Prayers for a friend

Heather4CU

Reaction score
A friend of mine went into cardiac arrest yesterday morning and is in a coma currently. He is stable but critical. They basically have to wait and see if his brain responds. Andrew is only 30 years old. He has a heart defect and has had multiple open heart surgeries in the past and recently received an ICD device. However, this was most unexpected and not supposed to happen at all.

I know his mom very well too as we have served on a nonprofit Board together for several years. I know she and his sister are devastated right now. I don't know what else I can do for them aside from continuing to pray and keep them in my thoughts. I feel so helpless. They are in Washington, DC so not local to me but I know Andrew is in very capable medical hands.

I do believe in the power of prayer so I thought I would ask here if anyone can add him to your prayer lists. Thank you for listening.

Prayers for your friend and his family & friends, Heather

Prayers are being said for him, and for his family.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Heather.

Prayers for you and his family

Oh, Heather, Am truly sorry for the loss of your friend. Praying for Andrew, his family and friends.

Thanks again everyone. This all just hits a bit too close to home for me. They are having a funeral/celebration for him on Saturday and I'm hoping to attend but the Northeast is expecting a snowstorm that day. Hoping that it shifts so I can fly down and attend.

Back