how do I change my password now that the new system is in effect?

Click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the page. The drop down box will display a whole list of options. At the bottom of the first column is "password". Click on that and it will take you to the place where you can change your password, if you want.

Red,

When you sign in, the system sets both cookies and sessions which store an encrypted password. When you change your password on the site, it's supposed to update both cookie and session but if -- for some unknown reason -- it can't, it'll ask you to log in again using the new password so that it can store it correctly.

Wayne

Red,

When you sign in, the system sets both cookies and sessions which store an encrypted password. When you change your password on the site, it's supposed to update both cookie and session but if -- for some unknown reason -- it can't, it'll ask you to log in again using the new password so that it can store it correctly.

Wayne
I was given password to sign in because I forgot my last password. I signed in under the new password you gave me-it was 4 nimbers and 4 letters. When I went to change it to my password it said that the password I gave was invalid. YOU gave it me via email! How do I set my new password and can I start a new forum not related to Days?

Am betting that if you shut your computer down, restart it and come here again, you will be able to change your password easily.
Only administration can create new forums.
You can begin a thread on a subject other than Days, tho, in the Daze & Knights forum.
Hope this helps.

Am betting that if you shut your computer down, restart it and come here again, you will be able to change your password easily.
Only administration can create new forums.
You can begin a thread on a subject other than Days, tho, in the Daze & Knights forum.
Hope this helps.

I have tried to follow the procedures to sign in twice. When I received a new email password, I used it to sign in. However, when I tried to create a new password I also got the message that the current password, that I had been sent, was invalid. This happened a few weeks ago and again today. I am ready to give up, as I cannot remember to continue to use the weird password that was sent to me. I have also tried the shut down computer and try again. No go. Now what?

I really don't know what to say, except to verify that the forgot password and change functions do work. I just verified it using a test account. Not sure what's going on here, especially since you're both logged in, but if you will e-mail me from the account on record and let me know what you would like it set to and I'll be happy to take care of it for you.

Wayne

I really don't know what to say, except to verify that the forgot password and change functions do work. I just verified it using a test account. Not sure what's going on here, especially since you're both logged in, but if you will e-mail me from the account on record and let me know what you would like it set to and I'll be happy to take care of it for you.

Wayne
I think I am now good. I just signed in successfully. Thank you.

O.K. now everyone, laugh....cuz I got a laptop, and the Spectator refuses to accept my password. I tried my new one, old one, etc. and it keeps saying "error". Now it gave instructions to change it, sending thru mail, and I do not want to do that, because that will affect my desk top settings, as well. Grrrrrrr.

O.K. it finally let me in, without changing anything. Sheesh........I bet I tried signing in at least a dozen times.

Back