Manifest for those who have seen the entire show

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Spoiler will be in this thread. If you've watched the entire show and wish to discuss....>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I was pleased that Zeke was dead and they didn't use some flaky trick to keep him alive.
I liked Ben moving forward.

I forgot did Angelina's parent pass away? Since she felt they were religious zealots, why did she become one?

What happened to Cal's face at the end of the show?

https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/manifest-series-finale-ending-explained

They had to do some CGI on the younger Cal because he's aged in 5 years.

So series creator Jeff Rake said the point of the ending is that they get a second chance to do things right, but that all of what happened to them did in fact happen and so only the 828 passengers (except young Cal since aged Cal sacrificed himself) will remember the 5 years they were together in I guess what could be considered another timeline?

Wasn't Angelina the one they rescued from the parents who were keeping her locked up?

I guess in the new 2013, there would be no Major or a whole government operation looking into 828 (aside from trying to figure out what happened to the 11 passengers who are now piles of ashes).

My question is, though, all of those prophecies and things that they were researching...do they no longer exist? Did avoiding the death date and sapphire volcanoes and end of the world reset everything and get rid of any of that, or do they have to go through another event in the new 2024? Is that piece of the ark still around, or is it gone for good now that it was tossed into the lava?

Does Olive remember the 5 years? Grace doesn't remember Eden.

What were the point of the callings? Will someone else get callings?

How creepy for Zeke to meet a woman who knows him intimately and he has no idea who she is. Will he still turn to drugs and alcohol?

Guess the house is cleaned up after Angelina and crew left as Grace is alive.

I have the same questions regarding the prophecies will TJ stil work for answers?

Well Eden hasn’t been born yet. And neither Grace nor Olive were on 828 so they had no time jump to have the memories like the other passengers.

I read somewhere that someone thought maybe it was the 828 passengers sending messages to themselves from the glow to get them all together on the lifeboat and ultimately save the world.

How strange would it be to have lived a full 5 years and have all of these relationships with people only to go back to the exact time everyone disappeared as if nothing happened but you still have the memories. So now that they’re back in 2013 they’ve actually gone back 11 years from when they all get back on the plane in 2024.

Now that I think about it I don’t know if we ever got an answer as to what happened to the passengers between 2013 and 2018 when they landed without aging. Presumably they were in the glow…but for 5 and a half years of everyone else’s time? Or was the point that they were given 5 years to arrive at the death date and save everyone. So they didn’t age for the amount of time they needed to fulfill the prophecy. Totally just talked that out to myself while typing this. haha

I saw the deleted scene where the plane captain was back on the plane and before Vance's eyes turned to ash. So now we know what happened to him. But what was the Major's story? What happened to that entire piece of the puzzle?
What time frame were the callings from? Did stopping them in the "glow" time stop them from happening again?

I agree that it seems there were some plot holes left such as the prophecies and such.

I think only the adults from 828 remember the time and what happened in it.

I think we were supposed to believe that certain things would still happen in the new future timeline - Eden’s birth, Jared and Drea having Hope, etc - but it would happen when it was supposed to I.e following the same timeline it did in the alternate timeline

There is a petition circulating to have a spin off that follows the passengers in the new 2013 timeline and how thing go differently with the 828ers having all of that knowledge from what happened in the other timeline. Would be interested to see if they’re all still connected to each other in some way.

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-please-make-a-manifest-spin-off

Back