I miss stories!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mama8108

Reaction score
We haven't had a story in a while and I was wondering if any of our writers have one in the making? I really miss them! I wish I had the talent to write a story. Hope we have one soon!

I'm not sure where they are but I agree. I miss the stories. I wrote a story about Philip, Lucas, Ej, Sami, and Allie when I was sick for a week but it's so terrible I'd never post it.

I used to write stories for a college newsletter but my mind has been away from me lately...

I hope some of our writers come back. :(

Well, I wrote a ridiculously long one but I don't dare post it here because it's a Melanie/Brady love story. So maybe others are afraid to post because they don't think it will be liked? Or maybe I'm just a wimp. :hide:

Hey, stories are stories. We have all read books that we loved, and some we did not. Just think of how many here love EJ and how many don't. Same goes for Dario, or Carly, or Kate, or Sami, etc.

And honestly, I do not think I have ever read a single negative remark on any story by anyone. If people don't like the premise, they don't read it, that is all. But I love to read, and am not the only one, and read everything.
And that is what the Writers' Bench is for.

Post Away!!!!!!! :D :hug:

askew37 I would love to hear your story if someone doesn't like it then they don't have to read it. Please post!

I agree....the Writers' Bench is like the library to me. If I see a book at the library, and after reading the summary of what it is about, decide that I dont like, I am not going to check it out. Same with Writers' Bench, if I dont like the story matter, then I won't read the story.

Please, everyone feel free to post your stories. We LOVE to read them. And like Barb said, I have NEVER seen a negative comment in the Writers' Bench.

I'm honestly really thinking about writing one, but I just don't have a strong idea. Any ideas people could email (private message) me with? I was thinking of a really good story with Daniel, and the new character Madison, but I know that everyone prefers more of the 'old characters/veterans'.

When someone writes a story, it is their story, their characters...whichever Days ones they choose. And all that anyone really wants is characters with whom they are familiar. What difference is the character is presently on the roster, or not. People know who Billie, Frankie, Kayla, Patch, Mike, Max, Shane, Sarah Horton, Melissa Horton, Chelsea, Nathan......heck, even Neil Curtis, Rolf, and ol Bart. LOLOL
Go ahead, exercise those creative juices. LOL

Another minor thing that keeps me from posting is that my stories aren't written in "scriptlet" format. I have such a hard time writing like that. Guess I'll never be a successful screenwriter! Not that I was trying ...

But is straight fiction format okay? I tend to write it more like a trashy romance novel (although I kept the naughty bits PG).

Would not bother me in the least. In fact, have read quite a few "trashy romance novels" in my day. I think they were Harlequin romances, & Barbara Cartland was queen. LOLOL

I remember when this friend of my first husband owned a 1957 Chevy. Not just any ole Chevy, it was one he had purchased in 1957, and it took him a lot of years to pay for it. When he passed, we had the funeral, and all and his son inheirited the Chevy. He polished, and cleaned, and waxed, and both the car and the second owner grew older, and he never wanted to part with the Chevy. He died at an early age, and he alway claimed the two things he loved more than anything else in life, was reading books, and this car. He was burried sitting at the steering wheel of that 1957 Chevy, and the rest of the car was a few books, but the rest of the car was filled with his very own copies of books that he had written. He never had a place like this one, where he could have taken the time to write the stories that he loved so much, and so they went with him.

Just imagine the size of the hole they had to dig, to fit that car into, and down ten feet... Write, Write Write. We love to read, and we can see what you see, as we read the described scenes, and cry when the main character cries, or if something happens, and laugh and rejoice, when something goes right and all is merry and bright. "Write, Don't wait to have to go down with your Chevy"....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back