Hope and Steve

Heather4CU

Reaction score
Maybe this isn't the right forum for this but after watching today's scenes with Hope and Steve and reading some of the comments, I'm curious. Were they ever friendly to each other? I know he has the nickname "Sweet Thing" for her so I thought they were friendly at one point. But I started watching the show right before Steve "died" and at the time Bo and Hope were not on air. Then when they did return, he was "dead". Then Hope "died" too. Then Kayla went to California with Stephanie until 2006. And when Steve was found alive, I don't recall a lot of scenes with him and Bo/Hope.

So, I'm curious about the history of these 2. Though I understand why Hope was angry today.

Well, Bo & Steve were the very best of friends. Although a fight they had when both were unattached, more or less "fancy free" resulted in Steve losing his eye. But they ARE best friends. When Steve came on the scene at Days, (when I began watching) yep, Bo was gone, so was Hope. I remember recast Bo, but no Hope, and no Steve then. So am with you about the characters not being on Days at the same time. Steve "died" after that boat exploded, but it was intended that the victim be Bo. So he saved Bo's life back then. Yes, Hope returned, died over the vat of acid, but not really, etc. etc.

Bo and Steve were friends with a woman named Britta (they both had the hots for her). That is who they fought over when Steve lost his eye. All three of them have the dagger tattoo.

Hope and Steve were eventually very good friends.

Right now, I think she's being so cold and brittle towards him due to him going off to the ISA and leaving Kayla and Joey. In addition, she knows the pain Kayla and Joey went through when Steve committed himself to ISA missions, leaving them high and dry, the same as Bo did to her and Ciara.

When Steve first came to Salem, Bo and Hope had just married. Steve wanted revenge on Bo because of what happened between them with Britta and during their fight, Steve lost his eye. Steve became very interested in following Hope around to annoy Bo. Hope was very suspicious and more than a little nervous of Steve, because at this time he was known as Patch and was known to be a thug working with Savannah Wilder, who in turn was working with Victor.

However, Hope was also very curious about Steve because he kept dropping hints to her about his and Bo's past, which Bo did not share with her at the time because he was ashamed of what had happened. The three of them ended up in Miami later that year, when Steve kidnapped Hope, tied her up, and threatened to pour acid on her face when Bo came to rescue her.

It turned out to just be water, which Steve just used to torment her. Steve was arrested along with Victor and Savannah at the end of the Miami trip, but all three were later released when Victor arranged with Larry Welch to take the fall and go to prison.

Steve continued with his previous activities, which included terrorizing Kayla into moving to Salem. Hope refused to move in with Bo in Victor's house when he found out Victor was his father. Bo was looking for information to lock Victor up. Hope moved in with Kayla and was pregnant with her first child. With the high stress Hope was going through, she miscarried and Steve was there to take her to the Emergency Center where Kayla was working. Steve and Hope became friends about that time.

I was so glad to see and hear how Kayla put good ole boy Patch in his place. I want them back together, but not with "dues" being paid..

I'd like to see Hope do the same Bo returns. These two couples are our next "forever" couples, at least I think so !

Maybe this isn't the right forum for this but after watching today's scenes with Hope and Steve and reading some of the comments, I'm curious. Were they ever friendly to each other? I know he has the nickname "Sweet Thing" for her so I thought they were friendly at one point. But I started watching the show right before Steve "died" and at the time Bo and Hope were not on air. Then when they did return, he was "dead". Then Hope "died" too. Then Kayla went to California with Stephanie until 2006. And when Steve was found alive, I don't recall a lot of scenes with him and Bo/Hope.

So, I'm curious about the history of these 2. Though I understand why Hope was angry today.
Yes they were. He called her sweet thing--I think. he did the other day, too.

I was a bit surprised too at Hope's demeanor towards Steve, but I understand it given that she feels that he up and ditched his wife and son for a while. As Bo has done to her and Ciara.

As for Peter Reckell (Bo), I heard he hasn't filmed in a month and is in Europe with his family. I'm not absolutely certain though, so, who knows?

Back