Julie's grandchildren

Lil0

Reaction score
Website
keraskitchen.com
While searching very old DOOL history, I was reminded that Julie's son, David Martin Jr. had a child with Brooke Hamilton. So, in addition to Eli Grant, does Julie have another grandchild out there somewhere? Did we ever learn about Brooke's child?

Julie's son is David Banning. He has a son, Scotty Banning, with Trish Clayton.

David never had a child with Brooke Hamilton. Brooke never had any children.

Julie's only child was David Banning (she also miscarried a baby after David, a son, Robert Anderson, Jr.).

She has two grandchildren: Scotty Banning and Eli Grant, and two great-grandchildren, the twins, Carver and Jules.

Hmmmmmm. The summaries I was reading were very different from this. Wow. I was kind of surprised to read that Julie had a son with "David Martin". Susan had a son with him, but that baby died. Right? So, whoever wrote the summaries I was reading may have confused David Martin and David Banning. So, did David Banning change his name to David Grant when he lived with the Grants?

David Banning was known as David Martin, Jr. at birth. But he never had a child with Brooke Hamilton.

Julie had David to David Martin, Sr., but put him up for adoption. He was adopted by Scott Banning and his wife, Janet (who died) and named Bradley Banning.

Julie then somehow figured out that Bradley Banning was her son. She got involved with Scott Banning and married him, becoming David's legal mother. At some point, his name was changed from Bradley to David.

I don't remember David changing his name to David Grant (or even using that name) when he lived with the Grants.

David got involved with Trish Clayton and they had Scotty Banning (named after David's adoptive father, Scott).

Valerie Grant returned to Salem in 2016 (after leaving in 1982). In 2017 when David Banning died, we found out he and Valerie had reconnected after leaving Salem and she had his son, Eli, but never told David. She also never told Eli that David was his father, either. He believed Valerie's boyfriend Terrence was his father (Eli was young when Terrence died). When Eli went to Quantico, they wanted background information on him, so he did a DNA ancestry test and discovered he was not 100% black, then used FBI resources to figure out who his biological father was.

Thank you! That helps. The summary I read said that David changed his name to Grant when he lived with them because he wanted nothing to do with his mother. He felt that the Grants had rescued him and kind of adopted him.

Also, the report was that Brooke Hamilton "claimed" to be pregnant with David's child after she left. I wasn't sure if that was a ploy or if she did have a child but no one ever heard of them again.

I thought he used the name David Smith when he lived with the Grants.

Brooke was lying about being pregnant with David's child, although a couple clicks of the keyboard, and he could have another child show up in Salem alive and well, like Ava saying she had Patch's baby, they found out the baby died at birth, then eventually Tripp arrived in Salem. :rolleyes:

Susan had a son with him [David Martin], but that baby died. Right?
Yes, Susan and David Martin had a son, but he died. His name was Dickie Martin. He was the first child on Days to die. David Martin put Dickie in a baby swing in their back yard. He was gently pushing Dickie, then got distracted and Dickie fell from the swing. He hit his head on the pavement beneath the swing set and died.

Back