Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

missharleyquinn

Reaction score
Currently watching, has anyone else seen it or planning to watch? Any thoughts on or hopes for the show?

I'm going to stay pretty tight-lipped for awhile, but so far I'm digging it!

Just finished watching it (& getting Thurs. night shows caught up).

Harley, are you familiar with the comic? I'm gonna give it a few more episodes. It was good but looks like they'll keep the same 5 agents thru the show & bring in new heroes each week. I'm hoping they have a Wonder Man/Simon Williams appearance but probably not. Poor guy's like the Susan Lucci of Marvel. lol

I saw that Jeph Loeb is part of the executive producers. Smallville used him as a "comic consultant" too.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the actress who plays Robin on How I Met Your Mother on SHIELD.

Fitz & Simmons were funny. Was that a Harry Potter reference I heard her (Simmons) say? I thought she made a Hermione reference?

I've dabbled a tiny bit in the comic, but it's looking like I will be going back through and getting better acquainted as I did with The Walking Dead.

You did hear a Harry Potter reference! I found that pretty funny.

My main reason for watching was Jeph Loeb's involvement. I was very skeptical of Smallville in the beginning. Heroes used him, too, and I loved that show.

Jeph Loeb is a great writer and I enjoyed what he did on Smallville. Really liked his Superman/Batman run in DC. Typically I stick with DC and thought about watching the S.H.I.E.L.D. but didn't think that I would like it very much. Granted i do not know much about the TV show it but I am familiar with the concept of SHIELD. Id idn't really care for The Avengers movie so I didn't know if I'd like SHIELD.

Will they be introducing any superheroes/villains from the Marvel comics? I'll give it a shot and watch it on Sunday.

:OT: Did either of you hear that there is going to be a tv series that features a young James Gordon from Gotham? I don't know what i think about that. Possible tie ins to Arrow? With the announcement of a Flash tv series, maybe these will all tie in together in the lead up to the Justice League movie? I don't know.

:OT: Yes Muzzaman. It'll be an origin story for Jim Gordon & some Gotham villains. I really hope it's not the same villains always on rotation but lesser used ones. There's no word if Batman will be on it at any time. It's gonna be on Fox. No word on when yet either.

Tying that in to the topic, sort of, Jeph Loeb is a brilliant man! Met him (to get Long Halloween signed) at either ComiCon in San Diego or MegaCon here.

I hope we get to find out who this dr is giving the Caterpillar to people. A certain well known Doctor tied in to the Avengers maybe? Will I get my Wonder Man wish? Oooo I hope so!

I am super excited for the Gotham show, my only skepticism is Fox has it and I'm terrified it won't go over well. I would love to see something based on the Arkham games, I think they could make a ridiculous series using those concepts. I would want a network more along the lines of AMC to take it on, though.

Sirramix, I have a feeling you will get your Wonder Man wish. The next Avengers movie is close, I think this show will be a hype point, much like the DC shows to Justice League.

I haven't heard about Jim Gordon series. I really liked Marvel Agents of Shield.

I woke up early and just saw the show.

It's a Joss Whedon (Buffy, Angel) production. Why
the funny lines :) It looks like he's got a brother or
someone else involved.

I enjoyed the robots that took pictures. I'm assuming
8 of them since "Bashful" and "Snow" mentioned.

Fritz and Simmons are interesting. I'm not into
technology and didn't understand them much.

Ming Na (ER) and the actor from Buffy only people
I know except the leader who we saw in the movies.

Love Lola the flying car

I'll keep watching, Too bad on Tues night against the CBS
shows I tape. I watch Days at 7 PM so everything else
I tape or have to watch on internet.

Back