Prayers for Florida

I tried calling my friend in Sarasota, but he has not responded yet.

UPDATE: My friend is ok. He now has a pond in his back yard. Lots of debris.

Last edited:
Friend in Winter Haven said rain & high winds, was o.k. so far, but last night was to be worse.....haven't heard today yet.
Cookiesmom from this board was in a hotel somewhere, I don't think we will hear from her til maybe Fri. or Sat.

One of my authors is about an hour outside of Orlando. She was okay, power going non and out, lots of wind damage, lots of rain but safe otherwise as of last night when I talked to her.

Thanks to all who care so much about Florida people. I have always lived in areas of severe weather at times, but this was a bad time. We lived on Cape Cod for many years, prior to moving here to Florida. We had so many blizzards, and got used to making due. I am so grateful for those who care enough to get out there, and help others. We saw a truck from an electrical company from Oklahoma yesterday. To say this hurricane was stressful is to minimize. We evacuated and quite frankly wonder why more people did not make the move out of our area. They took a chance with their lives. There were tons of shelters around, many that were pet friendly.

We chose to go to a pet friendly hotel, it was basic, nothing fancy, but we were safe, and only about a mile from the nearest hospital should my ill husband have needed it. Thankfully he is doing ok, and we are both so glad to be home.

My son lives in the Naples area, they have been told it will be weeks and weeks before they get electricity. His wife who works from home most of the time will have to travel about 30 miles north to her main office. Prayers for those in the Naples and Sarasota areas are needed.

Please take care and stay safe everyone. Thanks again y'all.

Back