Question about Ava and Harris

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Days is the only daytime soap I watch. I have watched Dallas, both old and the reboot and some other close to soapy shows, Downtown Abbey, Call the Midwife and such. So the genre isn't a new one to me.

Did Harris and Ava have the some magic chemistry when they were together on the other soap? Is it evident on this show? Am I just being to harsh?

Will their appeal come to me?

Evidently, they were good together, and popular on another soap, but obviously they are not getting the same kind of writing, or storylines, or whatever it was, they got elsewhere. I find them bland (not as bad as Tripp, tho). I have no info about behind the scenes.

Perhaps the writer doesn't particularly care for them or is not able to come up with the kind of material that previously made them stand out on another soap. Or, perhaps the exec producer insists they be front and center, no matter what. (that exec has been fired and no longer with the show. But, Days films so far in advance, we aren't going to notice any big improvements or changes til after the end of the year

I find it weird that they'd decide to do this story based on their past on another show. I haven't watched Days in forever so it means nothing to me and how on earth do they think people who watched General Hospital will just start watching Days because of this? It's not like it's promoted from what I can see.

I looked for a clip to see them as a "couple" on GH....but no luck. I saw Harris.........with some other woman, so no idea. Perhaps they were not a couple, but each was appearing on the show at the same time???

It's happened before. I don't know what show it was, but one of the times Stephen Nichols (Steve) and Mary Beth Evens (Kayla) were away, they were together on another soap for a while.

Trying to catch lightning in a bottle, I'm sure.

Well, did more digging, and while they both appeared on that other soap, ...Steve Burton (Harris) appeared for about 9 years, ending in 2012, came back for 4 more years in 2017. Tamara Braun (Ava) was on from 2001-2005. Long time ago, but it seems they were on at same time for just a couple of years. Doesn't seem enough for them to have been a super couple, but they evidently both did well with their characters & story.

Back