Homeless man saves baby's life at truck stop

b2curious

Reaction score
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/watercooler/230849/70/Homeless-man-saves-babys-life-at-truck-stop

I saw this on my local news web site and thought I'd share. A quick summary of the story, if you don't want to follow the link: A pregnant woman in Oklahoma City, OK had gone into labor, 4 weeks early. The couple was on their way to the hospital when the baby decided it wasn't waiting any longer, so they pulled into a truck stop. When the baby girl was born, the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck and she wasn't breathing. The couple was on the phone with 911 and rather panicked when a nearby homeless man named Gary Wilson, who was hitch hiking to Florida, stepped in. Following the 911 dispatcher's directions, he freed the baby's neck, tied off the cord and rubbed her back, which was enough to revive her. Mom and baby are doing fine. After that, the employees at the truck stop offered Mr. Wilson a hot meal and a place to sleep. By morning, he was nowhere around.

That is a nice story. Too many times we paint every homeless person with the same brush and it's stories like these that hopefully make you sit back and give our thoughts and opinions another thought. Thanks for sharing.

Last week in Calgary, a homeless woman found a purse with $10,000 in it and she turned it in to the police. She is being offered an award from the owner but she will not accept it if her identity is made public.

Back