Oh, winter ! How I hate thee, let me count the ways !

Open toed shoes in this stuff!??? NO. Give me fur lined boots!!! I'm originally from Augusta, Ga. and we don't do this weather!!!!!

Kitty litter works very well... helped when sister-in-law lived in Downingtown, Pa on a hill, road a sheet of ice. Hubby got a 25 lb bag and scattered it heavily, and she was able to back her van uphill and into her driveway. PennDot salt truck got sideways and slid down the hill... about 1/4 mile!!! Had to chuckle at that! Not nice, I know... but funny! I'll take comfort over fashion any day.

Aha, and now we know where those "students" got jobs..........They are the wardrobe people at Days! LOL

Stay put, RS, our high today was 4 above in town. But it is 8 above right now. And yes, I wear boots outsode, my winter coat comes to my knees, a scarf around my neck (not hanging loose) and warm gloves. LOL

My daughter, when she lived in Chicago (and now lives halfway between August & Atlanta) used to wear the boots to work and carry the nice shoes in a bag. So she changed at work. She said she could not believe how some gals would ruin shoes in snow/slush, taking chances with slipping on ice, just to wear the heels. (however, they realized the stupidity and copied my daughter. LOL. Now, in GA, she is one of the very few there who knows how to drive in snow. It is rare, there, for sure, but does happen.

Well I'm turning 21 this year so I feel as if I have a long ways to go before I choose comfort over fashion. :rotfl:It's not like I don't want to.. it's just.. ya know! Being 20 and all that!

I'm in-between. I'm in my forties, but I still love fashion. But I do chose fashion according to the weather. So I'll pair a nice skirt (hey, it can even be animal print), with black tights, a nice long sleeve sweater, coat, boots, hat and gloves that match. Or nice pants, again with a blouse underneath a sweater, a nice scarf for inside, etc. I would never, ever go bare legged, or half dressed during winter. Especially on a day like today : here, it is -4 Fahrenheit, not counting the wind chill factor.

And my daughter in early 20s, chose boots over high heels in snow & slush!
And writer, yes, I have also worn nice skirts, long sleeved top, etc. in mid winter. You can always look great, while dressing for the weather.

B958dW1IYAE1ScL.jpg:medium

For fun.....this is Kassie dePaiva, who plays Eve on Days. She posted this on twitter, mentioning the "beautiful snow". So Kassie herself dresses a lot differently for snow & cold in real life than Eve does on Days. LOL

I've always chosen comfort over fashion. Of course being from the South, I never had weather like we have today. When we moved from NJ to MI, I had to learn to layer without adding too many pounds. Here in WV we have about 4" and more to come. The plows can't keep up as it's snowing at 1"/hour. Very light dry fluffy snow. Thank heavens there is no wind or we would be in white out conditions. Been there, done that, don't want to do it again!!!

Back