Prayers again, please

DaysLady

Reaction score
Website
www.fromthepicklejar.blogspot.com
A dear friend stayed with us this week and he seemed great. He left our home yesterday and thanked us for a wonderful stay, then later shot and killed himself.

I am feeling heartbroken, confused, angry, frustrated. Mostly just sad. Please pray for the family of my friend, Will.

And if any of you ever have suicide thoughts, please get help. Talk to someone. please.

Last edited by a moderator:
:sad: Prayers for his family, friends and you dear friend. He knew you cared about him and that is an eternal gift.

Thank you all for your prayers. This young man was a soldier, had served 8 years in the US Army National Guard. The military gave him full honors at his funeral, and I hugged his mom and dad. We buried him next to his twin brother that died just before he joined the military. (his twin brother had many medical problems his entire life, and simply his heart gave out). Anyway, it was a very nice funeral, led by Will's best friend, who is in seminary, who started with how he never imagined his first time leading a funeral would be for his best friend.

All of us have learned more details about the day Will died. He completed his life just an hour after leaving my home. I wish so badly I could have spent more time with him. A needed prayer request: my kids. They are doing better, but this was very hard for them to understand, both were crying in school the following day and their wonderful teachers and friends have been great for their healing. But this mama worries about her babies. So if you think about it, say a little prayer that they continue to heal.

We have talked with youth group at church, both our old church where Will was a member and our new one. If there's a silver lining to this terrible dark cloud, it's that a conversation was started and we are reaching these kids, I just know it. Perhaps, in the long run, Will's end life will lead to saving someone else's.

God's peace be with you all.

DaysLady: you and the children [entire family] are in our prayers with heartfelt wishes for healing.

I am so sorry to hear this Dayslady. Death by suicide just leaves so many questions unanswered especially when the memories of the last time you saw that person, gave no indication of any inner struggle, turmoil, sadness, anger, whatever. Those left behind and who were not aware of any of the problems one goes through go through such a range of emotions.

I hope you and your family are able to find a way to come to terms with this and hope you can cherish the happy times that were spent with your friend because from the sounds of it, it may have been some of the happiest moments he's had in a while.

Wrapping you in a big grizzly bear hug right now.

My heart goes out to every one that loved Will. I know there are questions that can't be answered right now. But we can leave it God's hands. May he comfort all those that loved him.

Back