Missy's Soup

test_tech_girl

Reaction score
1 - beef roast
5-7 - medium potatoes, peeled and quartered (if you like the peel, leave it on - much healthier!)
6 - medium carrots, peel and sliced into wheels
2 - cans of corn
1 - can of peas
1 - can of green beans
1 - can of lima beans
1 - small onion, diced (I used the minced dehydrated onions)
garlic salt
mrs dash garlic and herb (has no salt)
adobo seasoning (a nice all purpose meat, etc seasoning)

(This made a rather large stockpot of soup, you may want to decrease the ingrediants as neccessary)

-Season the water with the Adobo-
*Boil the roast for 2 hours if frozen, 1 1/2 hours if fresh/thawed. Pull the roast out onto a cutting board and keep the water warm. Cut/dice the roast, discarding the fat, and any bones (I used boneless personally)Put beef back in the water.
*Peel and cube/quarter the potatoes and add them to the water and beef. Bring to a boil (not too hard or the taters get mushy)
*Peel and slice carrots and add them
*Add diced onion
*Add the other seasonings (I added my minced onion here)
*Once the potatoes are done (they will take longer than the carrots if you slice the carrots like wheels), drain all of the canned veggies and add them
*Simmer for a little bit (the longer you simmer, the better the flavor, but again don't boil hard or you get mushy veggies!)

Of course, you can sub any veggies in and I used 2 cans of corn because they its a favorite veggie at my house. Like i said this made a LARGE stockpot, so you may want to revise the amounts... but I used a 2 pound roast I believe.

Well if you made sooo much send me some so I don't have to cook!!!!LOLOL sounds good and easy!! I always make too much soup but the good thing about it is you can freeze it!!!

Back