Favorite Days Time Frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

niecelingmom

Reaction score
Today, during a rare time of pure leisure, I watched many segments of Days circa 1999 on youtube courtesy of youngdimera2.

1999 was when Sami was on the run and then on death row for Franco's murder, Hope became Gina, Eric and Nicole were in love, and Carrie and Mike finally got together, and Craig and Nancy were after the Chief of Staff job. As I was viewing the segment I was absolutely caught up in the stories that were being told.

I truly am a Bo and Hope fan, and I am hoping the writers will do something to fix the mess that has been made of their relationship so the fans can believe in them again. I am also a huge John and Marlena fan as well, but I was totally caught up in the Gina/John chemistry. Yes, a far out, fantastical story, but I so enjoyed seeing the relationship dynamics that were playing out between John, Marlena, Gina/Hope and Bo.

Carrie and Mike, what can I say? They were friends first, and grew to be more. They would have been an amazing back up to Bo and Hope for uniting the Bradys and the Hortons. I absolutely loved them together, and so wish they had stayed together. I know the Carrie/Austin fan base was huge, but I always though Austin had far too few brains to be with Carrie.

I loved to hate Craig and Nancy Wesley, but they always made me laugh. Watching them again made me wish Craig and Nancy had come back to town when Chloe's world fell apart. Nancy for sure would have dealt with Kate.

The actress who played mentally unhinged nurse Alison McIntyre did an amazing job. I laughed at her, cussed at her, and felt bad for her one right after another.

Salem Hospital had more than one room, Salem itself was more than the pub and the pier, and there was a world outside of Salem and we got to see it.

All in all, 1999 was one of my favorite time frames for Days of Our Lives.

What was your favorite time and why?

Wow, most all the scenes you mentioned are the one's referred to so many times, and one's that I missed because I was working. So thank you for sharing and I for one will be visiting that site so I can see who Eric is, and Princess Gina, and all else... :clap::clap:

the princess gina era of 98-99... that's what got me REALLY into DAYS to begin with. i would watch it with my grammy. i now have that storyline on DVD.

and yeah...loved Mike n Carrie. every time i hear that Leann Rimes song....i always think of them. i think they were cheated too. they did all that build up to mike/carrie...they ride off into the sunset...and then carrie is back with austin? just felt...kinda cheap to me.

My fave era was 93-97, the original James E. Reilly era. So many great stories: Buried Alive, Carrie/Austin/Sami, Maison Blanche, Gina, The Possession, Aremid, Kristen/Susan...loved it!

1986 John as the Pawn thinking he was Stefano finding out he was Roman, Marlena Coma the wedding and then Stockholm, But my very very very favorite storyline was John and Marlena "Affair" because as John says in 1994 "Doc when you and I made love it was just a PURE as if we were married.

removed reference that made no sense...JS

I must say that I loved the storylines that occured in 2010-2011 school year, and the summer of 2010. I know some of those storylines were bad, but there was always something interesting to watch, and it brings back memories for me because that's when I got hooked on the soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back