants to see it, and there are so few decent movies these days, that I would like to see it, if you think I would understand what was going on? Thanks!

yep, think you would. I had forgotten some names...but as people talk...you get the drift quickly. It is set in England several years after end of WW1. There were a few new characters so those familiar are getting to know them just like everyone else.

By the way...PBS stations in some areas carry some episodes at times. I know their website carries some episodes....via Masterpiece .....

I enjoyed Mr Mosley the best. He was so funny.

If your theaters do not advertise in your local paper, try findin them on line. Mine doesn't, so friend made me aware! I checked on line, there they were!
Kat, Mr. Mosely was so nervous, then blurts out that info.......and so embarrassed & just frozen.

rs. I'm sorry you don't have anyone to watch the movie with.

Thanks, @Poirot. I will make a date with my friend. I had to go to Tucson to see the movie "Judy," since it wasn't playing in this little town, but Downton is here!

Back