Mom's Favorite Marshmallow and Pineapple Salad Stuff

PAllison

Gallery Moderator
Reaction score
[size=medium]Marshamallow and Pineapple Salad

1 small carton heavy whipping cream
1 jar pimento cheese spread (the kind you use to stuff celery)
1 small bag of miniature marshmallows (you may not need the whole bag)
1 large can crushed pineapple (drained very well)

Whip cream very stiff. Add cheese spread and well drained pineapple (to drain pineapple, place in strainer and press with fork to drain as much liquid as you can). Mix together well. Add marshmallows and stir. Refrigerate overnight.
[/size]

[size=medium][color=000066]**************
These ingredients sound kind of funky but this salad is delicious. My Mom and I made it all the time but it is really popular at Holiday meals.[/size]
[/color]

This is nearly the same thing I make that is a huge success whenever I make it. I do it frequently when asked to bring a dish, is always a hit, and the bowl empties rapidly. LOL

In my version..
small carton whipping cream.....and yes whip very stiff
1 lg can pineapple chunks, drained
l small pkg of miniature marshmallows. (and yes, you may not need the whole bag.)

I agree with Pallison, just delicious. I never heard about the cream cheese, will have to try that.

In my version..
small carton whipping cream.....and yes whip very stiff
1 lg can pineapple chunks, drained
l small pkg of miniature marshmallows. (and yes, you may not need the whole bag.)
Add a bunch of chopped pecans or walnuts and you've got yourself a deal...

Wayne

PAllison, I used to make something similar but haven't made it for many years. I used drained fruit cocktail instead of the pineapple, added coconut and pecans to the other ingredients and called it "Orange Stuff."

I also love what some people call "Watergate Salad" (don't know why) but I call it "Green Stuff."

[size=small][color=CC00FF]Watergate Salad! I called it the green goo when I was younger!!!
:laughing:
[/color][/size]

KathyLu wrote:
I also love what some people call "Watergate Salad" (don't know why) but I call it "Green Stuff."

The Watergate Hotel served (and possibly invented) the salad in their restaurant. Long before Nixon etc.!!

@Kathy........Your fruit cocktail thingy....We call it Hawaiian Salad.

I make it with Cool Whip and mix in a little orange jello then fold in cottage cheese. The cottage cheese sounds weird, but it really is good. I have used crushed pineapple and fruit cocktail both are yummy. Yep... gotta have walnuts.

Back