His first real band

SarahBeth

Reaction score
So my son is in college now and he plays in a few of the university bands. He's just a freshman but since his sister is also a music major at the same university he's been around the university for a couple of years and had made several friends before even starting this year. Well there's an alternative rock band of guys that are all students that both my kids have gone to see before. So last Tuesday one of the guys says to my son "hey our drummer has left the band so come audition tomorrow". He does. He's in the band. Woohoo. So we got his drums over to the practice pad yesterday. Guess when the first gig he plays in is..... Sunday.... Now my son is a fantastic drummer. He got his drums when he was 11 and has been playing regularly since then. But holy crap... Is he going to have enough time to learn the songs. They are all original, no covers. All I can do is pray that this is not a disaster. They are playing at Tomcats in Fort Worth which specifically a live music venue and are one of 5 bands that night. I am a nervous wreck.

That's awesome! Congratulations and I'm sure he will do just fine as he's been layig since he was 11. What a great opportunity. Hope he has fun and you have fun watching him play. :)

Oh man I haven't even had time to think about going. I'll have to see if I can get a babysitter for our youngest. Can't ask our oldest as I'm sure she is going.

Well due to the storm that has iced us in for the most part the gig was rescheduled to Jan. 20 But they have another one scheduled for Dec. 20. We just found that out Sunday so I had to call the oral surgeon and reschedule his wisdom teeth surgery that was supposed to be on the 18th. Luckily I got him a time that is still while they are out of school for winter break. The university takes a whole month off.

How wonderful for your son, SaraBeth. That is terrific.

Back