Hallmark Murders & Mysteries channel

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally got to see this channel, courtesy of a freebie week from Direct TV. Saw an episode of Alison Sweeney's (Sami) Murder She Baked........was not impressed. But also got to see one of her new Chronicle episodes, which I liked, although not understanding why the podcaster she portrays would take the chances she does. Anyway, sort of a updated Murder She Wrote, to me, though Jessica Fletcher just seemed always to use her observation of people and happenings, and then her brain to figure it all out. However, Alex McPherson is much younger, agile, thus somewhat more physical. Got a kick when her uncle invited her to dinner, saying this time she is going to cook, and being Alison Sweeney is portraying the character, the reply was ...this time it will be healthy food". LOL

Will be able to see a new episode tonight......then I lose the freebie channels, about 6-8. (including Smithsonian, did not even know they had one til Old Cowgirl mentioned it in another thread.
Wish I knew what this "extras" pkg cost. Good movies on a few channels. LOL Hate all the commercials. .

Poirot: As you know, I watch all the Hallmark channels. It includes Hallmark Drama, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, HDnet, Smithsonian, and a couple other channels. They recently advertized '9' channels on their promo?! My contract is for 5 channels at $5.99 a month. To me, Hallmark options and Smithsonian channels are well worth the price. If you get 9 channels I have no idea what they charge but you can check their website.

They had MGM, SonyTV, MTVLV (whatever that is), Crime & Investigation, movie short or short movies (1/2 hr. or so) plus Smithsonian. Was 564-573. I tried to find online the price, but they really do not give all that much info....just 125 channels, or 175, or over 200. Ha. (they don't mention all the shopping channels, lol) They want you to call, of course, so they could sell you something else.

I enjoy many of the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. They have been rerunning old Perry Mason movies on weekday afternoons. I enjoy the Kellie Martin movies and the Aurora Teagarden movies. My current tv provider is going to discontinue in July, so I need to find something else. I hope I can find something that carries the channels I view. I wish there was one provider that would let me list just the ones I want and not 120 others that I never do watch.

Yes Lilo we all would prefer ala cart service but no provider will do it due to lower fees.

Poirot will you give it a try?

Once upon a time, Lil0, no longer. I have been trying to check Charter Spectrum......as now AT&T purchased Direct TV and upped the prices again.

I enjoy many of the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. They have been rerunning old Perry Mason movies on weekday afternoons. I enjoy the Kellie Martin movies and the Aurora Teagarden movies. My current tv provider is going to discontinue in July, so I need to find something else. I hope I can find something that carries the channels I view. I wish there was one provider that would let me list just the ones I want and not 120 others that I never do watch.

I only have local channels on my cable, so I stream Hallmark on SlingTV ($25) with the Lifestyle add-on ($5). They have the main Hallmark channel, Movies & Mysteries, and Hallmark Drama. I think you can also stream Hallmark's channels with DirectNOW, which is the AT&T/DirecTV streaming service. You will have to get a streaming device or smart TV, but you can find the devices for cheaper than cable would be (Amazon Fire, Roku, AppleTV or something like that) for a year. I also pay $5 for the cloud DVR, so I can record everything and skip commercials. It's $35 total, but that's still much cheaper than adding a bunch of channels to my AT&T cable package, and I can watch TV on my iPad when I travel.

I reduced my cable bill so I lost all the Hallmark channels. I was tired of paying
for channels I don't watch.

Maybe Alison Sweeney's (Sami) new TV show will be on DVD one day.

We got rid of our DTV & cut the cord. We use FuboTV now. Got all 3 Hallmarks now and every channel we watch except ABC and any owned by Disney. Will watch ESPN & ABC when needed thru their own app. Will save us 1/2 of what we paid before.

Last edited:
I just ordered an Amazon fire stick for about $40. One-time purchase. It looks like I may be able to watch a lot of TV for free -- may not need to subscribe to another service????? We'll see. I want to make sure I can get live news coverage.

Back