Peacock sale for $19.99 for a year

LisaK in AZ

Reaction score
I got an email that said you could sign up for Peacock for a year for $19.99. After that, it goes to the regular $49.99. Use the code SUMMEROFPEACOCK.

I am not sure where to put this, so any of the mods can move it where it should be.

They had something like that once before.....which I did hop on for. A bargain.

I wonder if only for new subscribers only, tho, as I already subscribe, but did not get an "offer" now

I just checked and it's for new subscribers. My account is free until September and the only reason I'd keep it is they also have Reelz which means I can watch OP Live if I'm not at home. But I don't absolutely need that and Days is probably not enough for me to pay each month. I'll probably cancel when it's up and then see if they offer a deal to rejoin.

Same for me oldschool. I’m pretty sure come September when my subscription is finished I’ll be done with it. I’ve really been disappointed in Days. I just started watching midway through in 2009 and even then the show was better than it’s been the last few years.

Just as Jason did a countdown for Deidre Hall's (Marlena) 5,000 episodes, I'm on a countdown for how much longer I will be watching Days. As a Comcast/Xfinity subscriber, I get Peacock for free but that is coming to an end on June 26. Just 24 more days until I'm done.

It's kind of sad, as I've watched the show for many years. It has been going downhill for years, and I've tried to put a positive spin on it in order to keep watching. It's now just a pathetic show, and even more unbelievable than the movie Soapdish, in which the main plot had to do with a brain transplant. I remember how irritated my mother was with that movie, making fun of her beloved "stories". Days is now even worse.

Watching for free is one thing, but paying to watch it, even at a discounted price, there is no way. So long Days.

I'm an existing subscriber so no deal for me. I DO watch a lot of shows on Peacock, though, so it is worth it for me. I already reduced some streaming, it is ongoing. All of these services add up, it is out of control.

Growing up, I only had channels 2, 4, 5, 7, 9 and 13, no remote device, black and white at first.

1685722620849.jpeg

You know, I have to watch Days on my computer, so I don't watch anything at all on Peacock besides Days. If Peacock was a regular station on my regular TV, would watch much more. So for me, not gonna pay large amount just for one show. I have DISH, that costs a lot, but I get all my local channels, and a ton more.

Sitting glued to my desk to watch on a small screen is not enjoyable. Sure hope Peacock makes different arrangements to view.

Yes, I know all that. Get a big kick out of how the show is 34 minutes one day, 38 on another, and maybe 41 on another. The fact remains that unless one has a cable server that includes it, you have to pay extra for Days. And a goodly bit extra. So unless they strike a deal wherein Peacock will charge a very small amount for just Days viewing.....the show will lose a lot of viewers when their current contract with Peacock expires.

I’m wondering how long the offer is good for. Theoretically I can use the husbands email to sign up with the cheap price since we used mine last year. I think it expires in September

It doesn't say when the deal expires, we don't know what "limited time offer" means:

New streams all summer long.
Enjoy 1 year of hit movies, exclusive Originals, live sports, and more on Peacock for only $19.99.

Use code SUMMEROFPEACOCK.

Limited time offer. $49.99/year or then-current retail price (+tax) after 1 year. Cancel anytime. Excludes current Peacock Premium and Premium Plus subscribers. Additional eligibility restrictions and terms apply.

According to this, those with current subscriptions can also take advantage of the offer, but above it states that it excludes current Premium and Premium Plus subscribers, so it looks like "regular" Peacock subscribers can do this:

Already have a Peacock account? Sign In to Redeem
After you sign in, you’ll be directed to your account where you’ll need to enter your promo code.

I think they do these sort of promos ever so often. I know when they first began streaming last Sept. there was a special offer, so with tax, it was 21.09 for a year.

I tried to add the special offer above, and got a message that my plan isn't eligible for it. So, very interesting. We'll see come September what happens or if they offer anything. They did say my plan was $49.99 but there was a special offer. So......who knows. Perhaps they don't let you do another special offer while you are using a similar one.

Thank you for posting, soapkitty.

I did not try yet but did check my account. I have Peacock Premium and am not eligible.

I trust you either have Peacock Premium or Peacock Premium Plus (no ads), which are not eligible.

If you have regular Peacock, you should be eligible, and something isn't right here.

I think it is lousy that all current subscribers can't take advantage of this; it would be a good business move on their part.

As we have learned over the years, so much in commerce is not fair.

It's just like other businesses. They try to suck you in and think you won't notice the price jump when it changes or like the service so much you will pay their price!

Chewy.com sometimes offers $20 off of $49 order with free shipping for new clients. Why don't they give loyal clients who have used them for years a discount? I spend thousands a year there.

Well, I guess I'll be leaving Peacock when my subscription is finished!! I will not pay that price. It's not worth it!!

I pay the $19.99 for the year. But only know the rest of the info from reading your comments. I only watch Days and don't take advantage of all the streaming and NBC shows. So if they decide to charge me a high price, I will probably be dropping it, sorry to say, as I have been with Days since at least 1995 if not more. Oh well I guess all good things come to an end.

I appreciate all your comments, thanks.

Back