Ron Carlivati Wedding Announcement

DrBakerFan

Reaction score
Today's NY Times "Sunday Styles" section contained the announcement that Days headwriter Ron Carvilati married his longtime partner David Rogel on August 1 at their East Hampton, NY, summer home. The article notes that he is originally from Rochester, NY, went to college at Holy Cross (my old school), and law school at George Washington University. He gave up the law in 1996 and landed a job as an assistant writer of One Life to Live. As some posters already know, he became head writer for that soap and later held that position at General Hospital before moving to Days. Mr. Rogal is an interior designer in Manhattan. Since Carlivati went to law school and worked in the legal area before getting into soaps, in the unlikely event that I ever spotted him at a college reunion, among the many things that I'd like to ask him is why Justin is such a bad lawyer.

Last edited:
Meoowwww......just because he "went to law school" doesn't mean he had good grades, or even went more than one semester! But while the law is basically ignored on Days......beats me how not even common sense is used. sigghhhh.

I had seen his marriage pic right at the same time as the last wedding on Days. Both he & his husband seemed to be wearing casual clothing.

Poirot, I did a little checking and was able to confirm that Carlivati did graduate from law school and was admitted to the NY Bar in 1995, which means that he did pass the difficult state bar exam. That said, he didn't stick with the law very long -- being admitted in 1995 and the moving to soaps only a year later.

So...after all the schooling, and passing the bar, he left so quickly to write soaps! ???? Interesting, Dr. B....Thank you for doing that.

You know, I remember John Clarke (Mickey) laughing at how he rarely won a case, he did not know why they made Mickey be a lawyer. Guess Justin is supposed to inherit that status!

I wonder if he spent his lone year of law practice as a ghost writer on Loving. Either that or he was so perpetually out of work that he frequently watched that show...too many of his later stories have either copied it, or directly referenced it, to be coincidence.

Based on the show's writing - I'd have never guessed he had been a lawyer.

Back