Pistachio Squares

PAllison

Gallery Moderator
Reaction score
[size=medium][color=000099]Looks like it's time for a new recipe!!! And this one is really really good!!![/color][/size]

[size=medium][color=006600]Pistachio Squares

1st Layer
1 stick butter (not melted)
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1 1/2 c. flour

Mix and press in 13x9 pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes until lightly brown. Let Cool.

2nd Layer
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 c. confectioners sugar
1/2 of a 8oz cool whip (will use rest for top)

Beat cream cheese and sugar. Mix in cool whip. Spread over cooled crust. Refrigerate 1/2 hour.

3rd Layer
2 pkg instant pistachio pudding
3 c. milk

Mix and let set. Spread over cream cheese layer.

Cover top with remaining cool whip.
Optional - Top with chopped pecans and marachino cherries.
[/color][/size]

Oh, man, that sounds to die for. Guess what I will be shopping for tomorrow after church. I LOVE pistacchio.
15.gif

Are the pecans optional? I have issues eating those. Not quite an allergy but they do a number on my tummy ....

Tho I do not have a problem with pecans, I just bought chopped walnuts, as I love them, too. And the pudding, And the cream cheese, AND the cool whip. Can;'t wait to try this out.

[size=medium][color=000099]For the crust you could use 1/2 cup crushed cookies instead of pecans. I think that would work ok.[/color][/size]

Spent a while this afternoon making these. Looks absolutely scrumptious.....tho lots of bowls it seemed. Glad I have a dishwasher. Just finished dinner, and will be eating this later. I did not realize it would fill the pan to the top! Yummmm. LOL

Those sound delicious.. I am going to have to make those over the weekend...

OMG, this is absolutely scrumptious! Wonderful, PAllison, thank you! Hey, Pixers....I think you could easily use a grahamcracker crust for this. (I don't think you have to bake one in the oven then)

But 4 stars for this, for sure.Worth the time, for sure.

Back